Random Conversation 2.0

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by Bookworm616, Oct 7, 2011.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Funny I looked in that area and Cherry Hill not too long ago. Great area, great schools you're gonna like it there.

2. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Its an awesome area indeed! Love it there.move here or come visit!

3. The Dark King

The moving part is a possibility just gotta see where I am at the end of the quarter. It's so weird when you come from a really high rent area and go to other places that are suppose to be expensive you always feel like you're getting a deal. I think taxes are like 3k a year in that area nearly fell out of my seat when I saw that. Clean, nice, and not too far from a major city sounds too good to be true.

4. FG

FG Well-Known Member

You have to pay city taxes in Chestnut Hill. But as you said, i get way, way more for my buck here compared to LA. Do not forget, no Sales taxes. In LA its almost 9% !!!! So... Win!
    Also, im buing a new house so a 10 year tax abatement is a huge plus

5. SmoothDaddy101

SmoothDaddy101 Well-Known Member

Best wishes in the new city.

6. The Dark King

That's really cool wasn't aware of the no sales tax. One thing that attracts me to the area is its a good state for people who carry. A little concerned about the dating area though but I'm sure its not that big of a deal in a major city.

7. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/fighting-environmental-racism-in-north-carolina

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/rac...ama-where-do-we-go-from-here/comments/#disqus

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  8. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Does anyone subscribe to Birchbox or Ipsy? I love the idea but I'm not sure if one is better or what you guys think of either? At $10/mo I'll probably end up trying both but I figured I'd see what you guys that may have tried them thought!

9. Nikkers

Nikkers Well-Known Member

My sister loved Ipsy, she only ordered it twice though, with the currency rate and the shipping, it was nearly $30/month. Not money she had to spend.

It was packaged nicely though! Came in a pink bubble envelope, very girly :smt007

10. The Dark King

So back on that saddle and dating a new woman. I'm really optimistic and want to show it. Her bday is coming up soon and I've only know her a month. I wanted to get her a first edition of her favorite book from childhood. It's a little over a 100 bucks. Is that too much too soon?

11. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

First, let me say I absolutely love the idea so kudos to you for that. Do you get the sense that she shares the same optimism as you do? My only hesitation is that this sets a precedent for gift giving. Can she afford to reciprocate, because she may feel that she should.

12. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

It looks so cool and a few friends get the shipment ea month so I figured I'd give it a shot! A subscribed to both! I love trying new things and this seems like a cheap way to try new brands and products!!

Beautiful idea :heart: My guy got me the most beautiful bracelet for our first vday together (like a month in) and he told me a little later that he'd never gotten a girl a gift like that so quick into a relationship but it just felt right and he wanted me to have it. If you're feeling it in your heart, it's not too soon. I totally get Ches's point about expectations but only time will tell if she's that kind of woman or if she's the type who'll appreciate and love anything, just because it's from you. I think you need to go with your gut. Hopefully she's an amazing chick who'll appreciate the thought behind your gift, not just the monetary value associated with it.

Oh btw...I wanna see a pic :D:freehug:

13. The Dark King

I get the feeling she's optimistic. She tells me she likes me a lot and we usually spend no less than an hour when we talk on the phone or skype. Funny that you say it sets a precedent because I was thinking am I going to have to always follow this with a bigger gift lol. At this point I know we like each other right now and want to celebrate that, who knows what tomorrow will bring.
    I'm not a big gift person so she wouldn't really have to reciprocate, just stay present and continue you to be the person I like.
    Truthfully I like that I get to feel excited. Pretty much thought that part of my life was over.

14. K

K Well-Known Member

I think you should do it.....very thoughtful gift!!

I wouldn't worry about too much too soon. People need to stop worrying about such silly things. If you want to give her the gift....give it to her. It sounds like you are inspired to give it to her...so do so!!

I don't agree with Ches at all - gift giving is not about reciprocation and someone shouldn't limit themselves based on such things.

My guess is that the gift you have chosen is much more about the thought and that it would be very special to her and not about the price of it.

15. K

K Well-Known Member

Don't get all bogged down in the idea of precedents! It's not about keeping track and keeping score...and if the other person is that way that will tell you a LOT!

16. The Dark King

Well she's a little outside of my usual type but she's really pretty, but what drew me to her most of all was her energy. Positive energy and a light hearted disposition makes you the hottest girl in the room to me

17. The Dark King

Good point. I don't get that from her at all. Her vibe is so mellow but then again this is brand new lol

18. K

K Well-Known Member

No need to be analyzing (or over-analyzing)

Just go with it and enjoy!

19. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

That's a pretty awesome gift but spending that much on her so soon may make her think that you're moving too fast. Men and women have their differences definitely but if a woman bought me a $100 gift after only knowing each other for a month that would make me pretty uncomfortable.

But I live in Georgia so that hundred bucks probably goes a bit farther down here lol.

20. K

K Well-Known Member

I think it would be different if it was a different gift that was more about the amount/monetary value. She may not even know how much this cost. I think it's clearly about that it's something that is special to her and would mean a lot and not about the dollar amount.