Your idealistic and realistic partner matches?

Discussion in 'The Attraction Between White Women and Black Men' started by blacklexus, May 1, 2014.

1. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I'm with you on the cross fit thing. It feels cult-like. Lol.

Agreed on all counts. Nothing on his list is unreasonable.

Oh yeah, I'm on my phone and typing out this message was a challenge so I'm not going to go back to address something Jaisee said under his message as it'll take me forever.

I don't believe some people don't think physical attraction is important. It's that some people, myself included, don't require a 9 or a 10 for a mate. As long as the guy has some attractive quality about him, it's all good.

2. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

3. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

Ahhh, Ok.. that makes much more sense.

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Amen ESPECIALLY building with someone and not for someone. So tired of people waiting to be swept off their damn feet. No appreciation for how hard I have to work.

5. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Perfectly reasonable list, especially the part about building with & not for...that carrying somebody shit is not a relationship, it's being used by a selfish jerk & it sucks. I don't agree with your summary though; like Tarshi said, your someone is out there somewhere. :freehug:

Yep. :smt023

6. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

I don't think this is shallow at all...you get to a point in your life where all the bs just has to stop...bottom feeding is not attractive for either sex...everyone deserves to have someone that at least brings something to the table or is their equal...

jaisee...you will find someone...she is looking for you as well...you both are just looking in the wrong place:smt115

7. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

This....
    14733560_201667326942820_2193820422363938816_n.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

I want a tall studly man with a big cock to suck and that can earn his own keep.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Sounds reasonable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. K

K Well-Known Member

I'll take that but add in good stamina, a high level of skills, a bit of a freak, and good to be with.

(I don't even really care so much about the height)

11. Reverie

That goes with out saying.

Thank you. ;)

12. missshyness

missshyness Active Member

Super late to this, this member seems to be gone now, most is reasonable, but one of the list items stood out, and might be a bit unrealistic depending on region. Good luck on that, come out to California, with super high cost of living, where it can be impossible to rent without a roommate, with rents super high, lets see if he can get a place out in Cali all by himself with no roomies, I think it might be a little unfair to rule out a potentially nice girl just because she cannot afford to live by herself, it is not easy. In Cali, most cannot afford a home let alone rent by themselves, it is a whole different world out here.

For most who come to Cali, unless they have deep pockets, and a well established well paying career, be prepared to be poor, and probably homeless, there is plenty of that here as well, and that is not something that should be held against people, nor does it mean they are lazy, plenty work plenty hard; multiple jobs, etc, but cannot make it, through no fault of their own as some would like to believe.

I doubt this poster would be able to get a place out here, especially in San Diego county and rent by himself, no roomies, unless he is fairly well off to start with.

Oh yeah, transportation, well lets see him get that as well, so when he comes right away, lets see if he has about $1,100, (minimum starting price for a tiny one bedroom apartment in possibly a bad neighborhood) to $2,500 a month for rent, cost of a decent USED car (not a piece of crap) $4,000 to $20,000, then tack on insurance, and his bills etc, and see if he can hold the women to these standards in $$$$$$alifornia.

This might not seem like much to some here, but it is when one comes out to California and are faced with these costs right away.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  13. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

But this is more realistic....
    [​IMG]

14. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

NY too but if that's his standards let him have it

15. K

K Well-Known Member

Hmm....I think his post may have struck a nerve for you.

In fairness, Not sure how you got all that out of his post. While he was saying he was done carrying women....he didn't say he expected a long list of things for them to be doing/taking care of. He was simply saying that he was over being expected to pay for a woman's living expenses. He did happen to be one with a well paying career, but that doesn't mean he should be responsible to foot the bill for all parts of a woman's living. If he so chooses to do so, that would be up to him. His standards happen to have changed to where he was interested in women who were able to take care of themselves. Women seem to think that they have the right to only date men who are going to provide financially. Each person has the right to their own standards and parameters that work for them.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Perfect.......no changes needed.

17. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

My idealistic partner

[​IMG]

My realistic partner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. Reverie

@4north1side2
    I actually think the realistic partner was cute, she just need to loose some weight and learn to put makeup on.

19. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Strange how a lot of women don't take economic reality into account when it comes to men. You're supposed to be balling like a Goldman-Sachs banker at all times. Yet when homie says he wants a woman with her own place, out come the excuses :D

20. K

K Well-Known Member

I kinda have a tough time with this stuff. I'm old school for sure. I've been a stay at home mom, and a variety of other things. I work in such a way that I am mostly home with my kids and my ex husband and I set things up to be able to do that. If I'm going to date a man, or get involved, I don't expect him to pay for my or my children's living expenses. I also don't expect to be paying for him or his kids. I have no problem offering to pay if we go out, cook if we don't, etc. I would hope that when you are interested in someone both parties are wanting to do things together and bring the effort forward.

The truth is I tend to date men who make more money than I do....typically much more, especially if we were to compare overall salary given that I work part time. It's not that I go looking for someone who makes much more, it's simply who I meet and interact with. It also has to do with that for right now, while my kids are at a certain point in life, I have made choices to live more simply because my time is primarily focused on them.

Me....I'm not willing to deal with the power trip some people want to throw. So, I need things to be straight in whatever ways they need to be so there aren't any issues about such crap. I've learned the hard way when I haven't done so, rough lessons for sure.

People are very different, and different things are important to different people. I have known some men who could give a rip about a woman making any money because he had more than enough. Maybe there were other things that were more important to him and he valued other things she brought to the relationship more. I know some women who make a lot of money and don't care if the man they are with makes any money. Everyone has their own things that are important to them, often they change along the way too. What was important before I had children was different after. As my children get older things shift too.

As long as it works for them...go for it. I just find it interesting when it gets to be all about how they can't find a good man or a good woman and then you ask what they think they just have to have. Often not consistent at all.