Your girl just moved in with you...

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by 4north1side2, Jan 3, 2017.

1. she should pay half unless she's unemployed.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Right! Lol

To me the boyfriend/girlfriend thing is just high schoolish. Maybe I would see it differently if I was divorced but that's how I've seen it for quite some time now.

I could even be monogomous with someone without putting a label on it. She just couldn't put the usual demands on me that usually comes with a girlfriend. Too grown for that. That's why I usually don't say anything even when there isn't another woman in my life, if she fucks around or I meet someone else....so be it.

3. K

K Well-Known Member

Interesting. So, do you just prefer to keep things detached and not fully commit?

4. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I guess i'd just leave it at... different strokes for different folks.

5. DudeNY12

This is a good point, but I'm not talking about to that level. In my mind if the two split... Both should be able to resume the lifestyle they had before shacking up assuming neither person has suffered a significant financial blow such as losing their job.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

To me a commitment would come with an engagement. Of course there would be some kind of relationship before that, but if things are right it would happen regardless of there being a girlfriend title or not. So if things are right it doesn't have to be spoken, but she is free to do her thang if there is no engagement. I guess I would propose if I ever got to the point that I wanted her and no one else.

I guess you could put it that way "detached and not fully commit," but to me it's not about having multiple partners are not having feelings for anyone. Its about looking at it as an adult, with less drama.

7. Bug

Bug Well-Known Member

Depends on the situation imo, if we are both on the rental agreement/lease then yeah fine I'd pay half, but if I'm expected to pay half yet if we have some disagreement I have less right to stay in the home and I'm out on my backside then no! in fact I wouldn't be agreeing to that in the first place to be fair.
    But equal overall I agree with in principle, but if I could comfortably live in a cheaper rental and someone insisted on living in the more expensive rental, then they can pay the difference. I also would not be sharing the cost of sports channels or personal luxuries. I'm talking rent, council tax, utilities and landline/broadband/fibre as shared cost.

8. K

K Well-Known Member

So I have to wonder....everyone is talking about rents. What about if one, the other, or both own homes??

9. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Then one sells or rents their home and chips in on the other household or just keep things separate if you're apprehensive. If there are a lot of questions you shouldn't do it then.

10. K

K Well-Known Member

LOL yes I understand....it was a question to all those who were saying how they would want things to be. I was just wondering if they would feel differently if they, their s/o, or both of them owned homes.

11. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

If I think enough of a woman to move her in, I'm going to marry her. And, I expect the house to be clean and food cooked regardless of who's make more. I'm not a slob nor do I eat a lot. So, taking care of those things is exceedingly easy. With that said, if I'm making good money, I'll cover everything. She doesn't have to work unless she wants to. That's cool, too.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Yeah, if I ask her to move in there is a good chance I will be asking her to marry me. Earlier I was looking at it as if she made the suggestion on that note it would be as if any other friend made the suggestion. Anyone I allow to move in with me should know I hold them in high regard.

13. DudeNY12

I was using the rent term but it also includes if you own. It's part of why I say a discussion needs to happen. If I'm talking about living with someone... There's alot to be discussed. Are you getting a place together, moving into an existing place, possible property to be sold/rented, apt to be subleased, amounts of the household expenses and so on, and so on. While it can be very simple... I'm sure many cases have a lot that needs to be decided, and of course all of this needs to be done before the moving in together takes place.

14. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Can we please get married? Haha!!

15. beccaomecca

It's only fair to split it 50/50. And if she has an issue grab a tissue.

Btw Who's the new woman Daddy Mack? :p

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lol. I'm not just American but southern, a noteworthy subcategory.

17. K

K Well-Known Member

Even more importantly - old school values and character

18. beccaomecca

^^ exactly!!