Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

A trailer for the comedy-thriller movie "Meet the Blacks" (It's parody movie of "The Purge" movies) starring Mike Epps dropped today. Zulay Henao plays Mike Epps' wife in the movie.

[YOUTUBE]ivqhlpUCnZY[/YOUTUBE]

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I'm just saying that if you're a White male viewing this film, there's probably a race angle to it.

As a BM or WW the film looks like a another take on the theme of cheating, but IMO a White guy is VERY aware that the 'other' dude is a Black man.

If WM weren't the guys I've seen who are most obsessed with the size of BM genitalia, maybe I'd think differently.

Look, having your woman cheat on you is bad enough, but this dude from the previews looks like he was ready to murder both of them.

You don't usually see that kind of reaction from movie characters when confronted with adultery.

So why was the male victim character in this movie so violently angry??

Remember, this is a movie.

If dude caught his girl cheating, at worst I'd expect a fight, with fists.

But no, this cat brings actual heat into the bedroom and is threatening to cap both of them.:smt119

To my eyes, that's some racial stuff going on even if it isn't the entire premise of the movie.

I haven't seen it yet, but that's the vibe I get from the previews.

3. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Dude, it's based off a true story.... People react infidelity all the time, if that wasn't the case, the term crime of passion wouldn't be so popular. Well I'm glad you can admit you haven't seen it because it's nothing like how you think it plays out. You may be very right they may of been the directors intention but I don't think so. I love the diversity of characters in the film even tho it's very small.

It's definitely worth the $4.99 rental.

4. Target 02

Target 02 Active Member

Mike Epps is in that Richard Pryor doc, I don't think it has shot much though. His wife is going to be Kate Hudson.

5. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

:smt015:toimonster:

6. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Saw the screening of Dirty Grandpa starring Robert DiNiro and Zach Efron. There was a scene in the flick of a needlepoint print by Dany Glover of a act you would see in the Locker Room section of this site.

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Is it an overall raunchy comedy?

8. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

Deep In The Darkness

[​IMG]

Stars Sean Patrick Thomas and Kristen Bush.

Low Budget horror movie, nothing scary, basically a B-Movie.

[​IMG]

[YOUTUBE]BxNGPOd3hpM[/YOUTUBE]

9. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

So would you say it's a camoy horror flick? Is it watchable? I can tolerate campy horror movies as long as they are watchable.(not boring)

10. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Yes,DC it is.

11. blackbull1970

blackbull1970 Well-Known Member

Not campy, it's low budget. It's more suspense than horror. Nothing to scare you.

I recorded it a couple of months ago on my DVR and watched it the other day.

I did not expect a IR couple

12. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

I first read about this movie early last year after it had started production and learned about the plot. Then I saw something about it being based on a true story and that's when I got curious. Was it a true story in which a white husband did find his wife cheating with a black man? Or was it a situation in which TPTB engaged in race-blind casting and chose a black actor to play the role of the other guy.

Then I went to the IMDB page and looked for some more info. Couldn't find any but I did see photos of the cast. I already knew who the three primary people were. But then I saw a picture of a pretty black actress and wondered what her part could be. Could she be the girlfriend/wife of the black guy (Brooks). Doubtful. This movie was going to be from the white guy's perspective and not split into different narratives. The description made it clear the action was going to take place almost entirely in this bedroom. So I came to the conclusion that the pretty black woman would be a female whom was attracted to our male lead and perhaps vice versa. That she would represent a faithful woman worthy of the white man;s love rather than that hoe who slept with the Negro. That her presence of being a nice, moral person would take away any possible charge of racism by those who may take issue with the black male being a house wrecker or any charge of racism directed at the main dude who takes a black guy hostage. Finally she would be the "reward" for this poor man's suffering. Whether he walks away without being arrested after this incident and she is there for him or if he has to get some jail time first but she is waiting for him once he gets out anyway. And guess what? After seeing this trailer I see these scenarios being even more likely. No thanks. I'll pass.

It reminds me some ways of the message of Jungle Fever in which the relationship between the black guy and white woman was wrong (and not just because of the affair) while the white guy-black female hookup was good and pure. Please.

13. 4north1side2

Your wrong just about everything. Smh

14. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

It's "you're". SMDH.

15. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

:smt043:smt043:smt043:smt043:smt043

you are

joins together

you're

16. 4north1side2

*shrugs*

17. RestlessRita

RestlessRita Well-Known Member

I remember that well. The husband would hide in the closet and record his wife with other men.

18. LA

LA Well-Known Member

That is disgusting.

19. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I think indie film studios are where most of the ground-breaking cinema is done.

20. RestlessRita

RestlessRita Well-Known Member

:smt033
    I think so, but hey, whatever floats your boat. :cry: