Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I just watched the movie "Sicario" starring Emily Blunt that came out a few months ago. Emily Blunt has a really close platonic relationship with Daniel Kaluuya in the movie. To the point that she's comfortable enough to dress in her bra around him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

So another asexual black bf great

3. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

:smt043 :smt043

4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

True indeed. That flick does not even allow a IR.

5. chamber

chamber Active Member

Daniel Kaluuya is playing Allison Williams fiancé in Jordan Peele horror movie Get Out.

6. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2016
  7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]x3OSi_4Oqvg[/YOUTUBE]

looks okay.

8. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Actually have seen it is pretty good a bit confusing though thats all I will say dont want to spoil it. Based on a true story though I do wonder how many liberties they took like for instance were the real life adulterers an IR pairing, tried to find the story it based on no luck just yet.

A little BTS photo as well
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  9. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

The Girl is in Trouble
    Starring Columbus Short, Wilmer Valderrama, Alicja Bachleda
    [YOUTUBE]89IVBMe74_g[/YOUTUBE]

After sleeping with a mysterious woman, a failed DJ finds evidence of a murder involving a drug dealer and a billionaire's son. Desperate for money, he tries to blackmail the killer, and follows his lover into escalating danger.

10. KWillo

KWillo Active Member

I kinda doubt the real life story had the wife cheating with a Black man.If it were a real story, the woman probably would've screamed "rape" if she was caught "cheating" with a Black dude.It probably could've been the other way around since Hollywood loves to manipulate "true" stories. * sips tea*

11. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remember the strange but true story of Jeff and Kathy Willettes. Kathy was having sex with numerous men(some of which were prominent men) while Jeff was filming on the closet. Jeff was a deputy in the Broward Sheriff's Office before the incident. An erotic cable film based on the Willettes' story was even made(actor Maxwell Caulfield played the cop based on Jeff Willettes). It was a story so scintillating and scandalous it made Kathy a household name and a joke(she brought it on herself).

12. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I was about to complain about once again having to watch a bad indie movie to see IR onscreen, than I just found out this is a Spike Lee-produced movie that was released last April. I can't believe I'm just hearing about this movie right now.

13. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

The only movie I heard about was Chiraq.

14. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

THere's some serious psychological subtexts running though this story line, which is all I'll say about it.

First time I think I've ever heard about a movie that confronted head on one of the big anxieties some WM have about BM; the sexual intimidation and threat BM pose to WM.

15. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I saw an old movie on DVD called Hot Potato, it was made in 1975 and starred Jim Kelly. The film was about Jim and friends attempting a rescue mission to save the daughter of a senator held hostage by a militant. Jim has a fling with an Asian woman in this film.

16. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

looks good.

17. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

what the hell were you watching, none of what you said was in the movie.

Great recommendation OP. I wasn't going to watch it at first because it looked like a cheesy low budget film but it turned out pretty entertaining. The film is kind of silly for the most part but then it gets deep towards the end. My girlfriend enjoyed It as well.

18. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

The subtext is still there, whether or not you as a viewer choose to see it.

Why do you think it was common for BM lynched in the 1800s and 1900s to have their penises cut off and shoved in their mouths???

I'm not saying the husband character ever states any of this, but you see that dynamic IMO because of the movie's casting and the fact that his wife cheated with a BM.

It shouldn't be, but whenever a movie shows a BM and WW sexually intimate, it can be highly controversial and polarizing for mainstream audiences.

Which is why historically you rarely see BM/WW couplings in mainstream movies.

Rarely even a kiss.

19. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

This is a indie movie, plenty of indie movies out there with ww/bm as a couples. The narrative in this film is nothing ground breaking and has been explored already many times over. All the characters in the film could be used interchangeably by other races.

Race was a absolute non factor in the film you are just making it out to be.

20. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

And the fact that independent films are not like Hollywood films also is a plus for stories that featured IR.