Movies with BM/WW Couples

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Kid Rasta, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Everyone was happy at the end. Although the scene where it was revealed that Ming Na Wen's character as Wesley's wife was having an affair with Kyle MacLachlan's character at the funeral gathering of Robert Downey Jr's character(he would work with Wesley again in the film U.S. Marshals). I remember the first time I've ever heard about One Night Stand was on public radio. There was a jazz program called China Gate. The host was China Vallas, a local in south Florida.(I bought a lot of jazz cds because of his show). He played the film score on the air. I had to see that movie because the score was very good.

2. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Spike Lee's joint Jungle Fever was more or less a study of attitudes towards IR. Favorable and and unfavorable. It was said that his father had married a white woman and he wasn't too excited about it. Wesley Snipes and Annabella Sciorra were talking about IR and she sort of expressed an interest in having an IR. Wesley laughed and said something like,"Watch out, Snow White."

3. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Really? I used to think Annabella Sciorra was gorgeous.

4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Yes,Ms.Sciorra is fine.

5. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Derek Luke played Keira Knightley's ex-boyfriend in the 2012 movie "Seeking a Friend for the End of the World":

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

In the sci-fi action thriller movie "The Anomaly" Noel Clarke and the very beautiful Alexis Knapp are a pair/couple.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ColiBreh1

Is this movie any good?

8. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I might also add the film Rachel Getting Married. Probably the most positive and beautiful IR film of this century. Anne Hathaway is in it.

9. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

Was this shown in theatres?

10. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

It was directed by Jonathan Demme, a critically acclaimed, award winning director. I guess Rachel Getting Married was in theaters but probably had a limited release in selected theaters. I think it was an independent film.

11. ColiBreh1

Which actors are involved in the IR in that movie? If it's Anne Hathway, it's a must watch for me.

12. darkcurry

Depends on your interest...
    If you like sci-fi, futuristic action movies with an interesting plot, then yeah.

I personally liked it because it was a fresh new idea to that made it actually work. Noel Clarke (from Doctor Who) is underrated actor and showed off his directing chops in "The Anomaly".

13. darkcurry

No, the IR couple in the film is Rachel and Sidney played by actors Rosemary Dewitt and Tunde Adebimpe.
    [​IMG]

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Anne Hathaway was not involved but the actress playing her sister is. The black man she was marrying was Tunde Adebimpe(who was also in the film Jump Tomorrow, also a good film, also).

15. ColiBreh1

Do y'all know of any or have a list of Romantic Comedy films with a Black Male lead & a White (or at least a Non-black) female lead? It doesn't have to be an American movie. I'll settle for Canadian or British movies.

The only movies I can think of are

1. 2004's "Hitch" with Will Smith & Eva Mendez

2. 2012's "2 Days in New York" with Chris Rock & Julie Delpy.

16. orejon4

I haven't seen 'Focus', but isn't it sort of a bmww movie?

17. ColiBreh1

"Focus" is not a regular RomCom movie. It's more of a Romantic Heist Crime Dramedy movie. If it wasn't obvious before, I'm asking just about regular RomCom films.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  18. orejon4

You're right. Comedy isn't necessarily the primary objective there.

19. Hypestyle

Hypestyle New Member

I just recently saw Secret In Their Eyes. It's a pretty good thriller/mystery film. It stars Julia Roberts, Chiwitel Ejiofor, and Nicole Kidman.

The Ejiofor and Kidman characters have a tenuous, chaste romance that lingers throughout the film. (The racial context is never mentioned)
    mild spoiler,
    They never actually "get together", though.

20. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I've mentioned it on a thread weeks back. It was a disappointing flick.