Young Brother Beaten To Death On Greek Island!!!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by nobledruali, Jul 8, 2017.

1. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

Brass knuckles: Bakari Henderson beaten to death on Greek Island
    By
    Christopher Koulouris

[​IMG]
    Pictured, University of Arizona student, Bakari Henderson who was beaten to death on the Greek island of Zakynthos.
    Bakari Henderson a University of Arizona student is beaten to death on the Greek island of Zakynthos, early Friday morning by a gang of ten men.
    Bakari Henderson a 22 year old American student has died after incurring a savage beating at the hands of ten individuals while holidaying on the Greek island ofZakinthos.

The man’s death came in the early morning hours of Friday after being battered by a group of men, some of whom had used brass knuckled to pummel his head reportedlocal Greek media.

The fight was instigated after Henderson allegedly got into a minor argument with a security guard inside a bar, only for the snafus to quickly escalate as the student was chased outside.

In the hours after Bakari’s death, Greek authorities arrested two individuals toldLaganas police on the Greek island.

Booked on murder charges was a 32 year old British security guard of Serbian origin and a Greek barman, 34.

Eight other people who allegedly took part in the beating are also being questioned.

[​IMG]
    Pictured, University of Arizona student, Bakari Henderson who was beaten to death on the Greek island of Zakynthos.
    Henderson was from Austin, Texas, and was studying at the University of Arizonawhere he was taking business finance and entrepreneurship noted the dailymail.

Wrote the student on his Facebook page recently: ‘Great weekend (with) the homies’.

Police are investigating whether race played any part in the attack on Henderson, who is black.

According to the Greek Security Division, the incident began at 3.15am Friday when Henderson had a minor altercation with the security guard at a sports bar called Bar Code.

The security guard and the barman are said to have chased Henderson out of the bar and began to beat him. Eight others are alleged to have joined in the assault.

The Greek Security Division said that Henderson was taken to the hospital but he was dead on arrival due to his severe head injuries.

His body was taken to the Patras coroner for further examination but the most likely cause of death is the blows to the head.

[​IMG]
    Henderson’s family have been notified of their son’s death.

The State Department released the following statement about Henderson’s death:

‘Greek police in Zakynthos notified the U.S. Embassy of the death of a U.S. citizen in the early morning hours of Friday, July 7. We are in communication with authorities and providing consular assistance to the deceased citizen’s family. We offer our sincerest condolences to family and friends, and out of respect for the family during this difficult time, we have no further comment.’

Zakynthos is popular with tourists who are drawn by its stunning beaches and wild nightlife.

That said, the island has had its share of dark history, including a 2011 incident which saw a 19-year-old British tourist, Robert Sebbage, beaten to death by two Greek taxi drivers.

[​IMG]
    Pictured the town of Laganas where Bakari Henderson was beaten to death.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

What the hell runs in the head of people that are capable of committing crimes like this? My prayers and sympathy goes to his family. <3

3. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Feel so sorry for his parents. And of course the victim.

Americans need to handle themselves a certain kind of way when they travel abroad especially when they go to clubs.
    Some foreign men hate seeing Americans with their women, and for him to Black on top of that is too much for some folks.

Greece particularly is becoming more right wing extremist the last few years with a hatred for non-White foreigners and immigration.
    I wonder if we'll learn what the argument was about and why this dude was kicked out of the club???

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

ABC News clip:

Local Austin ABC affiliate news clip:

5. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah Greece has gotten to shit recently.

6. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

It is sad indeed. Hope this goes viral as a warning for Blacks not to set foot on Greek soil.

7. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

8. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

He wasn't killed by locals, he was killed by Serbia tourists.

9. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Real talk....the place is imploding.

10. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

According to whom?? Greek authorities who still haven't caught all the men responsible??
    Or did the U.S. ambassador to Greece confirm this??

This young man's murder at a Greek tourist location is a huge shame and embarrassment for Greece which depends heavily on foreign tourist dollars to support their weak economy.
    It's unlikely 10 Serbians randomly attacked this kid, but no Greeks were involved.

You're only reading the official 'spin' put out about this kid's murder so they don't scare off American tourists from visiting.
    I bet this dude was one of the few Black Americans at the bar where he was chased from.

11. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

Sad. Very sad :(

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I want to hear what his friends that were there have to say. What were they doing while he was being attacked?

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I would rather go there than Mexico.

14. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Is it safe to say that argument/fight started because dudes were jealous females were choosing up on him? This is what I assumed happened.

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

This is what i think happened which could pretty much happen anywhere. The race componet probably just added to the jealousy.

I would still visit that place if two real friends rolled with me. I'll go almost anywhere but Mexico.

16. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think in most cases... The other dudes would just say it is what it is (the girl choosing to get a pic with him). I'd bet some $$$ that his skin color likely was a factor

17. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

That stupid. By your logic, we shouldn't travel anywhere blacks have been treated like shit. Exercise caution? Yes. Not go somewhere? No. This isn't North Korea.

18. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

You're right....but at the same time....we can't pretend everything is A-OK and continue to support countries that allow this.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

It depends. I'll just say this.......I fought plenty of jealous black dudes when I was still smashing bw. At the time I wasn't too much younger than this guy.

20. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Oh OK. I did see some black dudes being haters in those situations, but usually they went on their way.