Woman who accused Emmett Till of 'whistling' at her admits that she lied.

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Frederick, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

http://www.ibtimes.com/emmett-till-...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Here's a link to the vanity fair article.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...e-woman-at-the-center-of-the-emmett-till-case

ETA Just ran across this. Here's an editorial that ran in a Mississippi paper five days after Till was lynched saying that the real problem at the time was black crime in Chicago. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Fuck. Shit like this......!!!

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Didn't practically all of them lie when it came to Black males back then? It doesn't surprise me that she lied.
    I wonder why he wait 10 years to expose her. What if Emmit had relatives who may have passed since 2007 that would have psychologically benefited from knowing the absolute truth.
    That poor boy must have been beyond terrified not even knowing what he had done wrong.
    They really need to alter the history books. He was plain murdered for doing nothing.

4. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Her "coming clean" does nothing for me. I am fucking disgusted.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

In the grand scheme of things what would that accomplish, especially when the same level of ignorance and hate is still present in American society?

6. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Whether this bitch 'came clean' or not, Emmett Till was ALWAYS murdered for nothing.

Originally Till's alleged crime was whistling at a WW, right? It was murder before. He was still murdered.

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

And what do we learn? Stay out of the South. Let them have the back waters of Mississippi we lose nothing

8. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

You do realize that most blacks in the U.S. are in the south right?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  9. The Dark King

Is that true we aren't all in urban areas. The president lied to us? Lol

10. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

Below is the bitch, second from left at the trial. Having a party of it.

[​IMG]

Before we say "that was a different time", it's important to remember that even today if you want to put a black person in danger of being killed, all you have to do is call the police and say the right words.

Just tell them that black person has a gun ... Decent chance that black person is killed and the killer will walk free.

Tamir Rice (12 years old) was killed -- no questions asked -- for holding a toy gun in the "open carry" state of ohio. Police were cleared.

John Crawford was killed for holding a BB in the BB gun sales section of Walmart, in the "open carry" state of ohio. Police were cleared.

Philando Castillo was killed for informing police officers that he had a concealed carry permit. Concealed carry = protection against mob violence.

Just sayin...

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

They need to prosecute her old ass.

12. The Dark King

They still prosecute old Nazis as war criminals

13. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

Racist bitch!!!!

14. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I recall the program 48 Hours on CBS, the late Harold Dow had the chance to go to that woman's home to interview her about the events leading up to the murder of Emmett Till. Her grandson stopped Dow and the camera crew. Stating that she didn't want to talk to anyone about it and that he was going to call the police because Dow was trespassing. Dow didn't get the interview but it told me that she probably knew more than she let on.

15. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

On 60 Minutes the late Ed Bradley did a report about Emmitt Till as well. Ms.Bryant did not answer him either.

16. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I guess she refused to talk to black interviewers because she probably had a guilty conscience.

17. Soulthinker

John Edgar Widman wrote a book about Emmett Till's father Louis who was hanged in Europe. It is called Writing to Save A Life.

18. Soulthinker

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

That's just awful. I'm afraid to research the details. What horror was bestowed upon that family.

20. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I remember Connie Chung( I think) did an interview with one of the men suspected in the bombing of a church in Birmingham,Alabama that took the lives of three young girls. The man tried to remain stoic but he was losing his starch. He claimed that he had nothing to do with the bombing but his demeanor and body language said otherwise. Back in those days, the city of Birmingham was called Boomingham among racist white men.