will this last?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by BelleNC, Mar 18, 2017.

1. BelleNC

BelleNC New Member

I am 33, divorced with 2 kids. My BF is 23. We have been dating for almost 3 months and used to work together. My children are white.

So, we have to deal with
    - interracial relationship in the VERY rural south.

-10 year age difference

-2 kids.

I don't know if my children will hear racist crap. I can handle it. But do you think they will deal with it?

Any advice?

2. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

The best advice I ca give is to just ignore them. Only you & himcan make it last, Don't let the negative people ruined it

3. K

K Well-Known Member

Ok my first question would be - why would you bring any guy around your kids who you've only dated for "almost 3 months"? Then I would go for the age situation. Not necessarily the age difference, but you are talking about a 23 year old. How old are your kids? How long have you been divorced? Have they dealt with you dating anyone thus far?

I'd seriously slow your roll on this one.

4. BelleNC

BelleNC New Member

My kids haven't met anyone I've dated. I dated 2 guys before this, 5 and 6 months long. I wouldn't do that for a while, that isn't the issue. We have been apart for over 2 years.

He is mature, but it is a concern for me. I was 19 when married, to an older man, and that caused some daddy type relationship isssues.

5. K

K Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about this guy at this point. Sounds like it would be a good idea for you to take some time to just be you and the kids. Maybe date but don't be thinking in terms of a relationship (especially with a 23 year old).

You've "been apart" for over 2 years but about a year of that you were with other guys. Focus on yourself and your kids rather than worrying about getting involved with someone right now. If you want to date, play, etc then do so. But be very real with yourself about your kids. They need to come first.

I'm sorry, but I don't think any 23 year old, no matter how mature, is ready for a ltr relationship with a 33 year old who has 2 kids.

I'm going to be very real with you here....that you are talking about dating a 23 year old for "almost 3 months" and questioning things about IR etc. indicates to me that you really need to take a step back and get a reality check for yourself. Think about this...you are doing something where you felt the need to seek out advice on an online source from people you don't know. I think those are all clear indicators that you are not on a good path right now and need to take a step away and reassess things.

Seriously, the concern here isn't about it being an IR situation. That's pretty low down on the list of this situation IMO.

6. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

*Facepalm*

7. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

You'll be fine, people gonna say what they they want to say.

8. Does he live with u ?

Why would ur kids get racist crap ? I mean they are are white ?

What do you look like ? I mean if your hot, that will increase the chances of him staying with you (just being honest), if your not hot, then it decreases

9. K

K Well-Known Member

please explain the bolded

10. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Wow why would a young dude sign up for all that baggage. The sex must be stellar

11. MightyLighty

^"The Allure of Snow Bunnies" by Ricardo "Mad Bus Driver" Cooper is the perfect name for your next book!

12. RicardoCooper

And "How I Pretended To Be A Black Guy On An Interracial Website For Black Men & White Women" by Faith "MightyLighty" Jones is the perfect name for YOUR next book!

I got dick riders galore wtf

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. MightyLighty

^It was supposed be a compliment, I wasn't mocking you.

14. RicardoCooper

Don't address me anymore then there will be no confusion