Why So Few Communicate Here

Discussion in 'General Site Information - Guidelines' started by Blacktiger2005, May 2, 2013.

1. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

Webmaster, I'm in a communications and information science class right now. I'm curious. Why are there so few people communicate here if you have such a large membership? It appears the same tiny voices seem to dominant here. Have you done any matrix or statistical study as to why this is the case? Does this factor influence your memmbership? What does it do to influence the political orientation of your site? Have you done a comparative study with other sites? What personality driven traits have you uncovered that dominate or submit others to their way of thinking and influence? What behavorial studies do you and other site creators look for in the population?

2. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

I know this is directed to Webbie, but Imma throw my 2 cents in.

In short, the climate here is often not conducive to friendly communication.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Blacktiger, I don't think it's that serious, lol...at least not to Webbie. Maybe if it was a paying site....
    but at this juncture, it's more of a set-it-and-forget-it...and if (when) the Forum overcooks, he hears the alarm and re-sets it. :)

4. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

The personals section is paid though, right? Doesn't seem like many posters utilize the personals or vice versa.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Yes it is, which actually bodes to my point. It would better serve him to focus any analysis on his paying customers, no? Particularity if there is little crossover.

6. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Blacktiger it is the same in most of the European groups in Black Planet. They want membership but,would not communicate.

7. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

No disrespect to webbie, but the personals suck. I think a personals makeover could do wonders for this site.

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

you don't seem to have a problem nucca lol

I do agree a new format would help especially seeing how many ww out there really do like bm on other sites

9. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

I turned a new leaf.

10. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Black chicks? Cause sure didn't have problem snagging the Caucasians around this joint lol

11. wtarshi

wtarshi Well-Known Member

Fig leaf like Adam?

12. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

I do have a couple of black chicks on my radar.

I've never been closed to dating black (or any other) women though.

13. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

I don't even need the whole leaf.

But you know that.,. you saw the pictures.

14. wtarshi

You must of photoshopped those pics because I would have said you'd need two leaves

15. Ches

Ches Well-Known Member

:smt107

16. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

Camera angles...

17. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

We aren't on too often because if we do that, we're accused of having no life and spending all day on here.

So really it's no big deal BlackTiger.

18. webmaster

webmaster Administrator Staff Member

I think participation in the forum comes and goes but most are lurkers who sign up accounts to be able to read the restricted areas.

Every day I approve around 10 new signups in the forums and about 5 new ads in the personals. There are around 100 new signups in the forum each day but most are spam accounts, which are blocked.

Site currently averages about 700 unique visitors per day. Most are browsing the personal ads.

19. webmaster

webmaster Administrator Staff Member

True. The homepage as well.

I purchased the following software. But they have to be modified to work with the other pieces as well as the merchant account:

http://www.amember.com
    http://www.datemill.com
    http://www.invisionpower.com

The adult section will be split off into a separate site.

20. wtarshi

Or you could post a pic of you in the Di leaf and see how that goes