Why Rates Of Colorectal Cancer Are Rising In Young People

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness and Fashion' started by Loki, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

2. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

3. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

I'll be praying for you man

4. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Stay positive, Loki.

Colorectal cancer from what I've read is one of the most treatable forms of cancer when it's caught in time.

Even if they found that you did have it, it's unlikely you would die from it. So go for your checkup.
    (Here's hoping you don't have any even benign polyps.:D)

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Always my dude. You re one of the greats the movement needs you

6. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Prayers are with you my friend. You'll do great and I wish you nothing but a clean bill of colon health!

GI is one of many specialties I've covered in my years and I swear people were more fearful of the prep than the results! Good luck sir. I'll be thinking of you come Friday

7. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I'm with you, and you have my prayers. I have to do the same at my upcoming annual physical. Of course I have some uneasiness about it, but I'm just hoping for the best, and I wish the same for you as well.

8. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Just got back, still a little groggy from anesthesia. Full clean bill of health thank goodness. They did find 3 polyps, 2 small one a little bigger but all benign. Found an old sports hernia that is easily fixed but that's it. Have to go back in three years instead of five due to family history of colon cancer, but for now I'm very relieved. Much thanks to all for kind words and prayers.

9. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I've heard some horror stories about colonoscopies. Hopefully they were exaggerated. Good to hear of your favorable results.

Curious as to if you had any symptoms of that hernia? Perhaps they were to mild to notice or be concerned with at the time?

10. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Raider was right, the prep was the worst part of the whole deal. Nasty tasting medicine you take the day before to clear you out has you running to the bathroom every 5 mins for a couple of hours, and no solid foods the day before, got tired of tea and jello. The procedure itself took about 30 mins under anesthesia, not too bad waking up from it. Doc figures the hernia went back to my ball playing days, very mild with no real discomfort.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List