White women that love black men, but are not "woke"

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by GAmomlisa, Jul 23, 2017.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I can't respond to everyone so ill just put this here. You guys sound like a bunch of assholes right now. Fighting to make things better is not complaining. Was it complaining to fight for civil rights after slavery during the Jim crow era? Hey anything is better than slavery right? So keep your mouth shut and be happy you're not in chains.
    I too come from immigrant parents and spent time in a third world country and yes its better here than over there but if my basement is flooded do I look to the house that's on fire down the street and think well hey it could be worst. That sounds ridiculous.
    And if it weren't people constantly "complaining" there wouldn't be all these opportunities you love so much.
    If the topic were rape or child molestation no one would dare fix their mouth to say well hey at least it's not the middle east or Nigeria where those things go unchecked. So why play that game with racial fairness for the black people who have fought so hard to make things better.

2. Deztiny26

Deztiny26 Member

Ooo yes us Africans generally speaking are not compulsive people .. We have experienced so much adversity where we come from, that just making it out of that, to somewhere better is just a blessing in itself ... Now as for oyinbo women expecting more then the average Nigerian, I myself do expect more then the typical white girl so its all fair game ;)

I could care less about none of that you are saying ... You can cry all day about "Im a black man born in America why me" as much as you want, but I refuse to be a loser because I will continue persevere no matter WHAT challenges life presents in front of me. Period

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  3. Deztiny26

Deztiny26 Member

Glad you understand ... Where are you from exactly?

4. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I'm right there with you TDK! I get that many have it worse than blacks in America, but does that mean we need to feel good about the situation here? I'll also be the first to admit that we collectively need to do better, but I won't be naive enough to believe that we're not justified in speaking out. Obviously, other minorities have some hardships in America, but to bring up Asians is somewhat laughable to me. No doubt latinos have it tough, but many also have been able to blend into white America. Also, many of them wouldn't take this guys views.

I fully appreciate all we do have, especially as a result of MLK, and so on. However, I refuse to act like things are great and just keep my mouth closed. Shit continues to f*cked up here for blacks, and if dude refuses to see that then I guess that's his perogative. I have a great life, and coming from poor parents and growing up in the south Bronx... I think my brother and I did well for ourselves, but we certainly won't delude ourselves into thinking blacks (actually all minorities) should be complacent with the way we're treated.

I'm right there with you, sir, and I totally get what you're probably feeling as I am, too

5. The Dark King

You're from southern NY too? Knew there was something I liked about you lol

Well I will say this black people whether you're a black Asian Afro Latino continental African Caribbean or African American have it incredibly hard all over the world and none of us gain a damn thing putting down those who actively try to make it better. What's the solution? Shut up and suffer?

6. The Dark King

Yet your family came here to persevere. If circumstances dont matter why arent you in Nigeria thriving over there? The same reason my ass ain't in Jamaica. Its better and easier here and its because there are people who never stop fighting for your right to be smug and elitist

7. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

Yup! Born and raised in the Bronx, went to NYC public schools, and college in the CUNY system.

Exactly, and that's just not an option.

8. Deztiny26

Deztiny26 Member

We can agree to disagree .. It doesnt bother me either way

9. The Dark King

Then why respond? Shouldn't you be out there over coming while the rest of us complain.
    You seriously remind me of recent immigrants of color who have their noses in the air looking down at American blacks forgetting that if those lazy complainers weren't constantly fighting constantly protesting and paving the way for you to have opportunities you'd be in a country with a tenth of what you have here.
    So disrespectful

10. The Dark King

Oh that's dope always wished I'd done cuny way cheaper. You don't realize until you're much older depending on the profession most employers only care that you did well and after your first year of working it barely matters at all.

11. Deztiny26

Deztiny26 Member

Never said all of that ... Relax

12. The Dark King

When you say dumb shit like African Americans complain too much that there's enough opportunity to take advantage of and then do the bs model minority trope of saying why they can't do as well as people just coming here that's exactly what you're saying and you need to be called out on it

13. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

I don’t know if that asshole comment included me or not, if so I am not happy about it.
    1) I fully understand the gravity of African American history. And if I were raising my sons in America I’d be very concerned about some things.
    2) The whole “I’m a victim not a victor” thing is something you hear in churches and read on bumper sticker in Nigeria all day long. That’s why I said he sounds like a typical Nigerian. The rest of what I said was just description of what I actually experienced and heard. I think you understand the immigrant spirit very well. The whole “failing isn’t an option, my children are gonna be either doctors or lawyers “ kind of attitude.
    3) It’s wise for immigrants of colour to respect and realise that their opportunities come from someone else’s suffering.
    4) I do however also believe that all of us in the Western world (that includes African Americans and white Americans and Europeans) can learn some things from their attitude and their ability to make it in the face of adversity. Sometimes we have this tendency to blow things out of proportion or complain where we shouldn’t be complaining. For instance my husband went through some unimaginable things just to get an education meanwhile kids over here behave like sending them to school is the worst punishment ever.

14. The Dark King

The victor not victim thing is parroted by people like Candace Owens and Kanye West who believe systematic oppression is a choice not something thrusted upon the oppressed.
    Secondly as a child of immigrant I've always respected the way my parents hustled but I can also recognize they never had to live through a lot of the trauma others in this country go through that we overlook either because we normalize it or ignore it. Constantly being treated differently while watching the state over police and gruesomely sentence loved ones for something as simple as drug possession will take its toll. Also a lot of immigrants don't come here being wary of oppression because its not always in your face. Instead of dogs and a cross burning on your front lawn its subprime mortgage loans that constrain your resources and having to work two jobs while your kids go unsupervised and ridiculous rules that keep fathers out of the home via ridiculous over policing. For some people if its not blatantly obvious they simply cant see it.
    Lastly African Americans do not lack drive they lack a fairly implemented system that doesn't constantly constrain them while criticizing them for not showing gumption. Like MLK said its incredibly cruel to ask a man to pull himself up by the bootstraps when he has no boots or the very system finds subtle ways to take those boots.
    No group of people in the western world have mastered overcoming adversity more so than black Americans. The very obstruction of advancement of them has been codified as recent as 40 years ago and continuously implemented via media and policing. Anti blackness is the immigrant passport to acceptance in this country. If you don't see that you arent paying attention.

• Like Like x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  15. missshyness

missshyness Active Member

uh, yeah, i hope i was not included in the whole asshole comment either, i see both sides of this, and nobody should dismiss anybody’s peoples feelings and collective history and experience of oppression, no matter what level it is.

i am trying to take this in and see some interesting points from both sides.

yes, people from poorer nations have endured incredible struggle and odds, and this should be seen and respected, but that does not mean that things are perfect here in the first world, and much work needs to be done to make things better.

people from so called developing nations have struggled, and show determination to succeed, and so have people in this discussion; African Americans in the US, it may be done by different means, but at the end of the day we all want the same things.

we are all human and want the best in life for ourselves and our families, no matter where we are from.

i hope this makes sense.

16. missshyness

missshyness Active Member

i am from the United States.

17. Deztiny26

Deztiny26 Member

Called me out on what? Having a different opinion then urs? Lol how old are you? If deciding to not complain all day about my circumstances, and instead using that adversity as motivation to overcome my circumstances is a big problem then so be it ... Not every black man has to agree with each other stop crying on the internet because the next person doesnt hold the same opinion as yours

18. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

“We shall have no better conditions in the future if we are satisfied with all those which we have at present.”– Thomas Edison

Why is it when black folks stand up and speak out the reaction is more times than not to shut up stop complaining. You want to know the reason that there is so much speaking it is because history has shown us that when we sit down keep our heads down keep quiet things dont change for us hell they might get worse. During slavery people would have said hell what are slaves complaining about they get food, shelter, cloths on their backs, they could be back in the savage land of Africa. When slavery ended, they would say our what are they complaining about now they aint slaves no more they got their damn freedom.

We kept our heads down worked hard stayed quiet and what happened jim crow laws, Black codes, poll taxes, literacy tests, public lynching, police brutality. We carved out successful little places for ourselves and things like Rosewood and Black Wall Street happened. Yeah staying quiet has not worked out so well for us, so history tells us if we had better speak up. It's not complaining if there it merit to it.

The thing is yeah we as people have to choose our battles better though let the small stuff go, we don't have to take on every single battle but we should never stop fighting them. The second we do we risk losing all the stuff we have gained. If you dont believe that look at all the recent legislation that have been passed in regards to voting rights, the thing that many black folks some many still living gave their blood and sweat to achieve essentially gutted.

19. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

As for my part I never suggested people should “keep quiet” in the face of injustice.

20. The Dark King

And of course you see it as crying victor. When an opinion is factually wrong and disrespectful why get butt hurt when someone calls you out on it. Again why are you wasting time on here Vic. Keep overcoming.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List