White women that love black men, but are not "woke"

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by GAmomlisa, Jul 23, 2017.

1. GAmomlisa

GAmomlisa Well-Known Member

I love this post! I think some white women probably imbibe ideas of white male supremacy without realizing that these are also destructive to us as well! I think being a "woke" ww has to be about not simply opposing abuses against PoC and women, but actively attacking the white MAN's hold on power and privilege in our society!

2. missshyness

missshyness Active Member

Thank you, that is a nice refreshing perspective, and appreciate the honesty, I hope I did not come off as accusing you, did not mean that, was just venting a little frustration with some guys. I also appreciate that you seem to get all that I was talking about and not dismiss my viewpoint, a nice change from what I often get.

I guess to be honest some of this came from my own not so nice personal experience with a guy I liked, and he did not seem to reciprocate, I am more of a low key girl, not load, flirty, or dress very reveling, but not a religious fanatic either, but it has sometimes felt like I get overlooked because of it. One time in a crowded room, he pushed right by me, as though I was not there to go talk to and flirt with a loader girl who did show more skin than I, and even thought he did not owe me anything, at the same time it hurt. If anybody can relate, it sucks when the one you like obviously does not like you back, as childish as it sounds.

I don't think there is anything seriously wrong with being drawn in by a pretty face and body, but just take a little time, get to know each other, and both guy and girl might just be happier for it. And for society to to give more respect and attention love to those girls that do not fit mainstream beauty and Hollywood standards, we all need a little love, even the less flashy ones.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  3. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Date? No
    Fuck? Yeah, I don't care about her mind if it's just a fuck.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. missshyness

Well, thats simple honesty, broken down into a sentence or two. Kind of says it all.

5. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

To me that's a person who likes what they like (in this case BM), and refuse to be bothered with the issues faced by BM. I'd say this person is either incredibly shallow, narrowly focused and so on. It would be hard for me to be involved (or even friends) with such a person as I'd feel like she's totally clueless about things that are important to me. I'd have a hard time with it as I just don't see how any reasonably intelligent person could be this way without being narrowly focused and so on.

Glad you mentioned the Trump voter as I actually have a story. There's a WW at my job whom I approached about 4 years ago. She's a very nice young lady and although I clearly lean liberal... She leans conservative. Being conservative is not an automatic deal breaker for me, but I am very cautious there as the potential for conflict looms even larger. Anyways, this young lady is interesting in that I don't feel like she's the least bit racist, but she refuses to consider other perspectives outisde of her own views. She works hard, but many of her comments are along the lines of typical right-wingers in that anyone needing any type of financial assistance from unemployment, public assistance/SNAP/WIC to SSI disability needs to get a job, lazy, looking for a handout etc. She now has a b/f (a BM), but for some reason she always seems to be keeping the door open should I decide to walk through. Fast-foward to the day after Election Day '16.... Like many I was beside myself with all sorts of emotions, and I posted something on FB. She PM'ed me to say that I really should try to be positive. My opinion of her went way down that day because one thing that I put out there was that the target on the backs of minorities (well... pretty much anyone who's not an American WASP male) had just gotten much larger with an openly racist president-elect, and just as narrow minded vice president-elect.

In regards to you BLM supporter comment... I have to say that I'm so appreciative of WW (and other non-blacks) of this mindset. I think it's clear that racism is totally alive and well in America, and of course 45 has made it cool again. So it really warms my heart to know of people such as yourself. Others are here at WWBM, and I wish I could hug you all.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  6. Mrmike757

Mrmike757 Well-Known Member

Your Avi is making me hungry. Also what is load?

Yes I've been the unchosen one plenty of times lol. Sucks when it happens but always have to bounce back. Was this a BM that did this? Just curious.

7. GAmomlisa

That is a very interesting anecdote! I find it interesting that someone who could be so close to BM and be dating a BM would not see the threat they feel under a pres Trump. Do you know if perhaps she is new to being with MoC, or if that is her dating preference?

8. DudeNY12

I'm not sure, but I suspect that in the time I've known her that she only dates BM. On FB all pics where she's couple up are with BM, and those who are white appear to be her relatives. I don't get her the BM who date her are able to get by her views. She definitely comes across as the person who believes that it's a true level playing field for all. Last time I saw her she ranting about how California is a silly state and so on.

9. missshyness

Oops, ha, load, I meant loud, as in a big voice.

Yes, it was a black guy that did this. It was a little hard too because as in my screen name, I am fairly shy, so it is not easy for me to approach anybody and I normally do not, so what is no big deal to most is more to me, also, as a result I have not known many guys much. Do you bounce back easily? How do you?

10. GAmomlisa

That is a shame that she can be so blind to the hardships of the men she is supposed to care about :( Hopefully she is still young and may learn some things that change her world view. I can pretty much guarantee that if she continues to date black men, she will have an experience that will open her eyes!

11. Mrmike757

Interesting. I grew up shy and quiet, but for the most part grew out of it. I was once an introvert, but I think college along with moving to different cities on my own pushed me out of my comfort zone. However rejection is still a big deal to me. Some days I shrug it off, other days it's like a rock in my shoe. I guess it's all in the interaction but when I bounce back it's usually from the people I know very well.

I always have and still work at this. We're all imperfect beings and I'll admit I've hurt some feelings myself, I think when the shoe was on the other foot was when I had a moment of clarity and it sorta helped me understand rejection better and why it's needed. Keep in mind I'm not accusing you of having these issues please lol. Just sort of sharing mine. In fact, a girl that I friend zoned is now one of my best friends, and she was damn near infatuated with lil o me lol. We talked and I respected the fact she had the guts to approach her crush who I was at the time, and ask me out. Now we've been beat friends for 12 years, and we laugh about it.

12. missshyness

Yeah getting out of a comfort zone can be hard, I have realized too, it is not just the rejection that hurts so much as how it is delivered, to me that can make a big difference. I also had posed about this in a another forum and some of the women posters there basically accused me of being a dirty old women harassing a poor college boy, that was almost as bad as the rejection, when others try to tell you you are no good somehow or wrong for feeling the way you do.

If the person doing any rejecting is not sensitive about it it can be that much worse, even though they do not owe anything, if that makes sense.

Not sure if I could continue on being friends or close or friednzoned with someone after they rejected me while I wait on infatuated, to me might not be the most healthy, and might be best to try to move on. Hanging around in the friend zone seems to keep one from moving foreward, but that is just me, maybe sour grapes.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  13. Mrmike757

I hear you on that. No need to out right make a person feel bad or disrespect them. I don't know you, but you seem like a nice person.

As far as my friend, we did kinda fool around at first but she was a virgin and I was technically out there doing my thing. I didn't want to hurt her, so the friendship sort of grown from there. She was a total good girl and I wasn't that patient lol.

14. DudeNY12

Exactly! I don't get it either. Yes, you'd think that maybe she's young, right? Sadly, this person is in her late 40s. I've been curious about her mindset, and that of the men she dates, but not curious enough to ask. That was a huge factor in me deciding that we'd never be more than casual acquaintances at work. Anyways... I won't dwell on that:).

15. hellified

hellified Active Member

to that I say this....did donald j trump himself give obama a chance to lead??

trump held rallies and publicly disparaged the first black man to be president even saying his election was a fraud because the man wasn't an american citizen (yes hillary's camp may have tried to float that during the throes of the campaign season but trump took the lead on that AFTER Obama was duly legally elected) and never apologized.

Do you know what that looks like to see an old white man saying the black man sitting in the oval office ISN'T legitimate until he says he is...that smacks of "show me your freedom papers nigger and I'll determine if its legit"

No I do not have to give donald trump a chance to lead...fuck him now and fuck him forever. I'll give him about as much chance as he gave Obama.

16. Othello1967

Othello1967 Active Member

Totally agree

17. Since1980

Since1980 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

18. redlolly

redlolly Well-Known Member

These are entirely separate things IMO.
    I care about social injustice and a whole range of other issues besides, but they're nothing to do with partner choice.
    I choose to date black men because I'm attracted to black men, end of story.
    For any relationship to work it stands to reason there will likely be some common ground. Shared views/interests, likes/dislikes etc. but they have nothing to do with race or skin colour necessarily. I would not date someone who was strongly pro-life or pro-religion (for example), because those views are very opposed to my own and would likely cause problems for the relationship at some point.

19. medullaslashin

medullaslashin Well-Known Member

I like women with a decent sense of fairness and empathy. She doesn't have to be an SJW, but if she can't see why black people would be upset over the trayvon martin affair for example, I can't deal with her.

20. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

• This site is for the enjoyment of white women and black men who are interested in one another. This site is pro-interracial dating/relationships -- specifically between white women and black men. Individuals with an alternate agenda will be banned and their posts may be removed.