Where have you traveled?Which languages do you speak?...

Discussion in 'The International Perspective' started by Be-you-tiful86, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Paella

Paella New Member

Although I do know about the rappers you mention, as well as one hell of a singer who's actually from Mallorca, where I live, check her out and tell me if you like her:

[YOUTUBE]DEo1d1vAytI[/YOUTUBE]

I don't personally know any Guineans, although I do know there are many, as you say, due to the old Spanish colony.

2. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Wao!

I can't believe this! It's incredible. Soul...aflamenca'o. Great music. I would love to put some of this on one of my podcasts. Where did you hear about her? Have you ever seen her in concert? I love flamenco and fusion too, so this is perfect. I got to see Ojos del Brujo when they came to the states and have been hooked since. Thanks for telling me about her! Got any more surprises?

3. Paella

Paella New Member

Oh yes!! She was born here, where I live, Palma de Mallorca. Just recently recorded "El Ășltimo trago" with world famous Cuban jazz musician Chucho ValdĂ©s:

[YOUTUBE]2_AyrNsHdUw[/YOUTUBE]

NOW, if you like flamenco fussion... check this guy, if you don't know him already, PITINGO:

[YOUTUBE]Gwmj5nK3udU[/YOUTUBE]

4. orejon4

Cool! I've seen Chucho live once, and I love his father's album with El Cigala. Thanks for the tips! Love to talk to people with great taste in music.

5. Paella

Paella New Member

Thanks!! :smt058

I don't want to take more space wth youtube videos, but just a last tip. Check this guy out: TONY ZENET.

6. orejon4

Will do! How did you find out about these artists? Are they really popular, or do you have really good taste? :p I haven't been to Spain in awhile...what's the interracial dating scene like these days? Is it still as open as I remember (I'm not talking about Andalusia now...LOL)? Where do you meet people?

7. Paella

Paella New Member

No, orejon, they're not tat popular as in mass audience, but I did found out about them when they've been talked about for the first time and then I followed up and came, not to like them, but to really, really enjoy them all!!

Regarding you question, this is what I've answered already to someone who asked me when I joined the forum:

http://www.whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/showpost.php?p=352272&postcount=16

(another tip, I promise is the last one... at least for today as I'm off to bed right now: check CHAMBAO)

8. orejon4

Buenas noches gallega/catalana...o sea, just Paella. LOL - good night! Talk to you soon.

9. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

i took alot of pics while in china, i have to figure out how to load them here.

china was an amazing country, i loved the southeast--Bejing and below

hope to go back East to phucket Thailand, to India, and to Vietnam and Cambodia and back to more china

10. tuckerreed

tuckerreed New Member

i love making Paella Valenciana

11. LA

LA Well-Known Member

Eyez speek Ebawnekz!!

12. orejon4

LOL!!!!!

13. AnMDBCartoon

AnMDBCartoon New Member

To date:

9 foreign countries

Sweden (Gavle, Stockholm & Halsingborg)

Canada (Montreal, halifax, Ottawa, London & Toronto)

Finland (Vihti)

Australia (Brisbane)

Holland (Rotterdam & Amsterdam)

Ireland (Dublin)

Denmark (Odense & Copenhagen)

England (London)

Iceland (Reykjavik)

With Estonia to follow in 2011 (I hope..)

And I speak English, of course...with some knowledge of French & Swedish.

OpinionsCartoonStudios@Yahoo.Co.UK

14. Paella

Paella New Member

:p nice, isn't it?

15. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

My wife is also from Northern Ontario (North Bay).

I've been to:
    US (44/50 states)
    Canada (many trips, wife's family lives there)
    Mexico (close to my home state of Texas)
    Iraq
    Kuwait

Portugal (lived there for 3 years)
    Romania
    Germany
    Panama
    Republic of Korea
    Germany
    Norway
    Finland
    Denmark
    Italy
    Spain
    Romania
    France
    Austria
    Switzerland
    England

Working for NATO accounts for most of the Euro locales

16. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

Hydra- what have you seen from Switzerland and Germany? Which cities have you visited??

17. Sir Nose

Sir Nose New Member

Hi Christine :cool:

I only drove through Switzerland, didn't spend a lot of time there.

I have had many trips for work to Oberammergau in Bavaria, always spent a day or two in Munich on the way there and back. I have been there a couple of times during Octoberfest but I avoided the beer tents and went to some great clubs, Atomic Cafe is my favorite.

I have taken vacations with my family to Garmisch for skiing, and I hope to do that again very soon!

Also I have attended Athletic meets in Stuttgart (and went to clubs afterwards). Work trips and again time for clubs/restaurants in Mainz and Heidelberg.

I really like Germany. The next time I am there I want to meet you.

18. christine dubois

christine dubois Well-Known Member

Hydra- this is sexy:smt045

Oberammergau, Munich, Stuttgart- that are all places close to my mothers house.. it's very funny. Honestly said Garmisch and Oberammergau are very bavarian:rolleyes:, but I like it to go there sometimes, too. Munich- of course- is a very interesting city- I love it.

But anyway that are all places I can go immediatly from Switzerland, when you are there again. Hope it will happen soon:smt081

19. Raul Sinclair

Raul Sinclair New Member

So Far:

U.S.(Born & Raised- Multiple States on the East Coast)

Canada( Quebec Province)

Haiti( Capital and some small towns)

France( Paris and Lille)

Germany( North Rhine-Westphalia state and Berlin)

Netherlands( Amsterdam)

Belgium( Brussels and Antwerp)

Languages:
    English( First Language)

Spanish( Learned from many years of study, but have forgotten a large portion)

French and Creole( Spoken in my house growing up, so I picked up some )

20. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

My love and I are going to take a trip to Athens, Greece next month,which I am very excited about.
    Have always wanted to visit that country!