When you joined this forum - what was your story?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by FEHG, Oct 24, 2008.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

I hope Im wrong but he made statements that led me to believe its him. trust me he made the exact same statements as before. no matter who it was .......what a loser

2. roadlesstraveled

roadlesstraveled New Member

1. What was your "status" when you joined up?
    I'm single, and was when I joined, too. It was very recently that I joined, so I wouldn't expect my status to change so soon.

2. What were you hoping to get from this forum/site?
    I'm basically here to get different perspectives on interracial dating, specifically of the BM/WW variety, as it's very relevant to me, being a black guy. A friend or more would be nice as well.

3. Has either of those changed since you joined?
    No. I'm still single, but that's cool, and my goals on the site are the same.

I just realized that this has been relevant to me for a long time. Actually, I did a Google search and the site had an answer, so I checked it out. I'm still pretty new to the site. Technically, I've only had one semi-relationship that was very short, with someone I met on another dating site, but other than that have just been dating/attempting to date. That was mid into late summer of this year, and I'd never really gone on a date until summer of last year, so I'm still new to dating and relationships in general. After that experience, I've become more aware of what I'm seeking in a mate. I'm looking forward to the time I'll spend in the forums learning more perspectives, and just finding others who are also interested in interracial dating, as that is my preference.

3. suzieb

suzieb New Member

I have actually only just joined. I have just become involved with the most amazing black man, and I am besotted with him.
    I wasn't particularly looking for a forum, I was looking for interracial pictures, lol, as I find them really sexy! so I was searching on Bing images, and a pic came up from here, and when I saw the source I decided I would like to join.

I have dated black men once or twice before, but have generally been with white men. I never made any kind of conscious decision to go either way, its just the way its turned out.

But now I am with this man, he has pulled the rug from under my feet! I want to be all I can be for him, and hopefully can learn about this dynamic here, if there are any differences I need to know about, or anything I can do to make him happy, things that maybe unique to dating a black man as oppose to a white man.
    He is Jamaican, and is the most amazing creature I have ever met!

4. Beckett

Beckett New Member

My story

I grew up in desegregation era Chicago. The schools were actually desegregated during my Freshman year of high school. However, there was a black male student at the elementary school I attended on the north side from the fourth grade to the eighth. We talked, and on one occasion we sat in the playground and had lunch together. We were children and just enjoyed one another's company. He was polite, smart, and just a pleasure to talk to. I invited him to my birthday party, and when he arrived my father unceremoniously ended the party and sent all of my classmates home. I haven't seen him since graduation from elementary school, but it set a preference for me. Simply put, I realized at a very early age that caucasian males were not as attractive in my eye as black males, and that for any potential for longevity at all, a relationship would be with a black man. Beyond that, it is important to note that it isn't about skin color as much it is about those things that are not so obvious. The sound of his voice, how he puts his arms around me, how it feels when he kisses me, and I do love to kiss. It is about being beautiful in my eyes and touching my ear with his voice just right.

My status is widowed since 1994
    My expectations when joining were to interact with others in the forum, and get to know those of like mind through reading what they have to say here.
    No changes yet, still new and getting acquainted with everyone

5. intermilan09

intermilan09 New Member

I'm just on here "shuckin and jivin," you know how it goes. Have a gorgeous wife, curly headed khaki babies, and rather successful career but I like to dibble n' dabble online.

6. Fred bishubo

Fred bishubo New Member

I joined to get expelience n to understand on how to get a white one, since am vely far from from them its becoming difcult, but i stil believe i get some one though am living in africa.

7. londonlady

londonlady New Member

I have just joined. My status is divorced - amicably.
    I have no expectations of this site other than to meet people I would never normally meet which is in my view one of the great wonders of the web!

8. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

My story is of the "Meow varitey". I was once a playful kitten. Then I grew strong and became a calm and cool cat.

9. D Nyce

D Nyce New Member

I stumbled onto this site a loooooong time ago (I think in 2011) and I can't remember how I found it but I know I was googling something. I finally got to join about a week ago.

I'm not in a relationship now (unfortunately :( lol) hoping to change that asap. I hate being single but I think I better take it slow.

I joined to communicate/converse with the lovely and beautiful WW on here.

10. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

Good thread. I just joined and my status has been single for some time. I grew up in the chocolate city (Lol) and I guess I took having blacks in my life for granted because now I live in another city where there's no black people and it's weird, boring, and lonely. I found one after a couple years and fell in love with him but when we ultimately went our separate ways, I not only lost him (still friends but not the same) but also my connection with black culture and fellowship. Now I'm just so bored. Bored of the baseball-cap-khaki-pants-top 40 radio clubs. I miss black comedy, music, talk. But I tried just showing up at a black function hoping to maybe make a new friend, and well that didn't work out so well. Lol (Apparently some girls were plotting an ambush to cut my hair off (?)). Ha. Anyway, I'm already blown away how interesting and cool the people on this site are. I want to read everything. Good thread.

11. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

welcome!

12. Satchmo

Satchmo New Member

thanks for sharing. Enjoyed reading

13. Hypestyle

Hypestyle New Member

1. What was your "status" when you joined up?
    Single, wanting a girlfriend.

2. What were you hoping to get from this forum/site?
    Just general interaction with people who don't have a problem with IR. Maybe a local connection.

3. Has either of those changed since you joined?
    I'm still single, still no girlfriend. :smt089

14. Ottavie

Ottavie New Member

Just joined. Single and kinda lonely in the new place where I live ..
    I found randomly this forum, thought there were interesting people and decided to join.

Here to discuss and not really expecting to meet anyone since most of people on this forum are living too far from me.

15. Whitechick477

Whitechick477 New Member

confused

I joined recently to meet some guys but this site is so confusing. there does not seem to be any live interaction just posting/ not what I had in mind at all.

16. fantasyfangrl

fantasyfangrl New Member

It's not really a dating site on the forums. To find a date go to the personals section.

17. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

cockblocking:smt042

18. fantasyfangrl

fantasyfangrl New Member

Oops my bad!!

19. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

20. lippy

lippy Well-Known Member

just teasing...dudes are thirsty around here and she is offering herself up for ANYTHING:p