What's your Meyers Briggs TYPE?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by TheHuntress, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Having a professor that's a "perceiver" type P can really be a pain in the ass. Glad to be done with two of them. I actually wish the temperament types of professors was public knowledge, it's not like you can practically meet them and get a read on them before taking their class.

Being an ENTP I'm not demonizing them, but they can really make for a long semester.

2. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Definitely feeling whatever emotion this is right now.......lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  3. missshyness

missshyness Active Member

For future reference, there is a website called rate my professor, you can go in and type search by professor name and school, if they are in the sites database, there are reviews left by their past students. This can be useful if one is choosing classes for the semester and there are different professors teaching different sections or times of the same course, knowing their reviews, you can then choose a better rated professor.

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

True, this is very good advice. What are/were you studying?

5. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

Same here, am INFJ.

6. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Awesomeness. ;)

7. missshyness

missshyness Active Member

Horticulture, business, a little yoga and art, a little of everything.

8. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Cool. I'm broad in my studies as well, put a fair amount into both social and hard science making applied science/engineering my main area . Graphic arts will be my artistic indulgence when I get there.

9. Tamstrong

[​IMG]

10. Tamstrong

11. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

We are special and rare;).
    Apparently INFJ is the least common type.

12. Tamstrong

Indeed we are. ;)

13. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

I just did this test and got INTJ.

I just googled it. This is interesting:

INTJ Female Percentage : Four INTJ Women for Every 500 Women
    1. INTJ women respond differently to being told they are INTJ than men do
    2. Less than 1% of females fall into the INTJ classification.
    3. When dating an INTJ female, it's best to give her space and treat her professionally in the beginning of the courtship. INTJ relationships tend to more professional than those of others.
    4. INTJ women are very private, and they don't share as much with other women.
    5. Female INTJs will disobey authority if the think authority wrong. They are not supportive of others.
    6. Female INTJs are both logical and objective, and they put logic above nurturing and their feelings.
    7. Female INTJs tend to be gifted and/or highly competent.
    8. Female INTJs are more rare than any other group.
    For every five hundred women, only four have an INTJ profile. Natural leaders and highly competent they may be, but they are often misunderstood. Here's why.

INTJ stands for Introverted, Intuition, Thinker, and Judgment. It's one of the sixteen Myers-Briggs profiles, the most popularly utilized psychometric test in the world. Corporations often use the MBTI to determine whether the person is well-suited to a particular job or not. INTJs are natural leaders but prefer not to be leaders. They only take on leadership roles when it's important that they do.

Because the INTJ woman is very different, it means that she is often misunderstood. Read on to find out why.

Myers-Briggs Interpreted
    The Myers-Briggs assessment determines whether people are introverts or extroverts, whether they use their five senses or their intuition to make decisions, whether they base their assessments and/or conclusions on thoughts or feelings, and, lastly, whether they are comfortable with unanswered questions or if they need closure and, therefore, make 'judgements.' Ergo, an INTJ woman would comprise the following categories:

Introversion: The I stands for introverted which means she obtains her energy and personal satisfaction from her thoughts, imagination, and/or creativity rather from external factors like other people, status, and/or possessions.

Intuition: The N stands for Intuition. It means that she draws from stored unconscious knowledge accrued through the years from books, movies, other people, experience, and reflection. Generally, the INTJ has top-notch information stored.

Thinker: The T stands for thinker (as opposed to feeler), and this means that decisions are based on a process of deduction and analysis rather than what she feels. Bear in mind that feeling is related to emotions and is not the same as intuition.

Judgement: The J stands for Judgement, and it means that closure is preferred. Open-ended and unresolved problems and issues are not welcome to the lady INTJ.

Rare Combination of Intuition and Thinking

Generally, most profiles combine feeling with intuition and thinking with the use of the senses (taste, smell, touch, feeling, hearing). The INTJ is unusual in their combination of intuition and thinking. The result is an individual with a highly developed imagination and the ability to apply detail to visualisation, thus bringing into being original and practical solutions.

Other names for INTJs are strategists and system-builders.

Analytical and Objective Thinker
    The INTJ individual is best suited to science, and while many believe that the scientist deals only in facts, it is the outstanding scientist who uses imagination to extrapolate possible interpretations of data as well as find commercial and industrial uses for new discoveries.

Her Brain
    The INTJ develops precise structures in the brain from early childhood. This means that information is extremely well organized. They can analyze (compare this information) with ease as a result of this highly organized structure. They also retain new information with ease. INTJs are highly competent people and are often gifted.

14. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

ESFJ

Extravert(38%) Sensing(3%) Feeling(25%) Judging(19%)
    • You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (38%)
    • You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (3%)
    • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
    • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (19%)

• interesting...

15. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

ESFJ
    Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging
    Guardians of birthdays, holidays and celebrations, ESFJs are generous entertainers. They enjoy and joyfully observe traditions and are liberal in giving, especially where custom prescribes.

All else being equal, ESFJs enjoy being in charge. They see problems clearly and delegate easily, work hard and play with zest. ESFJs, as do most SJs, bear strong allegiance to rights of seniority. They willingly provide service (which embodies life's meaning) and expect the same from others.

ESFJs are easily wounded. And when wounded, their emotions will not be contained. They by nature "wear their hearts on their sleeves," often exuding warmth and bonhomie, but not infrequently boiling over with the vexation of their souls. Some ESFJs channel these vibrant emotions into moving dramatic performances on stage and screen.

Strong, contradictory forces consume the ESFJ. Their sense of right and wrong wrestles with an overwhelming rescuing, 'mothering' drive. This sometimes results in swift, immediate action taken upon a transgressor, followed by stern reprimand; ultimately, however, the prodigal is wrested from the gallows of their folly, just as the noose tightens and all hope is lost, by the very executioner!

An ESFJ at odds with self is a remarkable sight. When a decision must be made, especially one involving the risk of conflict (abhorrent to ESFJs), there ensues an in-house wrestling match between the aforementioned black-and-white Values and the Nemesis of Discord. The contender pits self against self, once firmly deciding with the Right, then switching to Prudence to forestall hostilities, countered by unswerving Values, ad exhaustium, winner take all.

As caretakers, ESFJs sense danger all around--germs within, the elements without, unscrupulous malefactors, insidious character flaws. The world is a dangerous place, not to be trusted. Not that the ESFJ is paranoid; 'hyper-vigilant' would be more precise. And thus they serve excellently as protectors, outstanding in fields such as medical care and elementary education

This is actually pretty spot on.

16. Bookworm616

For men. Women, it's the 3rd least common type.

17. Bookworm616

Interesting. It sounds like you fit right in in the military with this personality type.

18. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

The description was pretty legit, borderline creepy.. lol

19. Bookworm616

When I looked up mine, it was the same way. Way too many things hit close to home.

20. DJG87

DJG87 Well-Known Member

Right. The “guardian of holidays” and wanting to be a leader & protecter was one thing.. me fighting with myself to make crucial decisions is something that fucks with me lol. So this test caught me off guard a little.