What you drinking thread

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by 4north1side2, Mar 4, 2012.

1. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Red koolaid

2. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

:D I love me some koolaid I don't care what anybody says. My mama had it in the refrigerator for us at all times. We weren't allowed to have soda because it "was bad for us" but somehow sugar-laden koolaid was alright lol.

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Lol

4. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

and be extra careful not to spill it on the carpet:)

LOL, I know, right? We grew up on Kool-Aid too. It was such that my brother and I would get sent to the corner store if we happened to run out of Kool-Aid. I used to love the Lemonade, and Grape flavors. We also used to hear about the soda thing, but mostly from my grandmother. So there we were regularly drinking sweet Kool-Aid, and downright syruppy Ice Tea at my grandmother's. I guess we stayed thin because we were so active.

5. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

I love the lemonade and red! I'm sure red has a flavor but to us it was just red :smt043

6. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

We called it red too. I think it was cherry. I don't think there was a flavor we didn't like, but we usually picked the cherry, grape, lemonade, and some other redish flavor.

7. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

8. goodlove

goodlove New Member

Or get that butt whipped
    Lol... Honey child that is the flava....red

9. darkwawyer

darkwawyer Member

Daily?

Water or Almond milk. Rarely do I drink soda...maybe the equivalent of half a case per year. Same w/Gatorade. Haven't had Koolaid in a few decades.

Per Partying? I don't get drunk often, but when I decide I want to be under the influence it depends on how much I want to spend (E&J, Wild Turkey, Jim Beam, Grey Goose, Tequila [preference is Cabo Wabo, Agave]).

I do watch a lot of MMA fights so when I go out to watch them I usually have 1 or 2 Guinness Stouts (lots of healthy stuff in them) or some IPA. As far as social get togethers, I'm usually hoping that there's some Coors Lite in the cooler.

10. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Highly overrated.
    [​IMG]
    I can dig it.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I been planning on trying Blanton's but I have been drinking a lot less lately. I'll get around to it one day, It seems to have a good rep.

I would rather drink hot sauce than Brandy or Cognac.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Irish single malt

[​IMG]

14. Be-you-tiful86

Be-you-tiful86 Well-Known Member

Starbucks

caramel machiato, iced and upside down :)

15. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Espresso

Best red wine varietal on the planet.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

:smt023

17. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Do you drink this straight on the rocks or mixed?

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Whatever you do don't mix it. Never mix a single malt with anything! Also, being that it is an Irish whisky and their whiskey is triple distilled I don't think it would taste too well on the rocks either. Some whiskies open up with a dab of ice or spring water, but that's more likely with some bourbons and Scotches. I sip that one straight. It's ok but nothing to write home about.

I have bumped the thread "Scotland breaking up from the UK" I derailed that thread therefore you will find plenty of whiskey talk there. Feel free to ask me anything about it.

I would recommended you try the one I posted in post 627 in this thread. It's a really good single malt and better than the one posted above.

I haven't tried Blanton's yet but I know enough about whiskey to know that it would have been a mistake to mix that one too.

19. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

Thanks B. The Blantons I sipped on the rocks. I've found with the top shelf stuff it doesn't take much and it doesn't leave you sick. (Keep in mind I'm a novice). Ive had cheap shit back in my military day (Seagrams gin and MD20/20) but now it's about relaxing with a sip.

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

LOL@segrims gin and MD20/20. Iv'e been there myself too. I think I would get sick if I smelled those now:smt042

1792 is the bourbon I've been drinking the most lately. What makes it unique is that it has a higher rye content than most bourbons. Most of them do use rye but in smaller proportions. Rye makes the whiskey more spicier. Bourbon is already sweet so the sweet and spicy combo is dangerously good. I enjoy sipping it on the rocks. The "small batch" version has a different taste than the "Ridgemont reserve" I like both but the small batch is the preferred for me.

I have some bottles of whiskey that Iv'e been pouring sips out of for a coupe of years.