What is your worst experience with racism, sexism, or whatevercism?

Discussion in 'Dealing with Prejudice' started by 4north1side2, Oct 13, 2011.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Ok
    We can agree to disagree

2. JamahlSharif

JamahlSharif Well-Known Member

Most definitely...and respectfully so. You know I don't knock anyone for having a point of view different than my own. Healthy dialogue is always good...

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Amen.
    From my perspective I just thinl we need to wake up and stop supporting shitty business practices because its not right but you dont have to recognize it for me to do what I think is right. So lile you said what you eat dont mak.e me shit

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well the best would be to not support the actual ones who screwed over the patrons. The one local to you may not be racist and employ a huge amount of local people who depend on the community to eat there. You keep saying don't blame all for the sins of a few and the 21 people who felt wronged may have all been in one particular county or State.

5. ChocolateLoverTrish

ChocolateLoverTrish New Member

LOL. I had the same experience with an older couple staring at us in a Waffle House in Georgia, and to piss them off, knowing that they were watching, I deliberatley tongued my man down for a good 2-3 minutes.

That older couple was pissed off to the highest point of piss-tivity!! LOL

6. JamahlSharif

JamahlSharif Well-Known Member

I would've been pissed too. GET A ROOM! lol....

7. chocolatecream4u

chocolatecream4u Well-Known Member

Not all but quite a few I hate cracker Barrels

8. chocolatecream4u

chocolatecream4u Well-Known Member

Racism sucks!

In 1984 as kid and growing up in Chicago i had two diffrent expriences one when i was driving through the Bridgeport area which in the early 90's were prodominately white and also the area where the former mayor of Chicago lives i got lost driving around the area, and i came across a park and one those coward racist bigots threw a bottle at my car and you can guess what they shouted N*gger go home. the worst.. 87th and Western 9:15pm again same comments you aint from around here N*gger go home.. then two shots ring out from a fast moving car, that was the worst thus with my face to face reality check with racism.

9. SexyBaltimorean

SexyBaltimorean New Member

Yeah, racism does sick...to the highest level. The key is to just be yourself & come to grips that there are, in fact, ignorant people in this world....

.......from ALL races.

10. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

This! Rep coming... :)

11. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

I never been to a Cracker Barrel, doesn't sound like a place for people of color to dine. When it come to chain restaurants, I fucks with Friday's all day everyday!

12. MilkandCoffee

MilkandCoffee Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't know why black people are dining at a place called "Cracker Barrel"

[​IMG]

13. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

ZIIIING!!!

14. Av8rdrew

Av8rdrew Member

Ouch!

Sounds like the father of a lady I dated in college and wanted to marry. She and I had an innocent enough meeting. Over time, our relationship went through the stages and a hot, steamy and very loving relationship blossomed. Given the time, (the early 1990's) we used to communicate by dropping notes off to each other in bushes on campus and then meet up somewhere way, way off campus and spend nights and weekends together, etc.

She confided in an aunt about our relationship who told her she was attracted to black men. Her aunt sold her down the river and told her father knowing he his feelings about black people and black men in particular. Her father almost beat her to death from what I was told at the time. I will never know for myself as I never saw or heard from my friend again. We had mutual friends, but no one knew of our relationship, but one of the people did say she'd seen her and she looked pretty bad and that is my worst story. It took me a little time to get over that situation as I was feeling like it was my fault, though I knew it wasn't.

The betrayal of the hypocritical aunt and ruthlessness of the father is beyond words.