Welp, that was short lived. Holy holmes choked out by meisha tate

Discussion in 'Sports' started by 4north1side2, Mar 6, 2016.

1. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]YwvLKZWq8KY[/YOUTUBE]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. FG

FG Well-Known Member

Holm is a pugilist above all and should never allow anyone to get inside. She did a similar mistake as roussey did when she stepped inside Holm's long arms and allowed herself to get her bell rung. Both needs better coaches on their weaknesses

I heard an interview with roussey where she said she got her belll rung at the very beginning and never got her head clear after that I think she learned a valuable lesson hopefully Holm did too here. I wasn't surprised of that outcome, but a good fight

3. goodlove

goodlove New Member

In reference to the bottom pic, The look on Holm's face says it all

4. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Damn.

The women's fight game is SERIOUS.:cool:

What does this mean for Holm/Rousey rematch??

BTW I think Rousey crushes Tate, but Holm was just a bad matchup style wise for Rousey.

5. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Holm has no ground game. Everyone and their mother knows it. She needs to train on that or it will be like this for a long time. She clearly would have won the match if it wasn't for the choke out.

6. FG

FG Well-Known Member

That's pretty much what I said:)

7. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Respect to both. Wish I could've watch the match. Right back to the gym for Holly. No time for crying on Ellen. Look forward to seeing her bounce back.

8. darkwawyer

darkwawyer Member

Don't bet any money on it. Rhonda's confidence is at an all time low and Miesha always gives her a run for her money. If you look up "grinder" you will find Miesha's pic. She doesn't really give up - she just seems to move along at 80% as other fighters have peaks and valleys in their performance.

Dana and the UFC have turned into money whores. They'd rather chase dollars that set viewers up with good fights or give respect to defeated champs...especially if the champs weren't company brown nosers/suck ups.