USA Today piece on IR

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Soulthinker, May 24, 2017.

1. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Focus was a sneaky box office hit. It wasn't a $200-300million dollar revenue movie, but IMO most Hollywood producers would still take a 3 to 1 return on investment on a movie.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

It is though with REAL IR couples. They no longer have control over famous white women's dating life so the only control left is within art... which for the most part they control a lot of.

More so they get ignored, people on twitter called out Supergirl's portrayal of it, along with two other ones I am having trouble thinking about right now, maybe someone can help me out. But people know the portrayal mostly lacks. Especially when these young folks be doing this thing called "shipping" they've done it with Finn and Rey.

I think a blockbuster or they are betting on it being a blockbuster is coming out featuring a black man and a white woman. Don't know if they are going to be a couple though. But as I said the reality will come out when a IR romance with no negative portrayal hits mainstream... I should say again. Because the movie FOCUS was a hit with audiences bringing in $159.1 million. But the critics tore it apart and it had less media attention OF COURSE!

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Focus was boring fam. Good acting but the script sucked

4. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

5. Soulthinker

Great points DC.

6. Soulthinker

Yes,it is sad indeed. I see more GLBT relationships than IR between BM/WW.

7. darkcurry

I thought it was okay, the acting saved some parts. But you get the point I was making about it though, right? How many times have we seen the media and publications hype up bad movies or movies not well received by critics or bad movies that critics lied to us about. I know I want my money back after renting La La Land. lol.

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Oh yeah the double standards are clear as fuck

9. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

You know, I was thinking the same thing as I was typing my initial response. Sad indeed.

10. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Very rare to see a black male so openly portrayed as a sex symbol like in this video.

11. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Is she an American artist?

12. Reverie

Nope, english.

13. darkcurry

It's happened before. Pink did it in her earliest video back when she used to do R&B. And of course Madonna.

14. Reverie

Nice.

15. Soulthinker

Nice,but no doubt it is just a flirtation.

16. Reverie

I actually can see Pink with a black bloke.

17. Soulthinker

And a baby with one too.

18. Reverie

That kinds comes with the territory.

19. Soulthinker

No question about that.

20. Soulthinker