The Message Behind Upcoming Movie "Get Out" (IR Lead Couple)

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by ooieooie, Dec 18, 2016.

1. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I know right. As a black man who has always lived in the city or an immediate suburb, why would I be interested in a rural area?

2. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

What difference does it make? I've heard this complaint from several in the black YT community before but I just don't see a problem here.

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

It takes away the few opportunities that AA have not to mention it highlights even more racism

4. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

I've lived in rural areas. It's not bad if you know where you're going. I once spent a couple of years walking in those areas in the dark. My only worries were dog attacks and getting hit by speeding vehicles. I had no problems with locals.

On the plus side, I enjoyed fresh air and nice sunsets(where I lived).

5. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

RC,the only thing I will say of that flick is partially true. I saw it and enjoyed it. I will say my full opinion after you seen it.

6. MightyLighty

How so?

7. The Dark King

That only a certain kind of black is ok

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

She's cute but her voice is nasally as hell

9. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Here's a pretty good review
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...an-peele-writer-director-liberal-white-racism

Now about why you don't see Black Americans get theses roles lets be honest about why they don't cast black american actors it is because they are just not as good, but that is not just black actors its the entire pool of american actors. Let's face it among young american actors talent is just not there like it once was. Why? Well casting directors will cast a mediocre talent with good looks over a great talent with average looks. They will do this over and over and these mediocre talents will get jobs after job. Unless they do it on their own they have no incentive to go and hone their skills. Then look at these British actors many of them are classically trained, they will go out and try to get better, they are willing to take on roles in smaller less known films hell lots of them will go do plays even when they are big stars because it helps them become better actors.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  10. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah I could see the argument if it was Just African American Talent getting the shaft. But white American Talent cant get a shot against Brits and Aussies either.
    America Just doesnt produce acting talent.
    And yeah look no further then CW to get a read on how it works in America. The go for look over talent every time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  11. The Dark King

You think so? Give me some examples now I'm intrigued because most of the stars like Emma Stone and Chris Evans are American.

12. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

LOL> Ridiculous statement x1000.
    And the CW is hardly a gauge for the acting talent produced in this country.

This shit with Brit actors is faddish because most producers and directors in Hollywood are still anglophiles.

13. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

This movie looks like every warning my mother ever gave me about dating white girls.

14. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

The Brit and Aussie females are more confortable with brothers as compared to American actreseses.

15. MightyLighty

^Allison Williams disagrees vehemently *leans head, curls lips*

16. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

Checking this out Monday.

17. ooieooie

ooieooie Member

I'm going to see it on Sunday :)

18. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

19. darkcurry

I won't be seeing it this weekend something came up. But me and my girlfriend will be going next weekend. So no spoilers or just might avoid this thread all together. lol.

20. darkcurry

This is not a spoiler, but an update on the Box Office numbers from variety.com

"Jordan Peele's “Get Out” continued its strong box office opening run on Friday, earning $10.8 million at 2,781 locations. Its weekend total is now estimated at $28.5 million, and it should easily win the weekend. The same, however, can not be said for Lionsgate Premiere's “Rock Dog” and Open Road's “Collide.”

Already proven to be another example of how the public has BEEN "ready" for IR relationships between black men and white women on tv and movies. It's the story you tell and how you tell
    it. A United Kingdom, which is an independent release is already at $630,500 . Imagine the numbers if it would have opened on more screens. Hollywood is slowly exposing itself as
    the ones that has issue with IR between black men and white women.