Torrent Files

Discussion in 'PC Performance, Security, and Tips' started by Be-you-tiful86, Aug 10, 2009.

1. dj4monie

dj4monie New Member

Look, Pirate Bay has been clipped by legal issues, just like MiniNova. You can use KickAss Torrents which is safe and as long as you have seeders it doesn't take long to download anything.

I use blogs and File Tube for audio files, saves on having to rip records from my massive 12" collection. The less I do now the fewer I have to rip and if you have tried to rip records then you know what I am talking about.

Why would I want to download Westley Snipes' shit? Most if it is week, Murder on 1600 will be on Starz Black in a few days. What else do you want, Do The Right Thing?

In any event, do whatever you want, I just thought I would pass long some useful information.

2. dj4monie

dj4monie New Member

Kick Ass Torrents and BT Junkie.

3. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

I used whichever site has that particular file I'm looking for. Some sites have 0 seeders for what I'm looking for, and others have some. I'm downloading the Wayans Bros from some random site, because not other site had that many seeders. I usually fuck with isohunt or piratebay.

4. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

piratebay is top dolla, because like I said earlier, you can SEE who uploaded the torrent (as well as their status within the site), and know right then and there, if what you're getting is going to be the best, or some random shit that's going to give your computer syphilis.

and they usually have what you're looking for, unless it's really...really old or balls

they still got the X-files entire series up for download at like 70 gigs..

or you can buy all seasons for like 300 dollars

:smt103

5. RRoyce55

RRoyce55 Active Member

I swear by Kick Ass Torrents. I have found everything i have been looking for, and ain't caught a fuckin virus yet. I am smart about it though and do the equivalent of putting 3 condoms on my computer before dippin it into that dirty ass vagina known as torrent sites...

6. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

comcast is banging mothafuckas that try to download Spartacus

just an FYI

obviously they wont discontinue ur service over the matter, since that would mean losing TONS of capital

at any given time, millions of broadband users are ripping off something, so you'll end up with a warning

7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Tunr off all your sharing options just download or if you can't limit it to zero then limit it to 5mb but your good as long as the other person doesn't upload the whole thing from you.

8. dj4monie

dj4monie New Member

Best thing? Don't use Cable Internet.... I get 28MB down from At&t U-verse, you MAY get more but mine is not effected by local use like cable is.

9. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

if you can find anything without monthly bandwidth caps, you're alright

comcast started this whole 250gig bullshit, and if u go over it, they shut ur shit off for like 6 months

lol

10. LA

LA Well-Known Member

:smt104 Fuck that.

11. RRoyce55

RRoyce55 Active Member

Then your just leachin. Defeats the whole philosophy that P2P was built upon. You gotta share to get stuff, it's just the whole point. If everyone choose to leach, there would be nothing to download.

12. Ymra

Ymra New Member

I just need to know what I need to know in order to "open" or torrent file

13. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

google bitorrent or azureus (to download the torrent from the .torrent file)

google winrar ( to extract zipped (compressed) files)

google VLC media player (to watch HD/bluray/dvd files you just downloaded)

google daemon tools lite or Virtual CD (so you can mount .iso/.bin/other files that mimic a disc, and play it on your computer)

if you google these steps, you should get some kind of idea

google peerguardian or peerblock as well, if you want to limit who can have access to your computer (these have been around to prevent known IPs from busting you when you download something)

14. Morning Star

Morning Star Well-Known Member

Are there any torrent sites that's FREE?

15. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

if u pay for torrents, you're more of a noob than originally thought

16. Morning Star

I'll admit...I would be. But I didn't. But come now, help out this poor defenseless, n00b!

17. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

nah

we still need some people to buy movies and shit

:eek:

keep this legit and all

18. Morning Star

I just want to download programs and PDF files for the engineering related stuff. No movies or music.

19. RRoyce55

RRoyce55 Active Member

I'll legitimately admit that the last 5 movies I've watched were still in the theatres when I watched em over the last 3 weeks. Yeah, someone is not making money for their product, but they are price gauging in the first place. It shouldn't cost $14 bucks to see a movie just because big hollywood chooses to film it in 3D.

Unlike petty i'm all for helping people out in torrenting, as long as they SEED of course, which is the basic principle of PSP.

Go to download.com and download bittorrent. Then google torrent sites, and you'll eventually figure it out. It's really not that difficult.

20. Morning Star

I have BitTottent...thanks for the advice man. I'm much more confident. But I'll be downloading .pdf files relating to engineering stuff, so none of that other stuff for me.