Tomi Lahren Suspended from the Blaze for a week.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by glt1980, Mar 22, 2017.

1. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Tomi Lahren has said many controversial things in her time at the Blaze but faced nothing in the face of those comments from her employer that was until the other day. Seems that the golden girl is not the extreme hardcore conservative she likes to comes across as. She does not fall in line with the belief that the government should be telling a woman what she can and can not do with her body.

On Friday's episode of The View she said

“You know what? I’m for limited government, so stay out of my guns, and you can stay out of my body as well.”

On Monday, Lahren tweeted that she has “moderate, conservative, and libertarian views.”

Of course this was promptly criticized by network head Glenn Beck.

“Wait, libertarian views? Help me out on Trumpcare, stimulus, and executive orders. Trump is anything but libertarian,” wrote Beck, while adding the hashtag #intellectualhonesty.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/324880-tomi-lahren-suspended-at-the-blaze-report

Her suspension is due to begin monday, but it there seem to be rumors that there is tension behind the scenes and she may be permanently removed by September if not sooner.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

This woman is just plain ignorant and lost to me. I don't think she knows what she is... Makes sense though since most of the time she doesn't even know what she is talking about.

4. ColiBreh1

Yeah, she was a normal young liberal chick before she was hired by The Blaze. So her whole conservative shtick is bullshit.

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Can't knock the hustle. I'd say the same dumb shit if I got a 7 figure compensation

6. ColiBreh1

[​IMG]

7. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Tomi Lahren just became fuckable.:p

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

She is happy as hell because that girl was coming for her position

9. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

She said that she's pro-choice. She didn't say that she retracted all the shit that she's been talking about black people for the past 3-4 years.

Why are people so desperate to give this broad props?

10. darkcurry

Yeah she seems like the type that panders to whatever audience you pay her to be in front of, but this outing of her being pro-choice just exposed something deeper about
    this young lady. She is clueless, and I say that without insult.

11. darkcurry

She's kind of like like that lady Kayla Norton in the observation of her just being lost in their own ignorance. They are weak people, as I said earlier in my first post in this thread most
    of the things she talks about, she doesn't even know what she's talking about. Most of the videos opposing her on youtube highlights just how clueless she is.

12. ColiBreh1

IDK. Tomi Lahren is a dumb airhead that makes you appreciate & realize Coulter is talented at what she does.

Other than both of them both being blonde conservative ww in the news media, they aren't comparable at all.

13. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

She isn't the first white woman to hate black people and bad-mouth them, then turn around and express their feminist views.

From what I've read, it seems she may have also dated/slept with a few brothas in her past. She wouldn't be the first white feminist to hate black people, while simultaneously enjoying black men. It's not surprising that this is the only thing that would get her suspended.

14. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

She's always been fuckable

15. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say she's dumb; rather, she's a media "personality," like Ann Coulter, a political opportunist, apt at pivoting their discourse into the main narrative of an issue. They're attempting to stir the same pot with similar divisive tactics. The difference being, Tomi might not see longevity in this hard right persona. She's had to take some very stiff, indefensible (to me) positions. She clearly wants to transition out of the hard right circles. That shit with Charalmagne/Trever Noah was a transparent attempt to redefine herself and her politics.

16. ColiBreh1

This. If a bigger name Liberal media outlet would hire her, she would become a liberal overnight.

17. ColiBreh1

The New York Post is reporting this morning that Tomi has been permanently banned from The Blaze:

http://pagesix.com/2017/03/26/shake-up-causes-drama-at-glenn-becks-theblaze/

18. ryanpaulstewart

ryanpaulstewart Well-Known Member

If you're running an alt-conservative media platform, firing her is a no-brainer. The core audience will interpret Tomi's position shift as political treason, she might get a little bit of cred from other media outlets for "speaking her mind" but it's a "let the chips will fall where they may" situation. Pure speculation on my part, her meeting with Trevor Noah was a discussion on how to pivot out of the pseudo-fascist mess she's found herself in.

19. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

20. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Only a small percentage of conservatives are hung up on abortions rights and most younger conservatives, like Tomi Lahren, are pro choice.
    Firing her is a bad business decision IMO because she was TheBlaze's biggest star, other than Beck.

Lahren will either be on radio or end up of Fox.

If conservatives really cared about who was pro life and pro choice, Trump never would have been elected. Just some crap the GOP bitches about to keep the evangelicals in line.
    The funny thing is, why the fuck does the GOP feel like they need to cowtow to pro life evangelicals?? Those assholes are still conservative and 99% of the time are going to vote Republican.

There's no place else for them to go.