This may start some arguments but are non-americans feminist?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by ThelowlyGentleman, Oct 31, 2016.

1. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

So true. Maybe we're just too lazy to search overseas lol. I'm not traveling to another state to find love let alone messing with a passport ;)

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Same here no one's mind ever changes lol
    Maybe it's an NY thing but I know plenty of guys from my church who are hard working guys but they don't make enough or are polished enough for a lot of women out there. A lot of 4s get sexual attention from a 6 and then have total blinders on looking for only 6s and up. I notice men are very willing to compromise when choosing a life long mate. Average women are winning big time right now.

3. The Dark King

Well that's the thing you don't really have to do anything, you have a vagina it pretty much sells itself so you can sit back and just wait. If men aren't proactive they might as well stock up on that Jergens lol

4. RaiderLL

It's about damn time we start winning at something lol

Some of the single friends I have (men and women) are single for a clear reason imo. They're the "good" people looking for perfection in a partner but not willing to work for their relationship. They expect butterflies and rainbows. No sympathy for them lol.

Have your church friends done those religious dating sites? Are those any less whore-filled than regular dating sites lol?

5. RaiderLL

That's not true lol. The human population won't go extinct if men stopped being proactive. I'm sure they'd find love just the same, without much of the drama probably. The one area of your life you should just sit back, relax and let things happen...your love life. Americans as a whole are to damn impatient for that though.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

:smt043:smt043:smt043

You didn't do this, bruh, not your fault at all. Believe that.....lol

7. The Dark King

LMAO
    Spoken like someone who has ever had to hunt for their own food,
    Your privilege is showing boo

8. The Dark King

No they pray on it lol
    And I agree to many people looking for perfection but I notice more men grow out of that shit.
    One thing I will give women and I kind of envy is so many have an overinflated sense of self. You can't tell a Denny's waitress with a limp she's not gonna find her GQ model doctor husband. So many truly believe that's the kind of guy they are going to end up with. Never seen a woman intimidated in slightest by a guy they're dating. Most men couldn't mentally handle a model or woman of that caliber, insecurities would destroy that before it begins.

9. RaiderLL

:smt043 The all powerful vagina privilege

Lol you think men grow out of it and I think women tend to grow out of it all while the American single population is proving us both wrong. Whatever. If all they want is lazy perfection, let em be single lol idgaf

10. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

Every woman I've ever been involved with was a feminist, whether she acknowledged it or not.

Many women don't like the label 'feminist' because of the political implications, but NO WOMAN I know believes she should expect less life opportunities or be treated like a second class citizen because of her gender.

And all the women I'm talking about LOVED men and were equally maternal, (when warranted), sympathetic, compassionate, considerate and emotionally evolved.

People associate so many negative connotations with the term feminism when really IMO it's about being recognized and respected as equals, which doesn't mean they don't need and want to be with MEN.

That means the smartest student in the classroom is and can be a woman, the best manager at your job can be a mom with 3 kids, the police chief in tour city can be female and damn good at her job.
    And still at the end of the day she craves to be told by her man that he loves her and can't live without her, hates all the people at work she hates, and secretly wants to sneak away with her to some remote tropical island and never come back.lol

Seriously, I don't know why so many men have so many negative feelings about the word feminism.

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Oh such a great post!

12. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I think it isn't a "women-changing" thing. I think it is that people are changing across the board. Marriage is seen as a bit archaic (at least the traditional idea of marriage), and people are trying to find other ways to find fulfillment (rightfully so, since a person can't complete you or anything). I believe there is a difference between "needing a man/woman" and simply wanting a man/woman as a companion with no interest in anything beyond a quality relationship.

With social media, information that is readily available and with you at all times, the general idea of what it means to be a woman/man is changing. It may be more difficult to understand as we are a bit older and didn't have such things growing up.

In my opinion... if you are looking for a certain kind of woman (personality-wise) then you should surround yourself with women who have that kind of personality. It may not be an "American women problem". It may have to do with the company you keep.

As far as being "feminist" it depends on what your definition of feminism is, and the different versions of feminism you experience in your daily life. What may be considered feminist to one woman may not be considered feminist to another.

May I ask what your issue is with feminism?

13. The Dark King

Because feminazis have taken over and project this anti male agenda. They make the very existence of being a man a sin. We aren't allowed to exist as we are but they are.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You're going to attract Extremists in every political genres of Equality Movements. Just like you have radicals and militants in the Black (or White or Latino) Movement, the gay Movement, the religious Movement, there are extreme factions in the Women's movement. They do not represent the Movement's core message, however.

15. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

I'll need to try harder/be more creative and tactful in my next life:).

16. meowkittenmeow

Various feminist groups have done a lot worse than that. Many are rife with white supremacy. I take a keen interest in certain forms of womanism. It's gender equality without the white supremacy and without suppressors playing victim. It isn't anti-male or anti-black male like the things you will find within some forms of feminism.

But, in spite of the bad stuff, there are some good things. Like that saying, "just because you date or marry/have kids with a woman doesn't somehow mean you aren't a misogynist". I agree with it, because it's true and the same can easily be applied to other things, like saying, " just because you date or marry/have kids with a black person doesn't mean you aren't a racist/white supremacist".

17. The Dark King

I guess what's dominate is what rubs me the wrong way. I just rather not even to speak to them. I agree everyone should be treated equally but I wont pretend we're the same and that nearly all men are oppressive and support the patriarchy. I'm black whatever patriarchy there is in this country I'm sure as hell aren't apart of and feel no need to be lectured about it.

18. meowkittenmeow

Well, that is the problem with "white feminism" (white supremacy within feminism that avoids intersectionality and applies white supremacist views to feminism, while simultaneously tone-policing/speaking over black women and black people as a whole). The reality is that although "white feminism" pretends that male privilege exists for all males, it simply isn't the case.

Any privilege that black men or women experience is purely a product of "conditional privilege" and not "institutionalized privilege". Conditional meaning that if you don't speak a certain way, go to the right schools, have the right career and amount of money, you will receive zero privilege. In addition to that, even if you attain conditional privilege, it can easily be taken away if you don't tow the line. In order to be a member of a patriarchy, you would have to maintain institutionalized privilege. In addition to that, for a patriarchy to exist as a praxis, white women would essentially have to be without privilege and oppressive power, which simply isn't the case.

This is something white feminism fails to realize and white it is named as such. And it is one of many reasons why womanism exists. You can support gender equality without maintaining any label (which I am sure you do). You can also disagree with plenty of white feminist opinions due to their lack of intersectionality. It's ok man, you aren't wrong and you are more than welcome to support gender equality in your own way. I would, however, suggest you take an interest in certain forms of womanism.

19. The Dark King

Will do fam

20. beccaomecca

beccaomecca Well-Known Member

Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!