Theme update + staff and permissions review

Discussion in 'Welcome Center and Announcements' started by webmaster, Mar 17, 2017.

1. webmaster

webmaster Administrator Staff Member

1. Updates to the forum theme are coming over the next week...
    • One thing I noticed is that when you're in a thread you cannot tell what forum you're in when you scroll to the top.
    • The post view inside of a thread will be updated to make it more visually readable. It's more of a personal thing I guess. There is just something off about it that I don't like.
    2. Member Tamstrong will be helping out with site administration (ability to respond to reported posts, move/delete threads/posts, etc). This way I can concentrate more on upgrades, marketing, and the backend.

3. Any member (in good standing) who would like to join the moderator team please send an email to admin@whitewomenblackmen.com. You may be required to use two-step authentication to log in.

4. A new chat application will be installed over the next week.

5. The resources tab may be updated or removed completely.

5. After the migration to the new forum software, permissions (what each group can and cannot do) need to be reviewed. Some features and permissions from the old forum are no longer available, and some new features need to be activated or adjusted.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  2. William Cheesman

William Cheesman New Member

Looking for your help. 1. How do I send a private e-mail? 2. Is your chat application working?

3. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

No private email
    The chat does work

4. William Cheesman

?? So how do you contact a member from personals?

5. William Cheesman

Trying to communicate with others female members is impossible. What am I doing wrong?

6. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

The forums are not the place to contact people from "personals". You need to go to the Personals for that:

http://whitewomenblackmen.com/personals.php

You also need to read the Basic Site Guidelines, which explains that and more:

http://www.whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/threads/basic-guidelines-please-read-before-posting.4664/

7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member