The White Massai

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Madeleine, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Madeleine

Madeleine Well-Known Member

This is a German movie (subtitled in English) based on the true story of a Swiss-German lady who fell in love with a Massai warrior while on vacation in Kenya. She leaves her white boyfriend, returns to Kenya to live with the Massai in his village. Sounds like a silly story except that it's all true. I enjoyed the book (and later the movie) when it came out. Interesting to see how far people can go.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

It looks incredible. Whst a story. I'm jealous, lol, l wish l was her! :)

Just yesterday l was viewing traditional village dance from Guinea called the Strong Man (dance) and was smitten with it and with the men.
    Can't wait for this movie now!

3. Madeleine

Oh well, when you watch the whole movie you'll reconsider if you really want to be her. Hepatitis, giving birth in the bush and so on. I won't say more than that, it's a nice movie anyway.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Oh...l feel like l was a pioneer woman in my past life. I can rough it, lol

Where can we view this movie?

5. Madeleine

Yeah, the actor is eye candy;-)
    Apparently he had to lose a lot of weight to pass as Massai.
    The complete movie is on YouTube in German ("Die weiße Massai"). Don't know about the subtitled one.

6. Madeleine

Ok, I just saw it on YouTube. Put in "The White Masai full movie English". And let me know afterwards how you find it;-)

7. Madeleine

Then more power to you! I gave birth to my children in a pretty "bush" way, second one at home without anyone even having to help me, but at least there would have been a back- up had I needed it. If you wanna try just go to Kenya, there'll be one Massai fellow very happy to have you live in his hut with him:p.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Hahaha, what an awesome post. Loving the home birth! Strong woman!
    Hahaha the last part has me laughing my ass off.

I've actually been to Zimbabwe, and there's a photograph of a young me staring at a male villiager while visiting a witch doctor. Lol. I've always had such affection for the African Continent, from its vast people, languages and food!! The food!!! :p (the men goes without saying)

9. Madeleine

Yay, lets start an African food thread;). Do you cook it? Have you been in a relationship with an African? The thing is opposites attract and all but once the jungle fever subsides the reality of cultural differences makes those relationships very difficult sometimes. But yes, love Africa and its people and culture. Could imagine living there once the kids are grown.

10. Madeleine

11. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

I remember that flick when I was in Germany years back. I wonder whatever happened to her?

12. Madeleine

Watch it;). Can't talk about it now, else Bliss will be annoyed with me for spoiling the movie for her:D.

13. Soulthinker

I will indeed.

14. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Girl, post away. There's a spoiler. ^ button 4th icon bottom left. Discuss! :D

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

ST...lol..you know we can see profile posts, lol

Soulthinker ? Madeleine Don't worry I will not mention the Wikipedia version to Bliss. I read she read three more book about her stay and her visits back to Africa
    :p

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I'm fine with the culture. My mother grew up in the ME and greeks are robust people, much like Africans, so l could handle, l think, lol.

Okay my favorite food is west african peanut soup with fufu (l used to have it chicken version). I love any african dish actually.
    Yes, l have been in relationships with 2 Ghanians and one Nigerian.
    How about you?

17. Madeleine

That groundnutsoup is yummy!
    I am married to a Nigerian. Have been to Nigeria a couple of times. I can imagine that Greek culture is closer to African than western/central European in.many ways.

18. Soulthinker

Had you seen the flick yet?

19. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Wow! This automatically brought back my memory of a movie that Nicole Kidman was slated to star in that never got made called Emma's War http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...al-film-about-our-emma-say-family-530073.html

Also A United Kingdom. Amazing, so many stories of white women going to Africa and find Love or falling in love with an African man or another type of foreign black man outside of the US., really speaks to how the narrative gets changed here. Just goes to show how the American Entertainment Industry tries to portray African men in such a stereotypical light and stop short of making them lovers. If Hollywood makes a film about a white woman finding love in Africa or Jamaica it will be with a white man. True Story.

Beautiful trailer, would have to catch this sometime. I heard they put it on Netflix, would have to see.

20. Madeleine

There is also "Vers le sud" (Heading South). French movie on white females travelling to the Caribbean to "get their groove back", and all that. Completely different narrative, but such things do happen as we know, and the movie is well done.
    As for Hollywood and their portrayal of Africa/Africans-they play it safe. And partly they also don't have a clue.