The self improvement thread: What are you doing to enrich your life?

Discussion in 'Conversations Between White Women and Black Men' started by 4north1side2, Sep 11, 2016.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Well good luck to you my friend I wish you many years of joy happiness and good fortune with your new wife.

2. K

K Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

3. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

1.) Become the best me.

2.) Yes

That's what's up Z.

4. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

Congrats! :freehug:

5. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Change career. Becoming a teacher was one of the biggest mistakes ever along with marrying my ex(the only good thing was my daughter).

Teaching is way too stressful. I'm trying to get peace within my life.

So I'm working on having peace and having patience.

6. K

K Well-Known Member

Have you considered taking a look at some of the homeschooling charter schools? I know they are popping up everywhere. It's much different than teaching in the classroom. Of course, that may be more or less stressful though. They are able to pretty much set their own hours and they meet with families once a month (sometimes more) to basically just check on them and help with guiding them when they need it. Some of them also teach classes but it's not all day every day and it's as they wish.

There are also those who teach online classes, which of course is very different than teaching in the classrooms every day.

There are many different options for teachers now.

7. Bookworm616

Bookworm616 Well-Known Member

Wow, congrats to you, Z! I wish you many, many years of happiness.

Hopefully, you'll stick around more. I miss your posts.

There are so many things. LOL.

Right now, I'm doing MixxedFit once a week. It's great, but I need to do more. So, I'm trying to find time during the week to exercise more. Also, I need to add more fruits and veggies as snacks.

8. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

I'll check on it.

Teaching low income inner city kids is stressful. You work nearly 7 days a week and 12 hour days. It's crazy.

9. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

Ooh thanks.

That sounds cool

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

That's ridiculous you should try to teach at community college level or anything other than grade school.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm more in agreement with the European Philosophy of work/life balance. It leaves time for self improvement in other areas. If I get an offer for a position there, I'm likely to take it, their lifestyle would make it worth dealing with the cold weather.

That's what I call a good reason to relocate.

LOL @ at relocating somewhere like Australia just to have an edge in the dating pool.

12. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

The main intent in teaching grade school.. specifically in the inner city was to help the community. If they don't have a good elementary education then they are screwed . Doing well at any level would be impossible.

13. goodlove8

goodlove8 Active Member

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

There's only so much you can do if the community doesn't return the support, but I hear you. Stay positive. The last thing I want to do is talk someone out of doing good things, but you already hate it so........I get it you're human.

15. K

K Well-Known Member

I think it takes a certain type of person with a strong support system to work in certain jobs....especially long term. It's more like a calling and it takes a lot. Sometimes it's a matter of shifting into something different but they can still make the difference they are hoping to make.

16. meowkittenmeow

meowkittenmeow Well-Known Member

I've been steadily working on improving myself by learning new things (mostly building computers and mild coding with Python). I have recently started a cut and am enjoying being a bit lighter on my feet. I might consider taking voice lessons again as my baritone voice requires many vowel deviations to transition to higher notes.

17. 4north1side2

4north1side2 Well-Known Member

My new job is exposing me to how much money their is to be made in this world but I've never been motivated by money. I like living a content secluded life but I also feel not having a desire for wealth holds me back.

18. Blacktiger2005

Blacktiger2005 Well-Known Member

Working toward a second masters degree. Enhanced my fitness program with a progressive strength, cardio, and flexibility approach. Looking to go into an entirely new line of work. I intend to transform myself and the life I'm living.
    -Blacktiger

19. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Admirable goals, keep striving, ever forward!

20. stiletoes

stiletoes Well-Known Member

1. Taking a conversational Spanish class.
    2. Finally blocked and deleted everyone I know from my ex from all social media, phone and email. Can't stay in touch no matter how nice they are. Had to eradicate everything from him out of my life for good.