The PEACEful side of the protests in Ferguson

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Bliss, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Nightly chaos in the St. Louis suburb is getting all the attention,
    but the vast majority of those protesting have been peaceful.
    Here's a look at the some of the moments that are not making the front pages...

[​IMG]

Resident John West (L) hands a rose to a police officer, showing his appreciation with help in cleanup efforts in Ferguson.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

People ride a small train-shaped vehicle during a peaceful demonstration.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Girls dance and cheer as they take part in a peaceful demonstration

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A group of young men breakdance for demonstrators gathered along West Florissant Avenue.

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Bishop Edwin Bass (L), president of the Church of God in Christ Urban Initiatives and other volunteers gather as they finish cleanup efforts
    after another night of demonstrations

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Teachers, staff, and administrators from Jennings School District join volunteers in cleanup efforts

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Local resident, 9-year-old Ciara Hampton places roses along West Florissant Street as residents called for peaceful demonstrations

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A small group of protesters join hands and bow their heads for a prayer
    directly across the street from the police department

10. Stizzy

Stizzy Well-Known Member

I'm glad there's something positive out of this situation.

11. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Where are the photos of AG Holder at that soul food resteraunt and the brother in charge meeting him before going to work?

12. RaiderLL

RaiderLL Well-Known Member

Excellent thread Bliss. Much respect for collecting and sharing these positive images.

13. Gorath

Gorath Well-Known Member

Let's see Fox News reports on this. I think they would only focus on the violence. If it bleeds, it leads.

14. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Not a sign of Officer Chicken George Zimmerman Jr in this thread...:smt042

15. Cherok33

Cherok33 Well-Known Member

It's heartwarming to see images such as those shared in this thread during times of extreme chaos. Thank you for shining the light on the GOOD and PEACEFUL demonstrations of love and support, Bliss.

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Much respect to you three for your perspectives, and for appreciating them as I much as I did. I am sure there are hundreds more images that show people rejecting the divisiveness and chaos that others appear to thrive on. There has been some horrible things and damning accusations made by both sides of this incident, and seeing these people here express themselves in a mature way...they could teach those lacking in understanding of the power of a peaceful protest. Martin Luther King would be so proud of them.

17. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

Great pics! It was surreal seeing all the military vehicles, etc. These images warm the heart and show that people are doing what they can to get through these difficult times.

18. Soulthinker

Soulthinker Well-Known Member

Still had not seen the AG and the new Police chief photo. That is a positive photo.

19. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Who cares just show these nigras acting like animals

/sarcasm

20. Hydroxide

Hydroxide Restricted

Good thread, Bliss! I wish outlets like Fox would showcase this kind of scenery more often instead.