The Official Soccer/Futbol Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by LA, Apr 18, 2009.

1. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

So true!

So true! I hate all that flopping too!

[YOUTUBE]T8-JYSXDp9k[/YOUTUBE]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Reminds me of that one football guy who used to show up for practice overweight (more overweight than usual, ahem), would take forever to get up after a play, would fall down after the slightest contact, etc, etc

You expect football guys to be the pinnacle of macho madness...then you see flopping pussies like this and well

3. APPIAH

APPIAH Well-Known Member

Yes FIFA is corrupt but the sickening hypocrisy is puke inducing. UK and US are pissed because they were not awarded the hosting rights for 2018 and 2022 and that's when they decided to start investigating even though corruption has been happening since Joao Havelange was FIFA President.
    They should start the investigation from USA 94 and they would be shocked about the corruption that the US engaged in before they gave them the rights.
    In 2006 there was a man called Charles Dempsey from New Zealand who was specifically told by the Oceania Federation to vote for South Africa to host the games but he strangely declined.
    Know why? He was paid off by the Germans to abjure himself from the process so they could win the bid. If they would go back to the 90s they would catch more fish.:cool:

4. orejon4

US nationals and their immunity-protected testimony are a key part of the indictments. Someone had to squeal for the dirty laundry to get aired out.

5. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

[YOUTUBE]07mBfR8erMY[/YOUTUBE]

6. orejon4

ROFLMAO

7. orejon4

Go Barça!

8. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

USA beat Netherlands 4-3

9. Skylight

Skylight Active Member

It was a dramatic turn of events to hear Sepp announce his resignation a few days after being reelected. :smt031

...And he was looking a little clammy.. :smt042

10. Skylight

Skylight Active Member

I think in this case the DOJ also acted on principled grounds. FIFA's corrupt practices was just flagrant and terrible for the sport and fans. It was bad.

Also since US businesses are engaged with FIFA in marketing their products globally, US standards of fair business practice and zero-tolerance for corruption apply. To put it simply, If US business dollars go into and out of the US because of the sport, then US laws apply.

If you're skeptical then see how the DOJ began by first investigating Chuck Blazer, a US national. They didn't stop there. Their main target were the FIFA executives named in the indictment. They left Sepp Blatter out of the initial indictment because of an immediate lack of evidence (or sufficient damning evidence). The DOJ has some time to pit the currently indicted against one another by reaching plea deals in return for cooperation.

DOJ did all of us a favor. This is great for soccer / futbol.

11. orejon4

Sepp's not strong enough to do any real time and I'm sure the mere thought of it made him break out in hives. :cool:

12. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

Wake me up when sepp is forced to 'affiliate' himself with a gang to survive in prison, by beating or killing another inmate just like the poor folk

13. orejon4

I'm envisioning Sepp making a shank out of a toothbrush.

14. CAkicker

Anybody watching the Women's World Cup?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  15. orejon4

Caught a bit of the opening matches on Saturday evening, but was so wiped out from Champions League earlier that day. Going to catch the USA women's team tonight.

16. CAkicker

US mens beats Germany 2-1

Looks like the US will be ready for Gold Cup

17. orejon4

US Women are also holding their own thus far.

18. CAkicker

19. orejon4

Yeah, it was really lousy. And he got punished so harshly because his faking got Cavani banned and the ref couldn't see him giving him the goose.

I'm worried about US women facing Germany. The Frauleins are not playing around this year and have been mowing down their opposition, while the US women have been ekeing out their wins, fighting all the way. An ideal final would be the US v England, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'll be turning my attention to CONCACAF and Wimbledon...

20. CAkicker

US Womens team back in the World Cup final after beating Germany.