The Official Soccer/Futbol Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by LA, Apr 18, 2009.

1. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

Tomorrow Manchester United vs Manchster City

Hopefully United will pull off a win.

2. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

I was shocked by those results. Utd. seem to be on a comeback and have found their footing.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Fix is in!

FIFA Scandal...atrocious. But typical. How can a soccer fan take games seriously now. My dad is turning in his grave.

4. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

I think John Oliver said it best months ago..

[YOUTUBE]DlJEt2KU33I[/YOUTUBE]

5. orejon4

Putting the next Cup in Qatar during the winter was the dumbest idea I have ever heard. The fix was clearly in. I don't think FIFA impacts the domestic game as much as national/continental associations, but they need a housecleaning nevertheless.

6. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Loki, l wish l could view your clip.

I was reading about the FIFA President. He's no fool. He doesnt email or text. He's slimy from what l read.

He was supposed to have been reelected today but there's now postponed that vote.

The UK Daily mail is doing a suberb job covering this scandal.

7. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

How come you cant see it? I think I posted it correctly per the rules. John Oliver is one of my favorite satirists.

8. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

You did it perfect..it's my new phone. I could on my Galaxy. Must email Webbie.

Ps: on a side- note...did you know youre a game champ on here?

9. swirlingnurse

swirlingnurse Member

It is not shocking FiFA is corrupt. When you choose to hold a World Cup in Qatar over the US, something is real wrong. People over there are dying to build those stadiums and people from Nepal who were in Qatar weren't allowed to go home to tend to their families after the earthquake. SMH

10. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Yes I harkened back to many a misspent Saturday night in my youth in video arcades wasting quarters on playing Asteroids, still remembered a few tips!

Last edited: May 31, 2015
  11. Skylight

Skylight Active Member

Good to see the DOJ finally going after FIFA.

If I had to bet, I would say the US wasn't engaging with FIFA on the same level of corruption and kickbacks that Russia and Qatar were. So when the US lost out to the world cup 2022 bid, someone got upset and the DOJ got involved.

FIFA is an extremely corrupt body.

12. orejon4

Did you hear all the delegates who voted for him talking about how much money he spread around in their countries? It was like they were cheerleaders for graft.

13. CAkicker

CAkicker Well-Known Member

Arsenal wins the 2015 FA Cup

14. orejon4

Good for them! They were overdue for some silverware post-Thierry Henry.

15. Skylight

Skylight Active Member

yeah... that's where and how he gets his support base.

16. orejon4

They were proud of it, too.

17. smoothtalk

smoothtalk Member

Champions League final ! :drinkers:

Who wins ?

And orejon4, i saw you rocking a botafogo shirt, did you ever went to Brazil bro?

18. orejon4

Barça all day, barring some heavy-duty surprise from Juve. Nope, I've never been, a buddy brought it back for me. That's just the Brazilian club I support the most (a little Corinthians and Santos too) with the Brazilians in the neighborhood. Have you been? My friends keep saying I need to go, but I'm scared I'd never come back. Lol

Are you as ecstatic as I am that Sepp took his toys and went home? YES!

19. jaisee

jaisee Well-Known Member

With all that flipping and flopping going on, how could anyone ever take soccer games serious?

20. pettyofficerj

pettyofficerj New Member

:smt005