The Official MLB Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Bliss, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Otis

Otis New Member

Opening Day. Can't wait!
    [​IMG]

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Absolutely! :smt045 (vegge dog for this chica)

It's a beautiful day here for our opener. Phillies host the Red Sox in a cpl of hours, so it's not 'official' juust yet for us.

Good Bad luck for your season, cause you are a division rival. :smt033

3. free816

free816 New Member

Mets fan here, I will settle for a winning record Harvey getting back to form young prospects come up in July - August and are as good as I've been hearing

4. Otis

Otis New Member

Yeah, it looks like the East is gift wrapped for the Nats.

And the Bravos are probably a last place team (Hell, I'm surprised the Braves didn't trade Freddie Freeman too)

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Seriously, some of the best games for our fans are with the Mets.

Wait what? The Nats? Not the Braves? Oh boy, definitely going to be paying full attention to the rivals this season.

6. Otis

Otis New Member

Yes. The Nationals. I am not a fan of the Nats, but their team is loaded (pitching). They just might run away with the NL East, unless the Mets or Marlins do something about it.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Well l'm hoping the Phil's don't let that happen two years in a row, and doubt the Braves want a repeat shut out like the divisional loss last season. Nats are the team to beat then, so be it. Let's play ball.:cool:

8. free816

free816 New Member

Nats will be up 10 games by August 1 setting their postseason roster sept 1 coast to a 15 game snooze fest, will win 100 easy Harper stays healthy wins mvp that rotation is very good mets win 87 barely miss out on a wild card
    Philly Braves will stink Marlins hang close till all star break and fade last 3 months,,

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

He'll of a prediction Free. Gawd. Down to the stinkfest? And the Marlins fading?
    Braves have always been a thorn to the Nats, danm near their kryptonite in crucial games (barring last season's NL east game). The Braves problem is they choke come near playoffs.

10. free816

free816 New Member

1-25 best roster in baseball well till Cubs bring all those kids up, scherzer will dominate in the NL he may win 25 ,, Braves took a huge step back this year phils sorry to say either utley or Rollins ends up on DL to old to anchor the 2 most important positions , what does philly farm look like? Mets have a few but knowing our history can't count on them ,, remember milledge dude was suppose to be great gonna stop there b4 I put us back to losing 100 lol

11. Otis

Otis New Member

Love the 1st part of your post(cause it's true--Well....used to be), but it's the bolded part of your post that gives me indigestion! :oops:

(Between me an' you, it true. SSSSSSHHH!)

12. Otis

Otis New Member

Honestly cuz, the Metropolitans should be frisky this year; I got em battlin' the Marlins for 2nd and just might have an outside shot at a wildcard. I don't hate the Mets...as a Bravo fan, I just felt entitled to beat ya (no offense).

My, how the tables have changed. But Atlanta has been kickin' some serious fish ass!

13. SexyBaltimorean

SexyBaltimorean New Member

Let's go O's!! Hoping for a big season this year!!!!

14. SexyBaltimorean

SexyBaltimorean New Member

It freakin' amazes me how the critics keep trying to peg the Nat's as "world series favorites". Let's hope they can live up to this!!

15. free816

free816 New Member

I think Harper finally shakes the injury bug 25-30 bombs 100 rbi, he will hit well over 300, strasburg and scherzer both will dominate,, coast in a easy division put them in the central is a diff ball game,,

16. Otis

Otis New Member

The Nats are favorites because of their pitching. I remain in wait-and-see mode regarding Harper.

To me, the best hitter on that team right now is Anthony Rendon.

17. free816

free816 New Member

They have a great lineup as well,, Zimmerman can't even play everyday, rendon is a baller ( you know your hardball) Harper tho he gets it from the media because of the hype , I'm saying this with him playing 150 games and healthy that happens he blows up mike trout style

18. Otis

Otis New Member

And a lotta Baseball Tonight guys got the O's Winning the division, while 1(I think) has em Winning the whole damn thing. WoW.

19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So which is it? :-o

20. Otis

Otis New Member

Yeah, I watch a lotta ball. And look out for Yunel Escobar (gives the Nats pop at 2nd -- and I've LOVED him since he came up in Atlanta).

Ehhhh, I'm not the biggest Harper fan; I haven't seen him adjust too well to being considered 'The Man' in DC. My opinion is that Ryan Zimmerman handled that role better, but that was before the Nats were getting penciled in as World Series favorites.

[Understand that I see a LOT of Nats & Orioles ball, since I live in the middle of both markets]