The Offensive Awards

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I totally get it too. I just think if either side who chose to accost and intimidate don't like being treated like shit, then stop it.

It's beyond disgusting your friend's friend woukd be followed and abused because of an Obama sticker.

I'm just not used to an America like this ..maybe you are because you grew up here from infancy but I can never get used to it. From both sides. I Feel sick over it.

2. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

In that town... sadly, I can't say I'm suprised. It's like being in a rural area of the dirty south. Yes, it sucks, but I'm totally used to an America where I'm judged from the second someone lays eyes on me. That's a huge reason why I'll live only in/near major cities. It's also why when anyone even hints that it's a level playing field and/or racism/bigotry is dead... It's frustrating and they immediately lose me.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out why they keep picking on Kendall and I'm thinking that she's the only one with the natural beauty that they can't decimate and she seems very soft and sensitive, like if you pick on her she won't fight back.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Omg!! :confused:

MSESPN Pulls Asian Announcer Named Robert Lee Off UVa Game To Avoid Offending Idiots

Posted on August 22, 2017 by Clay Travis - OKTC

[​IMG]

UPDATE: ESPN ISSUES OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON MOVING ROBERT LEE FROM VIRGINIA GAME:

“We collectively made the decision with Robert to switch games as the tragic events in Charlottesville were unfolding, simply because of the coincidence of his name. In that moment it felt right to all parties. It’s a shame that this is even a topic of conversation and we regret that who calls play by play for a football game has become an issue.”

Additionally, I had a conversation with a senior employee at ESPN who wanted to make it clear that this was not a mandate or a demand from the company, that it was a people first decision and that assignments are switched all the time.

In a story that seems made for The Onion, but is actually true, according to multiple Outkick fans inside ESPN MSESPN decided to pull an Asian college football announcer named Robert Lee off the William and Mary at University of Virginia college football game because they were concerned that having an ASIAN FOOTBALL ANNOUNCER NAMED ROBERT LEE would be offensive to some viewers.

Did I mention that Robert Lee is Asian?

Is this even real life anymore? This might even be worse than MSESPN apologizing for the fantasy football slave draft a couple of weeks ago.

To avoid offending left wing idiots Robert Lee, the Asian college football announcer, not the Confederate General who died in 1870 and shares a name with him, was switched to the Youngstown State at Pittsburgh game and Dave Weekley will now call the William and Mary at University of Virginia game.

Unless someone tries to take down Dave Weekley statues between now and kickoff.

In which case ESPN will be royally fucked.

But, seriously, is there anything more pathetic than ESPN believing people would be offended by an Asian guy named Robert Lee sharing a name with Robert E. Lee and calling a football game? Aside from some hysterical photoshops and Internet memes which would make everyone with a functional brain laugh — Robert E. Lee pulling out all the stops to stay in Charlottesville now! — what was the big fear here? Does ESPN really believe people are this dumb or that having an Asian announcer named Robert Lee is too offensive for the average TV viewer to handle?

Yes, yes they do.

I’m sorry you work for such an idiotic company, Robert Lee.

But just to make it clear for everyone out there, the Asian man on the right is not long deceased Confederate General Robert E. Lee. He’s a different person entirely, one that is still alive and did not fight in the Civil War.

And this is Confederate General Robert E. Lee.

[​IMG]

They are not the same person.

Every time I think MSESPN can’t possibly get dumber, they get dumber.

God save us all.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/...bert-lee-off-uva-game-avoid-offending-idiots/

6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

https://twitter.com/karyewest/status/901057314366599169

"Okay ladies now let's gentrification."

[​IMG]

I'm not a Taylor Swift fan, but I disagree with the title of this twitter post and the comments underneath. You can argue she segregated her dancers, but...
    I have also seen black artist do this, It could mean something TOTALLY different as artist use a lot of double meanings and hidden messaging in their songs and videos, or it could really mean NOTHING at all! And for Angela Rye to call this the best tweet of 2017 is disappointing as she is usually smarter when addressing racial issues and less petty. Wait until her video to this song comes out.

7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Woman demands Hobby Lobby stop selling cotton decor because it's 'insensitive' to African Americans
    By Ashley Collman

One woman's post about a cotton display at a Texas Hobby Lobby has sparked backlash on Facebook.

Last Thursday, Daniell Rider took to Facebook to complain about raw cotton decorations for sale at her local Hobby Lobby in Killeen, Texas.

[​IMG]

'This decor is WRONG on SO many levels,' Rider wrote. 'There is nothing decorative about raw cotton... a commodity which was gained at the expense of African-American slaves.'

Rider, who is black, added: 'A little sensitivity goes a long way. PLEASE REMOVE THIS "decor."'

Since then, the post has garnered more than 200,000 comments on Facebook, almost all of them from people who vehemently disagree with Rider.

[​IMG]
    Daniel Rider, pictured.

Many of the commenters were African American like Rider, and said that they don't see what she found offensive about raw cotton.

'As a black person who had ancestors who were slaves and picked cotton, I'm not offended by the use of cotton as decor,' a user named Shanda Coombs wrote.

'It's a product that's both useful and attractive. It's not hateful or insensitive to display it or use it in any way. Let's not get carried away! There are many hateful, bigoted symbols, thoughts and behaviors around us but this isn't one of them!' Coombs added.

Plenty of white commenters pointed out that they or their ancestors had picked cotton too and that they saw the decorations as nice reminder of where they came from.

'My grandfather along with many others raised cotton, family picked it and he delivered it to the gin in town. He and they were not slaves. It was a way many people made a living and produced cotton which clothed people as well as filling their mattresses for comfort in sleeping, I still have two mattresses with cotton he grew and picked,' Mary Lou Ledbetter wrote.

Others said that Rider's reaction to cotton is part of a larger issue of political correctness in America.

'You, dear, are what's wrong with America!!! Not everything equates to slavery. Cotton is still grown by farmers!! Those farmers were not slave owners. Those farmers have machines or workers they pay fair wages to pick their cotton. Please focus your mind on something productive. Like...a hobby. Seeing as you are in Hobby Lobby, find something to paint or craft. Not find dumb crap to post!!' Traci Sherer wrote.

[​IMG]

Since last Thursday, Rider's post has garnered more than 200,000 comments - mostly from people who vehemently disagree with her

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. darkcurry

The info on racism especially nowdays get so blurred and twisted and even whitewashed that people get triggered by the wrong things. I mean slaves were brought here on a ship, does that make ships a bad thing to have. It is the act and the reason that ALWAYS matters, and I can't stress this enough especially, ESPECIALLY the REASON!

9. flaminghetero

flaminghetero Well-Known Member

Come on now

You know EXACTLY why they(BW,WM) keep fucking with her.

She's a young... pretty... successful ....WW that likes Brothers....

Now....if she married a White dude or started denouncing BM...they(BW,WM) would suddenly hold her in high esteem.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  10. darkcurry

The BW would use her as their example of why WW don't truly love BM and WM would act as if they are so offended, but will be in that line to date her.

11. flaminghetero

BW know all about not truly loving BM:D

12. ColiBreh1

So have y'all seen this anti-Black male propaganda piece that Very Moist Brothas, er I mean Very Smart Brothas/The Root put out yesterday that folks have been talking about on social media the last day & a half?:

https://twitter.com/VerySmartBros/status/910239009535873025
    [​IMG]
    http://verysmartbrothas.theroot.com...e-the-white-people-of-black-people-1814157214

@The Dark King @flaminghetero @RicardoCooper @darkcurry @andreboba @JamalSpunky @Beasty @samson1701 @Thump @Bliss

• List
  13. ColiBreh1

[​IMG] I'm 45 minutes into Yvette Carnell's "Breaking Brown" show discussing this article & she has Dr. Tommy J. Curry on as guest. Dude is on fire:

@Luvu2Death @GFunk

• List
  14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Wow! What kind of mental gymnastics did the author of that story do to equate being a black male in America with white privilege?

The emotionally fragile people who write for those sites (Deapspin, Kotaku, Jezebel, The Root, etc) live in a fantasyland where their bullshit internet wisdom means something.

15. flaminghetero

That is some crazy ass shit right there.

Written by a henpecked negro Gunga Din.

16. flaminghetero

**Caller**

"BW have white supremacy on their side...BM do not"

[​IMG]

Brothers are waking up in droves....

The sisterhood plantation AND the white supremacy system that feeds them....is in critical condition.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I don't care what gay dudes do with their own lives, but I don't welcome any opinions about me simply because I'm black and straight. They can go fuck themselves along with the ultra sensitive PC feminine society that gives them the audacity to criticize me for being a straight black Alpha man to begin with.

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I'm sure Gwyneth Paltrow can relate -

Anger at white sorority sisters who sang along to Kanye West's N-word lyric

A University of New Hampshire sorority is facing backlash after some of its white members were filmed shouting the n-word as they sang along to a Kanye West song.

[​IMG]

Members of the Alpha Phi Sorority were shown in the Snapchat footage Tuesday afternoon dancing and singing along to Kanye West's 2005 rap hit 'Gold Digger.'

They belted out to the lyric 'she ain't messing with no broke n****' - and are now facing outrage from critics who accuse them of racism.

[​IMG]

The video was shared to the Facebook page 'All Eyes of UNH,' which is operated by community members at the university who have an 'intent to expose injustices' at the school, according to the 'about' section of the page.

[​IMG]

The post read: 'A member of Alpha Phi Sorority put up this video of girls singing along to Gold Digger by Kanye West on her Instagram story. The girls sing the n-word without thinking of the implications.

'This is a showcase of ignorance and that the Panhellenic Council should do better in combating racism. The first step is addressing willful ignorance. #RacistUNH'

[​IMG]

The post attracted attention from group members and the public alike, who criticized the club and some who also defended their right to free speech.

'This isn't about freedom of speech, it's about making the 92% of white students at UNH more socially aware so that people of color feel more comfortable, welcome and safe at UNH,' one user wrote in the comments section.

'It is literally up to you, the students, to make sure UNH is more welcoming. It doesn't matter how you feel about this song or these girls singing it if you're white, it matters how POC view UNH based off the examples set by its students.'

Another user backed up the girls: 'So your telling me you have never sang along to a song in the car??? Is this really where we are heading? A gust of wind, and all of a sudden its a race issue! It is honestly pathetic that you are trying to make something out of this, stop reaching and focus on yourselves!'

While another added: 'A pretty important part of this argument seems to be getting lost here: There is a large difference between 'saying' the word and 'quoting' the word.

'When a non-black reads 'Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn' we have been taught, and I believe rightly so, not to skip over any of the offensive epithets because they are the words of the author and not your own,' the comment read.

'If anyone is to blame here it should be the artists of these songs, helping desensitize the term on a national scale as America's most popular genre of music.'

The university held a forum this week to address the controversial matter, according to a local NH1 report.

Erika Mantz, UNH Director of Media Relations, told NH1 the girls have not yet been reprimanded, as the incident is being further reviewed.
    'We believe strongly in the right to free speech as recognized by the First Amendment, and we also believe in the right of every member of our community to feel safe and respected,' Mantz said.

'We continue to work to improve our campus culture through education, awareness and action.'

"...She take my money when I'm in need
    Yea she's a trifling friend indeed
    Oh she's a gold digger way over town
    That digs on me
    Now I ain't saying she a gold digger
    But she ain't messing with no broke n*****..."
    Etc.

Edit:
    just noticed a Black guy wrote he loves it and wished he was in the middle of them with a stack of Benjamins, lol.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  19. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

^ Perhaps they don't want the campus Sorority WW liking the genre, because they might start to like BM? Lol...
    l dont think this is an "injustice"...is it? This dilutes the message, IMO.

(Nothing about the misogyny, though.)

20. flaminghetero

Amen Brother Amen!