The Offensive Awards

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Aug 16, 2016.

1. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

^New found respect and admiration for Halsey, I may even go listen some of her music.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Camouflage (camoufler in French) was invented by the French and somewhat the Germans in WW1.You seriously think Black Americans started Camouflage fashion? That fashion style was out 50 years ago in Europe and is a Euro fashion style started by Europeans that the U.S "appropriated".
    Australia was full of camo gear growing up, my cousin and l raided military stores as teens for our pants and high heels style.

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Freedom of thought and speech is dying a slow torturous death. You couldn't pay me to be one of these SJW who can't stand original and non-monolithic thought. I will take unpopularity amongst the hyenas and their lit stakes, over forced bot-thought, any freakin day.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

5. ColiBreh1

6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Just saw it on twitter, they issued apologies, but are still getting dragged. These girls have BAD publicist and PR people, but how in the world with most of these sisters dating rappers, they not know? Now one of the worse things about this is the anti-IR from black women crusade are using it for fuel against black men dating white women. Oh boy.

7. K

K Well-Known Member

Clearly they live in their own lil world and have some people who are outta touch. But.....bet they still end up selling tons of shit. They don't seem to have an issue with controversy...it's made them millions

8. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

And it's mostly their own ignorance, because they don't come off as like some of these bad attitude having, mean, greedy brats. Especially Kylie as she is very engaging with her fans on twitter, and seems to handle her social media accounts in a careful, controversy-free manner.

9. ColiBreh1

A week or 2 ago YouTuber Chyna Fox went off on BM because BM in her comments section were defending YouTuber/Social Media personality/New Orleans School
    teacher Rubia Garcia (AKA as #WhiteBae)

Here is a few videos discussing the controversy:

10. MightyLighty

This was massive stretch/reach...he called Mayweather "boy" but I just can't with DOTD

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  11. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Boxing is boring if it isn't heavyweight. I need my athletes to be tall and huge.

12. MightyLighty

^You petty thing you!

13. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I would have posted this in the movie trailers thread, but I'm putting it here because I honestly don't understand what this person is offended about.

If you can see it, or see what I'm missing?, show me..

This... ‘9/11’ Movie Is Not A Parody, Unfortunately
    We should be offended, as Americans. And humans.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/filmschoolrejects.com/911-trailer-charlie-sheen/amp/

-------
    (The trailer actually looks good.)

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Soooooo....that very low budget made strictly for TV movie looking trailer looks good to you? It makes you want to go see that movie??

15. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

No, l meant as in it looks like a good movie aka storyline. Not a parody or disrespectful as the reporter stated. Do you see it their way? Or are they saying its not on movie theater level?
    What do you think they're meaning?

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

They probably view it as disrespectful due to 9/11 being viewed as an "American Tragedy" that everyone is suppose to come together over and thus if you're going to put time and effort in a movie about it, it better be an Oscar level quality movie, especially if it's getting a theatrical release and doubly so if it's getting a release date around the actual anniversary of 9/11.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

19. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Re-read what I wrote. Nowhere, at no point, did I state that blacks invented camo as a fashion choice. However, now that you've made an issue of it, in America, blacks were first to make camo the "it" thing to wear. And, when I say the "it" thing to wear, I mean like purposely dressed to impress atire. A real fashion statement. I'm talking something you'd wear out to the clubs. Not, something you just throw on because it's comfortable with little to no thought about what you're wearing with it. Nice shoes, not combat boots. Nice shirt. A little jewelry. Hair done up. Cologne/perfu6. The whole nine yards. Blacks back then didn't look like they just came from the firing range, deer hunting or looking like a military wannabe. This was a put together look with swagger to it.

This dates back to the mid-80s in the Detroit area. Possibly earlier in other parts of the country. Whites weren't doing that and had never worn camo like that in this country. Probably the same everywhere else, too. For whites, camo was for hunting, shooting, the military or those who were too lazy to put on a pair of jeans. Nothing more.

I remember hospital scrubs being a thing for a little bit, also. Though, they were never as big as camo. That came, went and never returned. Don't know if it caught on in other parts of the country or was it just a Detroit area thing.

20. ColiBreh1

Have y'all seen the Anti-Lavar Ball agenda the sports media has been pushing since last Friday just because Lavar went off on a female referee while coaching his son LaMelo Ball's AAU team? As if it isn't uncommon for Basketball coaches on all levels (NBA, CBB, & H.S./AAU) to go off on a referee & Lavar doesn't go off on male referees too. Jay Bilas of ESPN just put this propaganda piece out today even though Jay Bilas is just a College Basketball Analyst, NOT a writer:

https://twitter.com/JayBilas/status/892012105787768833
    [​IMG]
    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...crossed-line-funny-carnival-barker-misogynist

[​IMG] look at that keyword in the headline "Dangerous"!!! He might as well have called Lavar a thug while he is at it.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017