The Offensive Awards

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Isnt that what planned parenthood do? Abortions. They don't do mammograms.

2. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Miss USA says she is 'PRIVILEGED' to have healthcare but it should be a right as she backtracks after firestorm over her controversial pageant comments

• After saying that she believed healthcare was a privilege and not a right, McCullough clarified to say that she was 'privileged' to have healthcare
      • 'I do believe that it should be a right and I hope and pray moving forward that healthcare is a right for all worldwide,' said McCullough
      • The representative from the District of Columbia also said she was a supporter of women's right after saying she would 'transpose the word feminism to equalism'
    Hmmm..looks like they got to her, lol.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Not defending them, but I wouldn't say right now it's the left center staged, that would be defending them, nah they share that stage. But I said that because of the immature, narcissist that's in the white house right now that they support.

Plus liberal to them is code word for nigger or niggerlover. Don't believe me speak on racism against black people around conservatives and watch a lot of them call you a liberal for it.

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

One thing that kind of irks me about the divide between liberals and conservatives is the tendency for each side to ignore the people (who they claim to represent) that don't share their beliefs. The truth is there are just as many women who are pro-life as there are women who are pro-choice. Being against abortion is not synonymous with being against women's rights.

5. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

This is true all day. Also... If the person happens to be a black conservative... Then, the n*gger is on "that liberal plantation".

I personally don't feel all white conservative people are inherently racist. However, many of us get to see/experience the plight of minorities get downplayed, if not flat out denied by some conservatives.

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Why would they say a black Conservative is on a "liberal plantation"?

7. DudeNY12

DudeNY12 Well-Known Member

My bad as I didn't clarify. Darkcurry mentioned what the term liberal means to many conservatives, and my post was to say if that conservative happened to be black... he/she would say that the liberal person was on the "liberal plantation".

8. K

K Well-Known Member

Come on, that's not even the majority of what they do.

9. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

So why are they so passionate about de-funding it?

10. MightyLighty

Yeah, but being pro-choice does not eliminate a women's options, being pro-life does.

11. MightyLighty

They don't have to be, being wilfully ignorant is was I would classify the dominant society to be.

12. ColiBreh1

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I've made this argument about 100 times, so here goes 101. Pro-life is NOT about denying rights to women. That's just the way liberals have framed the argument so that anyone (especially men) who have an opposing view come across as sexist, or misogynistic. Women have every right to do with their bodies as they see fit, but a pregnant woman is no longer just one being. Pro-lifers believe pre-born people are living beings and no justification should exist for one living being making a CHOICE for whether another living being lives or not.

14. MightyLighty

Yeah, a fetus seems to not be a living thing deserving of rights unless it is killed by anyone but mother against her will. A fetus doesn't have personhood status if the mother decides she wants an abortion, but if she's murdered along with the fetus, the perpetrator would get charged with double homicide. This is not a consistent application of the law.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I never quite understood the way that works. You'd think a defense attorney whould have brought that up in a murder trial at some point.

16. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Daily Show is accused of transphobia for tweeted joke suggesting that 'Donald Trump may announce he is now Donna Trump'
    • The show last night asked viewers to pick what would be Thursday's big news
    • Options to answer on Twitter included 'Trump uses Constitution as KFC napkin'
    • Another said: 'Donald Trump announces he is now Donna' - this caused outrage
    The Daily Show has been accused of transphobia for joking that Donald Trumpmay transition into a woman.

The show tweeted a joke last night which asked viewers to pick what would be Thursday's big news.

Its options were: 'Trump uses Constitution as a KFC napkin, Comey drops a complete "visual album", Ivanka requests immunity', and 'Donald Trump announces he is now Donna Trump.'

[​IMG]

The Daily Show hosted by Trevor Noah (pictured) has been accused of transphobia for joking that Donald Trump may transition into a woman
    [​IMG]

Social media users were quick to denounce the joke, which was posted on On International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia & Biphobia.

One said: 'Transgender people are not punchlines' while another added: 'C'mon guys, using trans people as a punchline was hacky twenty years ago.'

One outraged viewer said: 'Thanks for reminding us that transphobia is still a culturally acceptable punchline!'

And a trans person wrote: 'I am trans and think that anytime you make a joke like that it only leads to discrimination, because hey, we're a joke, right?'

The Daily Show has not commented on the tweet which has now been removed

..Example of The Left eating the Left..
    To see more of the SM backlash..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4518718/Daily-accused-transphobia.html

17. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

College Student Publicly Apologizes For Wearing “Offensive And Hurtful” Blackhawks Jersey
    By Sports Mockery -

May 16, 2017

...Cody Albrecht, a Blackhawks fan and student at Bethel Universtiy, recently issued a formal apology to his class, and professor, after choosing to wear an official Blackhawks jersey to class.

His professor took to FB..which he then deleted..
    [​IMG]
    Albrecht issued a formal apology, after meeting with the Social Work department, to the class and Professor Jacobs. He reportedly declined to comment on the incident citing “the reconciliation that has been done” between himself, the professor and the class according toThe College Fix.

http://sportsmockery.com/2017/05/co...-wearing-offensive-hurtful-blackhawks-jersey/

18. ColiBreh1

So no discussion on yesterday's controversy between Lavar Ball & Kristine Leahy from FS1?

19. MightyLighty

^That belongs in another thread...loooool

20. Rochiebabes86

Rochiebabes86 Well-Known Member

Dont they have to answer those questions off the cuff? Or did she get to prepare.. maybe she just blurted out privilege and had to stick with that answer?