The Offensive Awards

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bliss, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Once again, miss me with your silly attempt to box me. Nowhere did l say l endorses this. I posted it so kiss my ass on the bolded.

Again, it's become impossible to have any sort of discussion with you. anymore because the first thing you jumped to, was to accuse ME.

I clearly stated l was undecided and asked for others thoughts ON THE ISSUE, but you decided to write a whole false POV on what I apparently support or dont.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Allison Williams is getting "slammed" on social media for racially insensitive joke at MTV Movie Awards

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...o=social-twitter_dailymailceleb#ixzz4gVJQecoU

"The actress pretended to open the sketch on a flirty note, telling her co-star it was 'bittersweet' to present the Best Kiss award with him because their characters never kissed... The 37-year-old actor only responded with a terse: 'Mm-mm', side-eyeing the actress and edging away from her... In response to his behavior, Williams asked Howery if he was scared of her, at which point the actor said he was 'afraid'... The actress then deplored that this scenario 'kept happening' after Get Out's release, with Howery telling her: 'Black dudes don't mess with you'."

That is when the actress wondered what she could to get back his trust - and, the sketch seemed to imply, that of the black community at large.

As the joke continued, Williams offered three different steps she thought she could take to show her appreciation of black people.

One of her proposed solutions was to make it illegal for people to ask 'Can I touch your hair?' - and was met with Howery's disapproval.

The actress then suggested replacing George Washington's face on Mount Rushmore with Denzel Washington's, earning another no from her co-star.

Her third proposal consisted in saying she would try to bring Beyonce's Lemonade onto Spotify instead of its current platform, Jay Z's Tidal.

Howery agreed with that option, ending the sketch, and leaving viewers baffled by the skit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The only thing I found wrong here was the "joke" was done awkward. Any joke done awkwardly, sounds off.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  3. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

4. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

I replayed it like 10 times..was she saying, "stick-ass"?
    I think when you can't make out the word definitively, you shouldn't accuse.

It reminds me of the time when all this sensitivity stuff started to gain traction..
    Hallmark had released a galaxy-themed Graduation card that played on Black Holes ( which were actually in the news at the time.)

Unfortunately for them, a local NAACP -' at the urging from complaints from some black women online -- held a press conference to condemn the Company for recording a card warning graduates of, "Black Ho's".

The complaint swiftly disappeared when they were corrected that they got it completely wrong.The NAACP bigwigs were mortified l"m sure, lol.

Here is the News report..
    *(keep in mind the fun card had been selling for THREE YEARS! and never had one complaint)

http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/naacp-calls-out-hallmark-over-graduation-greeting

5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So l saw this on a black centric media site and the readers all but agree that she is saying...
    "Whats up, mother fuckaaaas".
    This is a non-story by the bait-click media.

6. ColiBreh1

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Uh oh. Apology coming in 2,3,1..

8. ColiBreh1

She's a black conservative, ain't no apology coming. I saw a lot of BM praising her for her anti-feminism comments & white conservatives defending/caping for her.

9. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

So she covers all bases. Conservatives, Men and BW.
    Each could say something negative and positive about her. She's perfect. She actually is a melting pot of all that is good and bad going on within the Country right now.
    Really liking her.

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  10. MightyLighty

MightyLighty Well-Known Member

^Bliss, you don't believe in women's rights?

11. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Of course l do.

12. darkcurry

Judges still picked her though, so... either they were open minded or conservatives themselves.
    Ashley Graham congratulated her and praised her for speaking her mind.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. darkcurry

But remember Trump said Australia has better healthcare than we do. They have universal healthcare, so she... oh goodness. I don't know what to say anymore. LOL!! Oh boy.

14. ColiBreh1

I don't agree with MISS USA on healthcare at all, she's on her own on that one. Only right-wingers co-sign her healthcare stance.

15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The idea that healthcare isn't a right is maddening. How can people with more than five brain cell think that having a gun is a right but having a doctor isn't?

16. darkcurry

I'm neither left or right, but a lot of right-wingers sound batshit crazy. It's like if they lived in the movie 1984 they would both like and hate it.:confused:

17. MightyLighty

Well con-servatives don't, why would any well meaning women support them?

18. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Have you noticed the Left-wingers behavior lately? Lol
    Both sides have had their crazy and right now it's the Left, center-stage.

Not sure where you're getting that from, unless you're confusing pro-life with women's Rights. Conservative covers a diverse belief interest as does the Left's views.
    Could you elaborate on what Women's Rights they don't believe in?

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  19. MightyLighty

Planned Parent etc If they had their way, abortion would be banned etc

20. JUANMACKER

JUANMACKER Active Member

Her writers are really terrible...