The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. samson1701

Wait, what?
    [​IMG]

4. samson1701

5. SilverSmith

Welcome to Castle Rock, y'all. From Stephen King & J.J. Abrams, the Hulu original series based on the Stephen King universe premieres July 25.

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Captain Lance is leaving Arrow:

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

The writing for the CW DC shows is trash now. I can barely watch entire episodes now.

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I'm glad it isn't just me, I cant sit through Flash or Arrow without falling asleep.

9. The Dark King

Yup exactly. Same goes for Supergirl and Black Lightning. I'm tired of the over altruistic hero who is welling to let innocent people die in order to preserve some nonsense virtue. Every show has a villain that's killing a ton of innocent people but they'd rather let the villain live and appeal to their "humanity" as they slaughter innocent people. The sad thing is both Arrow and Flash started out so promising. It's like all shows can't get beyond 3 seasons without becoming trash.

10. orejon4

orejon4 Well-Known Member

The DC universe could never hold my attention growing up, either. Between the Netflix series and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Marvel is eating DC's lunch. The only miss Marvel has is 'The Inhumans'.

11. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Coming Soon: DC Universe Video Streaming Service

May 3, 2018

A new streaming service from DC and Warner Bros will be called DC Universe, and it'll be the place to see a new Swamp Thing TV series .

The planned Netflix-style digital streaming service doesn't have a launch date yet, but we do know that it'll include new animated shows focusing on Harley Quinn and the Young Justice: Outsiders team of junior superheroes. Continuing the youthful theme, it'll also be the home of a live action Titans show uniting junior characters like Batman's sidekick Robin.

James Wan, director of DC's forthcoming Aquaman movie, will produce the live action Swamp Thing show. Created in 1971 by Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson, the plant-based tragic hero was previously the subject of two movies and a TV series in the 1980s and 90s.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Source: Cnet.com

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  12. orejon4

Oh snap! They've got my true love, Hannah John-Kamen of "Killjoys"!!!!

13. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I can dig it!

[​IMG]

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. SilverSmith

Diggin' it too.
    The poster is quite captivating. I'm super stoked to see the pilot episode.

16. orejon4

Is this for real? At the risk of sounding like an old fogey, what the hell is Freeform? A new Netflix-like application/website?

17. The Dark King

It used to be ABC family homie

18. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

It's a Television network. Kind of a new one.

19. orejon4

#OldFogey Awesome. I hadn't heard of it. I wonder who is in charge of development and choosing projects/titles for Marvel.

20. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

No, it's not a new network. ABC Family changed their name to & rebranded themselves as Freeform a couple years ago. According to the Hollywood news media, they did it to ditch the wholesome family perception of the network.

Here are a couple articles:

http://tvline.com/2016/01/09/abc-family-freeform-name-change-dvr-issues/

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/freeform-tom-ascheim-abc-family-1201675862/

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List