The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Now that would have been something.

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

They could easily slide an aging Wesley as Blade into the MCU and have him pass on the character mantle to a younger actor. Similar to how they first transitioned the original comic version Blade into the Snipes movie version, do a story featuring Morbius the Living Vampire (Spider-Man sequel if not MCU Blade reboot). Morbius being a science created rather than traditional supernatural vampire, bites Blade during the final battle of the story and Blade's half vampire DNA has an "allergic" reaction to Morbius' artificial vampire bite literally regenerating his cells and resetting his appearance back to a younger in his prime Blade.

Yeah, plenty of other characters he could take a stab at if he doesn't actually end up being Blade. He could be saying he has no interest in order to keep under wraps exactly what character he could be playing if/when the time comes.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Agreed with everything you said, bro. Aren't they passing Wolverine's mantle over too?

If it's true they are bringing BLADE back the proper introduction into MCU would be in DeadPool's Universe especially since Ryan Reynolds said THIS about Blade

https://www.cbr.com/reynolds-reveals-how-deadpool-owes-its-existence-to-blade-trinity/

And the two people I believe that would make a perfect BLADE are

Omari Hardwick
    [​IMG]

Or if we are going younger
    Robert C. Riley from Dynasty
    [​IMG]

4. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Do either have martial arts experience. What made the original so dope was Snipes was a skilled martial artist. That's what also made the one on Spike tv suck that sticky fingerz couldn't pull it off.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

6. darkcurry

I don't know. But I'm pretty sure they could train to learn enough, plus you have to factor in stuntman. That combination of training and stuntman should be enough. I wouldn't recommend going full Wesley Snipes version with it.

Plus Omari was in a martial arts action flick called Redemption that apparently never got released.

7. The Dark King

That feels like watering it down

8. darkcurry

That is how it usually is with actors splitting time with their stuntman. Even Wesley himself had a stunt double in Blade.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0285047/

In fact he has been Wesley's stunt double in other films as well.

9. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Wakanda takes center stage in this sneak peek.

10. The Dark King

What are they chanting. God I love Wakanda

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Why does Marvel insist on showing eleven thousand clips of their movies before they come out? I want to watch every clip, but I'd rather have fanboy blue balls for the next two and a half weeks and go into the actual movie without knowing everything.

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

You feel like you know too much? Well who is going to die?

13. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The weird thing about me is that I'm as geeked to see character interactions as I am to see battle scenes. So all these clips of characters getting acquainted feels as much of a spoiler as the reveal of who dies. (even money says it's Iron-Man)

Speaking of character interactions here are the ones I desperately want to see.

1. Spider-Man and The Hulk
    2. Shuri and Iron-Man
    3. Black Panther and Dr. Strange (Illuminati?)
    4. Groot and The Hulk
    5. Rocket and Everybody
    6. Black Widow and Gamora
    Bonus: Hot Aunt May and Hot Romonda (Black Panther's mother)

14. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Groot and the Hulk is one that I anticipate. Shuri and Ironman: lots of geek talk like Stark is with Banner. Lol @ rocket and everybody! I feel you on that.

I doubt you'll feel the same once you are there for the movie. You're going to be just as pumped as everyone else.

Interesting post. You actually have me more stoked than I already was.....lol

15. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

16. darkcurry

"The Olympics... maybe even starbucks." lol. Can't wait for this movie!

17. SilverSmith

Marvel Studios has announced that BP will arrive on home video in May.
    The film will be released digitally, on 4K, and streaming on May 8, followed by its Blu-ray release on May 15.

18. darkcurry

19. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Above is a new featurette which showcases the Netflix reboot of the sci-fi series Lost in Space.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  20. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

After this week's episode of "Black Lightning" (Which is the 2nd-to-last episode of the season), I can definitely say @The Dark King quit too early on the show

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018