The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

I think it is more a credit to Black Panther than a mark against Last Jedi, because it did not have nearly the fan base that Star Wars does. People were going to go see Last Jedi just based on the fact it was a Star Wars movie. Black Panther had its fan base but compared to the Star Wars fan base it probably much smaller. I think that it actually helped the movie that a lot people really did not know the character. Plus the story resonates so well with so many across so many groups.

Last Jedi was the # 6 grossing film in the US all time before Black Panther, so that was not too shabby, the only star wars film to make more is the force awakens currently sitting at number 1, plus Last Jedi still has about $100 million on Black Panther total box office and getting their might be difficult. That being said Black Panther has a real shot to move into the #4 spot in the US which is currently occupied by Jurassic World.

US Senator Chris Murphy(CT) take a group of youth group volunteers to see the film.
    [​IMG]

2. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

Well the word is The Last Jedi was more feminist Mary Sue garbage and they ended up cucking Luke Skywalker, while Black Panther was just that good, so I'd say both. Honestly I'm afraid to even watch The Last Jedi

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Marvel just released some news on Captain Marvel which began production today.

The Synopsis: The story follows Danvers as she becomes one of the universe’s most powerful heroes when Earth is caught in the middle of a galactic war between two alien races. Set in the 1990s, it is an all-new adventure from a previously unseen period in the MCU.

https://twitter.com/MarvelousRealm/status/978325088599670785

Two #GuardiansOfTheGalaxy[​IMG] stars will make their return in #CaptainMarvel!

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/03...-pace-djimon-hounsou-guardians-of-the-galaxy/

[​IMG]

Also Coulson will return as well.
    [​IMG]

4. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

So I guess he returns because at this point in the time line he isn't dead yet.

5. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

New character posters of Avengers: Infinity War.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

BP is a juggernaut, but I kind of think the fact that The Last Jedi made $300 million dollars less then The Force Awakens and most of their merchandise is still sitting on store shelves, I think it's fair to say some of that might be on them.

7. Frederick

Frederick Well-Known Member

I tuned out of The Force Awakens when Rey made a big show of slapping the brother's hand away during the first chase scene. I got no interest in anything Star Wars related outside of the standalone anthology movies. I'll wait for reviews from trusted sources though.

8. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

Binge-watching season 3 is on my list of things to do.

9. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

New international poster featuring Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds), Domino (Zazie Beetz) and Cable (Josh Brolin).

10. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I'm watching this Supernatural/Scooby-Doo crossover episode right now:

[​IMG] Dean is gonna put himself in a #MeToo situation if he don't stop trying to get at Daphne so hard.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

That shit was lit. The only thing missing was a bowl of cereal and my footy pajamas. ...LOL!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. samson1701

[​IMG]

13. SilverSmith

[​IMG]

DC Comics has unveiled the cover of Batman #50, the issue in which Batman and Catwoman's long awaited wedding will take place. Due out on July 4.

14. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Holy crap, I thought this was real for a minute.

15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

You're both weird af lol

16. samson1701

Don't hate 'cause you're too young to appreciate dope Saturday morning nostalgia.

Also, never forget ...

[​IMG]

17. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Lol

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Scooby is awesome when you're buzzed.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

John Boyega In Talks with Marvel: Doesn’t Want to be MCU Blade

[​IMG]

John Boyega has ‘been in talks with Marvel Studios’ but he is still adamant that he is not the man to take on the role of Blade. The Star Wars and Pacific Rim Uprising star recently addressed the possibility of him entering the Marvel Cinematic Universe during an appearance at Awesome Con in Washington DC. Over the last month, fans have enjoyed speculating on whether the 26-year-old would be taking on the role of Marvel’s Blade. And it was pretty expected that a fan would ask him about those Blade reports at the conventions.

So when an attendee, dressed up as Blade, asked the Half of A Yellow Sun star about whether or not he might take on the role, he was pretty clear about where he stood. John said it would be a ‘spit in the face of Wesley [Snipes] if I took Blade.’ He added he was ‘all for Wesley [Snipes] playing Blade.’ However, according to Bounding Into Comics, John revealed he has talked to Marvel Studios about joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But according to their report, John was very ‘adamant’ any superhero role he would be taking on would be ‘way down the line, and most likely wouldn’t be happening in the near future.’

Only last month, the producer debunked any rumours of his involvement with Marvel or DC in an interview with his older sister and blogger Blessing Boyega. ‘We have been seeing some pictures on the internet saying that you might be part of DC or Marvel,’ Blessing said referring to fan mock-ups of John in a superhero costume. ‘Nope,’ John responded resoundingly. ‘I’m not a part of DC or Marvel.’ He added: ‘I love what’s going on right now. You know what’s going on with Marvel but I’m happy being just an audience watcher right now. Like, I’m fulfilled. I love what I am seeing. John also recently announced that he is ‘100%’ interested in using inclusion riders in his production company. The Detroit star wants his company Upper Room to take on the contract addendums that requires studios to hire a diverse crew and/or cast on a particular project in the future because they’re ‘fantastic.’ Speaking to BBC about Pacific Rim Uprising, his first production credit, he said: ‘We are redefining and reshaping the industry at the moment.’

‘A lot of the secret rules of Hollywood are unfounded and unlawful so to start including them [inclusion riders] makes our industry better. ‘Those who wish to defy [using inclusion riders], they’re held accountable. So for me, I love that it’s happening.’

20. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I think Boyega is being silly by saying taking over the role would "spit in Wesley's face" Blade doesn't belong to Wesley Snipes any more than Spider-Man belonged to Tobey Maguire or James Bond belonged to Sean Connery. Wesley Snipes is too old to be Blade, he should publicly pass the mantle, I'm sure he would secure a cameo role in the movie.

Having said that I'd rather see Boyega play Patriot. If it's true that Captain America (Chris Evans) is dunzo after Avengers 4 Introducing another "Captain America" would be an intriguing concept.

Or maybe he could go for his first bad guy role and he could play a Black Panther Villain for BP2.