The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Exactly. They can literally never be happy because if they get the film they want its going to get far less support and they'll say its black men yet again not supporting black women. I got the same bs for not wanting to watch Wrinkle in Time. I just don't want to support the deliberate erasure of black men and boys. There's no black dad or and definitely not a black male love interest. It happens far too often not to be deliberate so I gracefully remove myself from the equation.
    They are going to pit this film against BP and its not going to do half the numbers and all we're going to hear for at least a month straight is how racist and misogynistic everyone is.

2. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

The depth of serious analysis about TBP by the media blows my mind.lol

End of the day, this was another dang comic book movie.

I hope Hollywood finally recognizes there's an audience for Black themed, action melodramas. If the movie is done right, Black people can make any movie a $200+ million mega hit.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Well there is no black love interest because Ava also turned it into a IR film. I don't have a problem with that, I just know of the double standard that comes with that. But there are black men in the movie. One of them is David Oyelowo who plays a man named "It". lol.

The other is actor André Holland. Who plays the principal.
    [​IMG]

Not sure if they have big roles, but this movie's relationships are black women and white men Interracial, so I wouldn't say they are erasing black men their just not any main character.

But as I have said before with the double standard watch the difference with the media machine with this IR film versus Cloak and Dagger this summer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. darkcurry

^^ So far no boycott making it's way around the internet for A Wrinkle In Time. Gee I wonder why that is. lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. darkcurry

Speaking Of André Holland he is starring in a new show coming to Hulu From Stephen King and J.J. Abrams called Castle Rock

6. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Rick Famuyiwa To Direct Netflix's Superhero Vigilante Film PAST MIDNIGHT; Keanu Reeves In Talks To Star

[​IMG]

Netflix has found success with a slew of small-screen superheroes, but now it is moving into the movie realm. I hear the SVOD service has ordered Past Midnight, a feature about a new kind of vigilante superhero, and is hoping to sign Keanu Reeves to star.

The film is written by TJ Fixman and is to be directed by Dope director Rick Famuyiwa and produced by Anthony and Joe Russo, directors of Captain America and Avengers: Infinity War. I hear the deals for these guys have been done and the team is hopeful that John Wick and star Reeves will come on board.

Details of the plot are being kept under wraps, but it is being described as a new type of vigilante superhero story. If Reeves does star, it won’t be his first time at the vigilante rodeo, having starred in two John Wick movies with a third kicking off this year.
    Netflix won out on the script in a hot contest, and the film is the latest feature project for rising stars Fixman and Famuyiwa. Fixman is an interesting character: From a video game background, he has sold film projects including One Night on the Hudson to Universal, with Mary Parent producing, Seth Gordon directing and Jason Sudeikis and Charlie Day attached, as well as The Lost for New Line/21 Laps, and Gargoyles for Disney with Lauren Schuler-Donner producing. Fixman also was involved in Sony Animation’s take on Popeye and consulted for Hasbro on a number of its film, TV and digital projects.

Meanwhile, earlier this week, Famuyiwa signed on to write and direct New Regency and Plan B’s fantasy thriller Black Hole, based on Charles Burn’s graphic novel. The movie is set in the Pacific Northwest in the 1970s and follows a group of teenagers who contract a mysterious sexually transmitted disease that causes physical mutations. He also directed the first episode of Showtime’s The Chi and has written and directed The Wood, Brown Sugar and Our Family Wedding as well as HBO’s Confirmation.

8. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The first trailer for the sixth season.

9. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

http://tvline.com/2018/03/02/jessica-alba-cast-bad-boys-spinoff-nbc-pilot-nancy-mckenna/

Jessica Alba to Play Gabrielle Union's Partner in NBC's Bad Boys Spinoff

[​IMG]

Can we start calling this project Bad Girls?

Jessica Alba will team up with Gabrielle Union to star in NBC’s untitled Bad Boysspinoff, TVLine has learned. Alba will play Nancy McKenna, an Army veteran and detective who’s the partner of Union’s lead character Syd Burnett. (Alba will also serve as an executive producer on the series.) After spending much of the past decade in Iraq and Afghanistan, Nancy is now raising two preteen stepkids with her husband.

Union will reprise the role she played in the big-screen 2003 blockbuster Bad Boys II, starring Will Smith and Martin Lawrence. (Syd was a DEA undercover operative and the sister of Lawrence’s character Marcus.) Original film producer Jerry Bruckheimer is onboard as an executive producer of the new series, which earned a pilot order back in October.

This marks the first series-regular role for Alba since she starred in the James Cameron-produced sci-fi drama Dark Angel that ran on Fox from 2000 to 2002. Since then, she’s starred in films like Fantastic Four, Sin City and Machete and made appearances on Entourage, The Office, The Spoils of Babylon and Barely Famous.

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Acting is her side job now, she is the CEO of a company worth $1.7 Billion, she has a personal worth of $350 million.

11. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

To actually post something that has to do with the topic, I saw Panther and LOVED IT, LOVED IT, LOVED IT. Paid full price for 3D and honestly would pay extra. It was just that good. For me it knocks "Cap: Winter Soldier" off the #2 spot (the 1st Iron Man is the OG emeritus #1 position for me). Blows away Iron Man 2 & 3, all three Thors, both Guardians, Doc Strange, and Ant-Man. Right up there with Avengers and Civil War with only ONE HERO IN IT. Incredible stuff. Sci-fi, super-hero, fantasy and urban drama all in one. The black man is the undisputed star of the movie with no undermining, buck-breaking, gay agenda. The black women were LOYAL TO THEIR KING AND DID NOT TRY TO UNDERMINE OR USURP HIS POSITION. They WORKED TOGETHER EQUALLY. Oh and it became a James Bond movie 30 minutes in (the little sister is Q), then shifted back to a super-hero movie. In MCU continuity, Cap was in Wakanda and organically could have been a guest star, but Coogler and Marvel chose not to have Mighty Whitey bail out T'Challa. Class move, class all around. Oh and the dark-skinned girl gets her King at the end. Just wow. Will see it at least one more time in theaters to add to the grosses. This should have been in Nerdz Lounge, but whatever. :D

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

BP was fantastic but I still have to give the MCU top spot to Civil War. That airport scene was everything my ten year old self imagined in a live-action comic book movie.

My top 5

Captain America: Civil War
    Black Panther
    Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    Spider-Man Homecoming
    Thor Ragnarok

13. RicardoCooper

Fair enough bro. Civil War is one of my faves. No Iron Man in your Top 5? I guess you're Team Cap (like me)!

14. The Dark King

Wow. Met her husband a few years ago. Dude has got it made with a wife earning like that.

15. darkcurry

I just don't see this movie working as a television show, but since it is two female leads who are very famous it will keep viewers for awhile. I don't know, I'm going to have to wait for a trailer, because it's just not peaking my interest.

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

1) Winter Soldier
    2.) Black Panther
    3.) Iron Man 1
    4.) Civil War
    5.) The Dark Knight

17. The Dark King

Solid
    Civil War would be my third over Iron Man

18. The Dark King

You are such a complicated character lol. Agree with everything here. Saw it twice already

19. RicardoCooper

Top 5 MCU Movies
    1) Iron Man (OG status, set in stone)
    2) Black Panther
    3) Cap: Winter Soldier
    4) Cap: Civil War
    5) Avengers

20. The Dark King

Should Iron Man really get number 1 just cause it was first? The second Superman Movie was better than the first. The second Batman movie was better than the first same with Terminator. Obadiah was cartoonish AF. Horrible villain and a hero is only as interesting as their villain.