The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Static WOULD be their spider-man, but he will have the spider-man box office success which is what they are not looking for, they're looking for that Marvel success. I know it's basically a long shot but I truly believe Val-Zod could have that affect close to Black Panther, because we have been waiting for a black superman and they finally gave it to us in Earth 2 #19 and was their second biggest comic selling for Earth 2 issues in the past 4 years. (01/2014: Earth 2 #19 -- 36,103 copies sold.)
    And that's even with fans not liking how softly the fight between him and Brutaal was. He is still one of the top cosplay choices among black male fans at comic-con before the black panther mania. He is basically a gem waiting to happen. But they obviously would have to find a way to bring Earth 2 to the DC Cinematic Universe. Earth 2 #19 could make a dope movie if the right changes are made to it.(like not make him so soft. lol.)

Gem waiting to happen.(except for the sistas. lol.)

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

None of these other shows stand a chance because its not just the character but the world that's built around him that made BP so amazing. The side characters were handled with such detail and such care not to mention Marvel does a better job of making their heroes and villains multi dimensional in a way DC never has. Spider Man lets a thief get away and as a result he loses his uncle. You have villains like Kilmonger who you struggle with looking at like a villain. Everything in DC is very cartoonish outside of the Frank Miller stuff.

DC better just stick to tv and cartoons. They suck at films.

3. darkcurry

They just need a new team. Which is why they have a chance if they gravitate towards Earth 2 superheroes and villians. A long shot, but if they broke it up into two Universes, DCEU 1 and DCEU 2. They are already making changes in the front office.

https://screenrant.com/dceu-production-chantal-nong/
    WB Names New DCEU VP of Film Production

4. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Netflix Re-Imagines Lost in Space.
    The 10-episode drama / sci-fi series will begin streaming April 13th.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  5. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah DC has never really understood how to make anything work outside of Batman? Maybe its time to pay Nolan whatever he wants and pray he saves them.

6. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

7. The Dark King

8. The Dark King

With standing the success of Wonder Woman (which I still think is over hyped garbage) they can't make anything work part of it to me is the characters are so cartoonish which is why they work better in cartoon form. There is nothing relatable about Superman he's played out and the my morality is more important than lives gimmick is played out. Same with Batman and the gun thing is also getting played out. If we're being honest the last two Batman movies were great because the villains were great not batman I simply can't root for a rich white guy who goes around beating up poor people because he's dealing with childhood trauma. All those criminals he's kicking the shit out of also had childhood trauma only difference is they don't have the money for tech and skills and a socially acceptable class of people to take it out on. Superhero movies are becoming more than just beating up the bad guy and DC simply can't evolve quick enough.

9. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

DC'S 'NEW CHALLENGERS

02/22/18

DC Comics will revisit the Challengers of the Unknown in a new miniseries. New Challengers is written by Scott Snyder and Aaron Gillespie and illustrate by Andy Kubert and Klaus Janson. Kubert provides covers for the first issue of the six-issue series, which will be in stores on May 16. The first issue sports a foldout cover.

New Challengers sports a new cast of five misfit superheroes led by the mysterious Professor to execute deadly missions in various corners of the multiverse. The series draws from the universe of the original Challengers of the Unknown, which debuted in 1957, and spun out of the recent Dark Nights: Metal event.

Source: ICv2

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I think one thing that hasn't been mentioned enough by people is what do actual Africans think about Black Panther?

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Now that's the type of black movies I want to see from now on! Black Panther was great!!

12. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

I'm dying!!

13. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one concerned at the amount of people who think Killmonger was the real hero?

Our people are lost.

14. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

Not really people love a good villain....Loki, Joker, Magneto, Darth Vader....its nothing new. Magneto probably swings the closest to Killmonger.

My problem with WW is they took out the most interesting stuff ie the Amazons aren't special in comics they never go down to modern guns much less WWI weapons and they killed all the gods who cause most of the interesting conflicts for WW....I will never understand the obsession with Ares...he is a joke in Greek mythology.

Yeah that is my issue with Batman as well he he is a billionaire surely he could do more to clean up Gotham using his money...or taking out the Rich People causing the real problems. Superman though is suppose to be more inspirational....ie trying to make him normal defeats the point of having Superman.

And come on Cyborg? He was never going to match up to Black Panther.

15. darkcurry

Man Of Steel had those kind of villians with Zod and Faora if you remember their speeches about earth.
    [​IMG]

Wonder Woman was trying to be anti-WWII. One thing I did like about Dawn Of Justice was they exposed the problem with both super heroes and absolute power. One of the best quotes came out of that movie "Power corrupts. And absolute power corrupts absolutely." They just fell flat in writing after a strong start with the Man Of Steel villains. As I said a changes in the front office and in the writing room can help some and whoever the next villain is can still be a game changer. But they will never be in competition with Marvel unless they bring out Earth 2 who has WAY better and fresher super heroes and villains.

16. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

**Spoilers**

People identify with Killmonger because they assume if they lived in a world where he succeeded with his plan, they would be beneficiaries of his New World Order. In reality, they would most likely be one of the millions of people who would die in the wars that would result from a Wakandan invasion. Even if they survived the invasion, how many people would really want to live as the forced subjects of an African Monarch who has admittedly killed his own "brothers and sisters" without hesitation?

The fantasy disconnect is the same reason people like zombie stories, it's because they assume that if a zombie apocalypse happened they would be a survivor, but realistically they would most likely be one of the millions of undead.

17. darkcurry

He represents their anger. His problem with oppression is ours, but his solution only benefits him and those around him. It would lead to most likely just a role reversal on racism and black supremacy would then be real. "Power corrupts. And absolute power corrupts absolutely."

18. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The way I see it, a certain amount of people should like the villain. That's how you know the story has good writing. Even real life villains are liked sometimes.

19. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The ant and wasp movie may be worth going to see. It looked good in the 3d trailer, the Jerussic world 3d movie looked even more intriguing tho.

20. The Dark King

Because he wasn't wrong