The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

They should put her with a Black guy for that very reason.:cool: Fuck em.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

All the Hoteps & Anti-IR sect of the Black Community who have a problem with this movie can just shut the fuck up, just like the butthurt fanboy sect, because no one is paying attention to anything they have to say....

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Bliss

Bliss Well-Known Member

Actor Chadwick Boseman's personal perspective on the hiring of (Black) Director Ryan Coogler...

Q. Does he think a White director could have done as good a job? Boseman told Variety:

“Well, is it possible for them to make it? It could be, yes. Would they have his perspective, like the perspective [Coogler] brought to the movie? Probably not. It wouldn’t be nuanced in the same way because they don’t have the same conflict. They don’t have the African-American conflict that always exists: whether you’re conscious of it or not, you have an ancestry that’s very hard to trace. And then, going to the continent and meeting a person that’s African. In order to do this, you have to find ways to make those connections, especially because the character is coming from that place. They know exactly who they are, who their ancestors are. Would a White director understand that? Those nuances of American, African-American, African? I’m not sure. But I think it’s an important part of this movie.”

6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Finally got a chance to see it earlier today. I tried to go at the earliest, but even the theatre I was in got sold out. It lives up to the hype imo. Very well made. I won't give spoilers, but I will say this they set him up nicely going into Avengers: Infinity War. Which I hope to see more of Shuri in. I loved her. Scene stealer.

I love how this is breaking box office records all over the world as well. $387 Million world-wide $218 Million domestically. Which shows again Hollywood creates these myths. Just like they do with IR between bm/ww. The racism comes from Hollywood, not the audiences. That's why we see these racist fanboys and fangirls creating fake accounts of being attacked by black people for seeing Black Panther. The racist out there that DON'T like to see this happening in Hollywood are DESPERATE!

7. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who got gassed up with the thought of what might have been after seeing Angela Bassett with white hair? ...lol

8. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

you mean the fact she should have been storm yeah.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

This straight-up awesome, large poster for Batman Ninja renders me speechless. I'm convinced it will deliver beyond my expectations.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  11. samson1701

From what I remember reading, they offered it to her and she turned then down. Not sure how true that is. But, it's what I heard back in the day.

Remember, this is back before superhero movies where taken as seriously as they are now. So, it could be true.

Or not ...

12. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Doubtful. This was after seeing how successful Blade was. They offered to Hallie because she won the Oscar and had bigger name recognition

13. darkcurry

Another example of an fragile feminist, blowing things out of proportion, seeing past facts because they are so easily triggered. I follow SYFY on twitter and this story popped up on my TL:

"PHILIP K. DICK'S ELECTRIC DREAMS WASTES THE ROLES IT OFFERS WOMEN"
    [​IMG]
    http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/philip...b4b7&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

A female writer for SYFY had an issue with Electric Dreams female characters. Electric Dreams was okay, but this woman had a particular problem. She highlighted that the show failed it's female characters because she didn't like they were in sex scenes and one story the men "lusting" after the female character. If you seen the "Autofac" episode you would know that she is confusing two guys in love with the main female character with lust and tried to paint it out as the main story when you see the episode it is actually the backstory. There wasn't even that many scenes dedicated to it. And one guy was her boyfriend and the other guy barely displays his feelings. She also didn't like the Terence Howard episode because there was a sex scene with a married couple with problems, because married people with problems trying to work it out don't have sex. I guess she "missed" the part where they were trying to work it out. My only problem with the sex scene in that episode that it was lazy and corny, but leave it to a fragiled, easily triggered feminist to have a problem with it happening at all. Im surprised she didn't say anything about the forced IR kiss in episode "Safe and Sound" when if you seen the episode it was supposed to go that way with how how the way wrote the black boy to be. But it just goes to show she picked things based on her delusional negative perception of love and relationships.

Is this is where we are going to be at now? Sex scenes aren't allowed to happened with couples if they are working through problems. And if a man loves a woman in a story he's lusting after her, because there's no way a man can actually love a woman he pursues or even dating.

14. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I just saw they just dropped 4 & half minute trailer for season 2 of "Timeless":

15. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I think the short season format was a really good idea for this show. They can save money (the expense was one of the reasons NBC was going to cancel it) they can also cut down on boring "filler" episodes.

16. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Marvel's superhero titles are getting "A Fresh Start" (again?!) come May 2018, with "new series, new creative teams, new directions, new beginnings."

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. darkcurry

Just look like a bunch of trailers mashed together. The first one I haven't seen before though.

18. samson1701

[​IMG]

19. darkcurry

It's time to bring out Val-Zod. lol.

Cyborg and Aqua Man movies could rev up the competition.

20. samson1701

If WB were smart, Static would be their next superhero movie. Especially, seeing as how well Black Panther is doing. Plus, he's pretty well known thanks to his cartoon from back in the day. Static could be their Spiderman.

But, alas, WB is too set in their ways, too rigid, to be able to pull that off. They probably don't even see the opportunity they have with the Milestone Universe.

Because of the success of Black Panther, they will now proceed to rush out Cyborg. They're not going to realise that it can't be just any black superhero that will translate into box office gold. It has to be the right character handled in the right way.

Mark my words; Cyborg just got put on the fast track this past weekend. ...lol