The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lol @ at the purple panty wearing white boys crying about a damn movie. They already have their wack ass superman. Cry me a mountain of rivers.

2. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Thirsty interviewer flirting with Michael B. Jordan.

3. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I'm trying to decide if it is actually as good as Captain America:TWS or do I just love the themes of BP so much that it's clouding my judgment.

Kind of like how you see a movie and love it. Then catch it again some years later and it's not as great as you remember.

I do realize it's not a perfect film. There are issues with the CGI in the fight scenes particularly toward the end. But, that seems to be an issue with a lot of Marvel films. So, it could just be one of those things.

4. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

So based on what I've seen in the media & on social media Yesterday, it's safe to say BP is gonna be big for Michael B. Jordan & Ryan Coogler's careers, right?

LOL, Why am I not surprised she has a european accent?

5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Holy shit how is she not sliding off that chair. Check out the necklace too. That woman is a FAN.

6. The Dark King

Man we know the deal. They don't like us period the end. I've always known what time it is but its even more clear when literally everyone else can make a film in an area of origin and there ain't a peep. No one cares when the cast is mostly Asian and it takes place in an Asian country. No one ever cares when the damn thing takes place in fictional Europe and its all white people. But the minute there's a mostly black cast in AFRICA punk ass lames get their panties in a twist

7. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

He's flirting back. I know those moves. Mike ain't slick. lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. GFunk

GFunk Well-Known Member

Really? You're surprised white folks are acting up over this? Nerd fanbases as racist as fuck, especially when it comes to cosplay

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Shulz021

Shulz021 Well-Known Member

One of the main reasons that Wonder Woman can't be with a black guy is because of the fanboi White nationalists. :confused:

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Ummm.....both white & black fanboys would be pissed, for different reasons, if a black guy or black woman were Wonder Woman. There's a segment of the fanboy community, some black fanboys included, that would more than be happy if every single comic book/superhero related character were all strictly straight white males. Women (no matter the race) would only show up to be love interest and non white dudes would only show up to be villians.

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I would tell both alt-right racists and everybody else that Black Panther DOESN'T belong exclusively to black people, just like Wonder Woman didn't belong exclusively to women, and Captain America doesn't belong exclusively to Americans. Black Panther deserves to have as much mass market success as any other comic book movie.

When I came out of the theater there were just as many white people walking out as black people, and that's the way it should be.

12. ColiBreh1

Not sure if you thought I was being sarcastic or misread what I was saying in my post. But I was asking a serious question. I saw nothing but praise for Coogler & especially MBJ yesterday in the media & on social media. So it's looking like this is gonna be a big boon for their careers.

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Agree on both count. Sadly there's a damaged and vocal segment within Nerd Culture who internalize and view everything in and around the culture strictly about them. The very nature of Nerd Culture is based in part on inclusiveness since most people who gravitate toward it have felt like outsiders in some way throughout their lives.

14. ColiBreh1

I just found out that NBC announced a premeire date for season 2 of "Timeless" a few weeks ago:

They also dropped the first promo a few days ago:

15. The Dark King

Just saw Black Panther and it far exceeded expectations. I have never in my life seen a movie that had me so conflicted with the idea of good and evil.
    Everyone's acting was perfect
    The writing was perfect
    The execution was perfect.
    I didn't know I was starving until I saw this movie.
    That opening scene had a bunch of people tearing up in a BK movie theater.
    Standing ovation at the end.
    Its a must see

16. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

My type of movie!!

17. The Dark King

Yeah you'll definitely love Kilmonger.
    There's not a black person alive who doesn't secretly like him a little.

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

19. The Dark King

I agree and disagree that it belongs to everyone. It meant so much more to black people to the point opening shot I saw many people weeping some were even sobbing because for a lot of black people its the first time ever seeing a setting where we exist without poverty without strife and so much beauty. We can play this game of everyone is the same and yes we are but ultimately we are shaped by experiences within our lifetime and the lifetimes that came before us. So for many black people this experience was more than just a movie. It was down right cathartic to see yourself in a positive light to be in a place of fantasy that wasn't dependent on the white gaze. I have never in my life been a movie theater and been so connected with audience. So I get why many black people feel the way that they do.

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member