The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Val-zod= black superman. Aaand do I even want to know why there is a black president superman? And Nubia the black wonder woman?? Pathetic. And I thought black lightning was lame. DC needs to just stop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I think we'd get Icon before Val-Zod or Calvin Ellis. But, that may just be me doing some wishful thinking.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Step into the Spotlight: Marvel releases new BLACK PANTHER posters

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

5. glt1980

glt1980 Well-Known Member

Crisis on Earth X CW Arrowverse crossover event set to air
    [​IMG]

6. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

New Lord of the Rings TV Series
    November 13th

Amazon has officially greenlit one show that it hopes to rule them all.

The company has made a multi-season production commitment to a television adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s fantasy epic The Lord of the Rings.

It’s a major deal securing one of the biggest brands in pop culture for what’s likely to be one of the most expensive TV shows ever made.
    The series will explore storylines set before the events in the first LOTR novel, The Fellowship of the Ring.

In other words: The war to destroy the One Ring as chronicled in Peter Jackson’s Oscar-winning trilogy of films will not be told in the TV version. So this story is either set before The Hobbit or in between The Hobbit and LOTR.

Source: Entertainment Weekly

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  7. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Lol money is still on the son of krypton

8. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Common Enters the World of Digital Comics
    Wed, Nov 15

Award-winning film and TV composer, actor and rapper Common is adding another storytelling medium to his extensive entertainment resume — digital comics.

The artist has joined forces with digital comics publisher LINE Webtoon to portray the title character in digital comic book series Caster. The story, due out next year, revolves around a globe-trotting antiquities dealer whose search for his next payday leads him into a world of international espionage.

“It’s different than Indiana Jones,” said Common, who will also score the series. “What drew me to him — it’s something about his taste and (his knowledge of) antiquities. It’s very unique.”

The creative team at Noble Transmission — CEO Austin Harrison, author of the graphic novel Wild Blue Yonder, Zach Howard, a comic book illustrator whose work has appeared in Marvel, DC and Dark Horse titles, and Mike Raicht, a former Marvel Comics editor and author of the graphic novel, The Stuff of Legend — developed the original concept.

LINE Webtoon provides the publishing platform. Its app — which is available for Apple and Android devices — provides a daily dose of free comics, from the humorous My Giant Nerd Boyfriend, to the action-packed Rise from Ashes. It publishes some 150 titles, across a variety of genres, and distributes another 7,000 created by emerging talent. It attracts around 10 million daily readers around the world.

Tom Akel, LINE Webtoon’s head of content, said Common’s participation adds a new dimension to its digital comic offerings — music integrated into the experience. Hopefully, A-lister will further broaden LINE Webtoon’s appeal.

“We definitely think Common brings new audience,” said Akel.

Caster is envisioned as a multi-platform character, who its creators hope will leap from the small smartphone screen to the wider one in cinemas. G-Base, Gerard Butler and Alan Siegel’s production company, is on board to produce a live-action adaptation.

Source: Deadline.com

9. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

The CW just announced the premiere date for "Black Lightning": http://tvline.com/2017/11/16/flash-season-4-return-date-arrow-supergirl-black-lightning-premiere/

[​IMG]

The CW’s newest superhero series, Black Lightning, will strike down on Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018, leading out of The Flash.

Thusly, after airing its fall finale on Dec. 5, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow will resume Season 3 at a new night and date TBA.

Black Lighting stars Cress Williams (Hart of Dixie) as Jefferson Pierce, a high school principal in the fictional city of Freeland who long ago was gifted with the power to harness and control electricity. His superhero persona, Black Lightning, is drawn out of a nine-year retirement when a local gang, The One Hundred, threatens his community.

10. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I just don't see the point in this show. I know Amazon thinks it will be their answer to Game Of Thrones, but they have completely miscalculated, a huge part of what makes GOT so popular is the sex and intrigue. Nobody wants to see Hobbit or Orc romance and nobody gives a shit about the politics of Elves.

11. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

In think you're right. Its one of my favorite movies but they should just leave it at that. The only thing that compared to GOT was Tudors and GOT is even better.

12. The Dark King

Punisher is so underwhelming

13. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Lol. What about the new Thor?

14. The Dark King

Is it free on Netflix? Lol

15. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Damn. I said Thor not superman..... Lol

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

What did you think you were going to get from a one note character who works best as a villain?

The Punisher is a straight up psychopathic killer. Marvel keeps trying to make him a "hero" because he was popular during the grim and gritty 90's era of comics. Same thing with the original Eddie Brock version of Venom. You can't reform psycho killers and make them heroes.

17. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That is how I always identify The Punisher since I first seen him in the comics back in the 90's.

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

They've tried all kinds of ways to re-invent the Punisher in order to make him being a psychopath heroic. They actually made him into an angel sent from Heaven to punish the wicked at one time and now he's the new War-Machine since they killed off Jim Rhodes. Still killing folks, but with Stark military armor.

19. The Dark King

Real talk. This is three bad shows in a row. Who the hell is writing this stuff

20. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I think Disney is sabotaging intentionally since the Mouse wants to start its own streaming service but cant easily take away the Marvel Knights stuff....

But yeah Punisher works best when he has a hero to play off with most non humor Anti Heroes do..

As for JL...never though I see the day where Thor crushes the whole Justice League at the Box Office.