The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Makes sense that it would considering they like to keep things more grounded in the real world on the Netflix end compared to the MCU proper. Looks like a normal prosthetic but functions on a high tech level.

2. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Could be a temporary one. I'm wondering the back story on how they gave her that.

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Speaking of The Defenders

How was Elektra able to inflict pain on Luke Cage during their fight scenes? But Jessica couldn't, she needed a shotgun.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

They gave a hint how at the end of Defenders during the conversation between Misty & Colleen. She's in a Rand Corp Experimental Medical Wing. Colleen makes a statement about how they may be able to do something about her missing arm. Clearly they fit her with that during the time period that will have passed at the end of Defenders and start of Luke Cage Season 2.

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Nerve ending strikes. Same thing with Sowande when he attacks Luke. Luke still feels pain & internal trauma when hit. His skin is invulnerable not his organs, muscles & bones.

6. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

Appreciate the spoiler tags fellas. I pretty much stay behind on shows and this thread shows me plenty of relaxing entertainment to look forward too without giving away the good stuff.

7. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I just found out this new Spider-Man animated series debuted last month. Anybody check this out yet to see if it's any good?

8. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

I'll let you decide if it's something you want to watch. They seem to be taking bits from classic Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man and the Spider-Man : Homecoming movie.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Info Note : He doesn't get his actual Spider-Man suit until Episode Three of this new series.

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Hasbro Sues DC Comics And Warner Bros. Over BUMBLEBEE Trademark-Infringement

[​IMG]

Hasbro is taking DC Comics and Warner Bros. to court over what they believe is an infringement over their Bumblebee trademark. This development comes despite the fact that DC Comics created Karen Beecher aka Bumblebee in 1977 in an issue of Teen Titans and the Autobot Bumblebee didn't make first appearance until 1983.

However, it seems one of the key determining factors will be which company actually filed its trademark first, not which character was created first. Hasbro is specifically looking to halt the sale of all Bumblebee DC Super Hero Girls toys, which are made by their rival, Mattel. If Hasbro put their legal intellectual property protection into the court of law before DC/WB, they may actually have a case although how anyone would confuse a shrinking, female superheroine with a transforming Camaro is anyone's guess.

Damn...Hasbro is greedy & petty as fuck over a name....

11. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

12. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Comic Legends: Was Starfire Originally Going to be Black?
    http://www.cbr.com/titans-starfire-...Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=lista
    [​IMG]
    COMIC LEGEND:
    Starfire was originally going to be black in the New Teen Titans.

False

As you may or may not have heard, actress Anna Diop has been cast as Starfire in the upcoming live action Titans series.

Diop is an African-American actress…

[​IMG]

And some folks on social media were upset that she was cast to play Starfire…
    Longtime reader Vinnie B. tweeted me to ask, “What with the recent casting, did you ever address the story that Starfire was originally intended to be black but made golden for Reasons?”

Was that true? Was Starfire originally intended to be black in the New Teen Titans?

I asked Starfire creator Marv Wolfman (who created Starfire with artist George Perez), and he was kind enough to explain the situation. As it turns out, the answer is no, but Vinnie was very close, as ANOTHER one of the original New Teen Titans WAS originally going to be black.

On Marv’s website here, he details his original plans for the New Teen Titans and he explains that it was RAVEN who was originally going to be black…

He ultimately decided against it, in part because naming a black character “Raven” seemed a bit too on point.

So no, Starfire was always going to look like an alien, but you were very close, Vinnie!

For the record, Marv also made sure to point out to me how ridiculous he felt the criticisms of Diop’s casting was, as he correctly notes that there aren’t any 6’7 golden-skinned people with feline eyes on Earth, so you were always going to have to pick someone who didn’t technically look like Starfire, so why would it matter what ethnicity they were?

That’s the legendary creator of the New Teen Titans talking, people! Listen to him!

Thanks to Vinnie for the suggestion and thanks to Marv Wolfman for the answer!

13. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Marvel Legacy is a back-to-basics approach for Marvel Comics, honoring what came before while pushing forward into stories featuring yesterday's, today's, and tomorrow's heroes.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

15. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Spoon if I say they look alike is that racist

16. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Fangs for the Fantasy blog really got me reading the last days. Nice to read other peoples thoughts on the shows I watch.

17. Skaddix

Skaddix Well-Known Member

I use it for books personally. Its useful for figuring out which books actually have some Black Men of note in them to make it worth my time.

The reviews are good I usually agree with them but the POC/LGBT breakdown is useful for personal reading and recommending.

18. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The upcoming Southpark video game has tied the difficulty of the game to the skin color you choose in the character creator. I can see why some folks might not like the idea that playing as a black character makes the game harder, but I kind of think it's funny and surprisingly realistic. The truth is that if America was a video game being black would pretty much be like playing on difficult mode.

http://www.gamesradar.com/south-par...ont-actually-affect-difficulty-says-ubisoft/#

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  19. Tamstrong

Tamstrong Administrator Staff Member

20. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Did you see Carnivale?

Can't remember I have been so angry about the news of a cancellation before. I mourn it to this very day.