The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I would have went Asian dad white mom based on what you just said and I'm personally sick of seeing wm with literally all women but rarely any cross over the other way.
    I'm still waiting to find out why he left. If it was so important to him why up and leave? They never gave a good explaination.

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

They didn't give a good explanation for him leaving because they straight went with his motivation of why he left K'un L'un in the comics : he wanted revenge for his parents death. That doesn't work for the show because in the comics Harold Meachum accompanied the Rands when they were trying to go to K'un L'un and Harold Meachum killed Wendell Rand in front of Danny & his mother because he wanted to be with the mom as well as have full control of Rand/Meachum Corporation. The mom of course rejected Meachum and so he left Danny and his mom to die in the freezing mountain weather. Danny and his mom eventually make it to the outer gates of K'un L'un but are attacked by the equivalent of Dire Wolves as they do. His mom sacrifices herself fighting the wolves to allow Danny to make to the gates. The gate guards try to save his mom but it's too late. His parents' deaths becomes his motivation for training to become the Iron Fist and once he gains it, he leaves K'un L'un to seek revenge on Harold Meachum. Once he gets back to the states however, things don't play out the way he thought they would.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And the only reason why I said keep the dad white is they would probably end up changing his name if the dad were Asian. Otherwise they could have just dumped all of the American/Rand/Meachum Corporation ties altogether and just made him someone born and raised in K'un L'un and left K'un L'un in an naive/arrogant attempt to destroy the Hand.

4. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Don't Watch If You Haven't Seen The Defenders

5. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

6. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

So they cast a beautiful dark skinned woman (Anna Diop) as exotic alien Starfire in the upcoming Titans live action series.

I know (without bothering to look) that there are going to be trolls who hate that a black woman is playing this role. However, I wonder how they will justify their hatred? After all Starfire is an alien with glowing eyes and orange skin, so she isn't really indicative of any real human race.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08/24/live-action-titans-dc-series-casts-starfire

[​IMG]

8. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

I don't know how you can cast starfire. I mean she is so..... out there with the clothes. The character is unrealistic unless you go to a surgeon to get there for most women. I would rather they not make a live action movie but all of that is because I liked the old version. This new 52... Can't stand son of the bat.
    real bad idea... You can't even get justice league and you want to do teen titans.
    teen titan west is probably more realistic.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah the racist assholes and just plain ignorant shitheads are out there on this one. First thing my son did when I walk through the door after I got off of work was run up to me laughing and saying " These stupid fanboys on the internet are mad because not only did they cast as black woman as Starfire but they are mad that she doesn't actually have red/orange hair. They are now spinning this weird "DC is anti-White Red-Heads" conspiracy theory because of this casting and as well as Jimmy Olsen being black on the Supergirl series." SMDH.

10. The Dark King

Never mind that everyone else is white though smh
    I wonder if they got this mad with Zoe Zeldana being the green chick

11. Reverie

Reverie Well-Known Member

Get her a red wig and Anna would be good to go.

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Zoe don't like claiming she's black, so they probably gave her a pass on being Gamora.

They don't seem to have a problem with a black man & black woman playing Martian Manhunter & Ms. Martian on Supergirl, though. I guess cause Martians are exotic and non-white looking compared to Starfire.......

13. The Dark King

Smh I seriously can't follow their weird logic

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Yeah....ain't no way that they can possibly make that black woman realistically resemble Starfire in any way.

OH!! Wait a minute....

[​IMG]

15. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

The tick live action show is on amazon.

[​IMG]

also picture of starfire if you want to understand what I am talking about on her looks

[​IMG]

I doubt whoever gets casted as star fire will be putting on lingerie ..... I'm not against lingerie but that damn sure isn't going to be a rated teen movie.

16. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

Batman: Gotham by Gaslight sneak peek. [​IMG]

17. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

For my Star Wars geeks.....!!

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

If you still haven't seen the Defenders, then don't look...

[​IMG]

....from the set Luke Cage Season 2.

19. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

It looks kind of low tech.

20. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Australian actor Brenton Thwaites has been cast as Robin in the upcoming Titans series.

He looks like he's 16 years old to me but according to IMDB, he's 28.

[​IMG]