The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

The first trailer for Batman Vs. Two-Face, the sequel to Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders, is out. Warner Bros. has not confirmed a release date.

2. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Coming This Friday......

3. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I think I'll be able to binge watch it since it is only 8 episodes.

4. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

I see several Tarantino and Spike Lee influences borrowed from the Warriors movie.
    Ah, the '70s, the era of racially harmonious gangland thug movies.:cool:

5. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

6. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The binging starts at 12:01 am.

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Defenders won't be a long binge compared to the other Marvel/Netflix shows since it's only 8 episodes. I wonder if that's going to be the new episode count going forward for all the shows or will they remain at 13?

8. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I heard that Netflix is basically splitting a lot of shows into mini seasons, so they can release new content continuously, but I don't know if that will effect the MCU shows.

I wouldn't mind 6 or 8 episode seasons if it means we don't have to wait 9-12 months for new episodes.

To tell you the truth all of the Marvel shows have had issues with the story dragging at different points in their seasons, a little tightening up might do the shows some good.

9. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Spoiler
    Some one is missing an arm.....

[​IMG]

10. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

11. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Anyone else thought Defenders was just ok?

12. archangel

Yup, It was all right. Honestly they need real villains. Fist with power houses to handle them but it was ok for what it was.

Lets see RA's comments

I felt like jessica jones's power levels were so weird.

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

SPOILER IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT:

It was "meh" mainly because they relied on everything about the villains and their motivations being connected to Iron Fist and K'un L'un and since Iron Fist was the weakest of the show entries, especially considering we as the audience never actually see anything in regards to K'un L'un, it doesn't pull you in like it could have.

The heroes played well off of each other, however.

14. archangel

I don't know why they concentrated on Ironfist. His comics couldn't sell(Back in the day) yet they expect a tv show. I hope defenders 2 focuses on Daredevil.

15. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

I enjoyed The Defenders, I have a feeling some of the things that took place will continue into Season 2 Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.

It looks Misty Knight will be getting a new arm, hopefully. I loved her character hope to see more of her story from there.

They ended with Jessica and Luke reconciling here and there especially in that bar scene. The way she was looking at him I still wonder though if it's one sided. Just like the first season of JJ they clearly have Jessica in love with him.

For me Elektra and Jessica Jones stole the show. Krysten Ritter and Elodie Yung were scene stealers.

I was hoping though they showed Jessica's flight ability. Bummer, they displayed a bit of it in JJ season 1. She has more than just strength.

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter if Iron Fist's comic didn't sell back in the day. Marvel has expanded and fleshed out the Iron Fist mythos in the comics over the last decade or so that both the TV series and this Defenders storyline could have been better had they actually used some of the newer Iron Fist cannon rather than simply sticking to older/initial cannon.

17. The Dark King

They either need a new actor or a different story line. Dude is so boring to me and with Daredevil there he's redundant.
    And his motivations scream whiny rich kid the other guys are real warriors with real motivations

18. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

And that's one of the reasons why there were people pushing for an actual Asian or half Asian Iron Fist to avoid that bullshit.

You remember the drunk dude that Iron Fist fought in the Iron Fist series when they were tracking Madame Gao to China? That dude is actually half Asian/half White, and is an actual martial artist and stuntman. He actually auditioned for the Iron Fist role and was the reason that Marvel was briefly considering actually going with an Asian Iron Fist because he was that good in his audition and fight scenes. But "Nope" they decided to go the traditional route and see what we got.........

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. The Dark King

I always wonder what would happen if they actually got fans of the source material to work on this stuff. That character is bad all around, I honestly wouldn't care as much of
    1. He actually acted like he was raised by mystic monks. My Lord that dude is whiny af. Bruce Leroy would have done a better job.

2. If they could cast an actual martial artist. DareDevil is different since he wears a mask but I'd like to see an Iron Fist like the one we saw in old footage in the show

3. For the love of God can he stop taking so long to gather is chi, it makes no sense no one would wait on him.

Interestingly the women who played Colleen and Elektra were exactly the casting they needed for Iron Fist

20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Iron Fist, Netflix series wise, would have worked far better on multiple levels if they would have made Danny Rand half Asian IMO. Could have kept the the rich white dad, but gave him an Asian mother, who we find out is actually from K'un L'un (considering in the comics there is convoluted history that his dad actually lived in K'un L'un when he was younger, and was trying to go back there with Danny and his mother resulting in how Danny ended up in K'un L'un in the first place).

If they would have actually embraced all of the mystic martial arts elements like they claimed they would and spent the first half of the Iron Fist series in K'un L'un establishing its inhabitants and place in the overall story with the Hand, both Iron Fist and this Defenders story would have had more meaning to it.