The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

On Set:
    [​IMG]

2. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

This is was kinda' cool to watch.
    The live-action Justice League movie may end up being a stinker, but at least we’ll always have the animated TV series. At this past weekend’s Denver Comic Con, the voice cast reunited to do a live reading of the three-part series finale, “Starcrossed,” and it’s great. Warning, though: After you see it, you may need to binge watch a few episodes, too.

You can watch (or listen, I guess) to the con’s full panel below:

Top row, starting from the left: That’s Phil LaMarr (Green Lantern), George Newbern (Superman), Khary Payton, Brian Cummings, and Kevin Conroy (Batman); below, it’s Michael Rosenbaum (The Flash), Susan Eisenberg (Wonder Woman), voice director Andrea Romano, and Maria Canals-Barrera (Hawkgirl). Cummings filled in for the absent Carl Lumbly (Martian Manhunter) while Payton voiced “Starcrossed” villain Hro Talak.

3. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

I'm willing to give the series a chance, although it strays far afield from the comic.

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

They announced it late last year

http://www.slashfilm.com/jessica-jones-season-2-directors/

5. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

That's literally insane.
    Lucy Liu has aged like 5 years in 20.

6. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

She's doing what black women have always done big whoop

7. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

I'm going to watch it. And, I hope it does well. But, I'm not very excited about it.

Wish it could've been Static. He's so much more than "street gang/drug dealer/clean up the hood" narrative black entertainment gets saddled with.

9. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Anime recommendations (before they pop up on Cartoon Network/Adult Swim)

Psycho Pass

My Hero Academia

Magi Series (The Labyrinth of Magic is basically Season 1 & The Kingdom of Magic Season 2. Magi : Legend of Sinbad is a prequel focusing on the character of King Sinbad and how he came to power).

Tokyo Ghoul & Attack on Titan are already on Adult Swim but you can catch both full seasons of Tokyo Ghoul on Crunchy Roll or Hulu and episodes of the second season of Attack on Titan before they air on Adult Swim on Hulu or Funimation Now.

10. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

The rest of the country can't compete with NY and Atlanta as far as black women are concerned. When we think of women most of us are thinking about the other 95 percent of America....lol

11. darkcurry

Called it! They were going to find out that one of the writers was married to a white woman. Dude is on point about these so-called pro blacks.

12. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I watched the first 4 episodes of My Hero Academia. The Japanese take on American style uperheroes can be kind of weird, but this show is a lot less weird than One Punch Man.

I really don't get the hoopla about Attack on Titan, it seems super creepy to me. Giant naked and sometimes skinless monsters eating people is weird as shit.

My current Anime favorite has to be Dragon Ball Super. It's quirky and undeniably Japanese, but still funny and accessible to anybody.

13. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The hoopla around it is mainly due to the mystery of what the giants really are and why. Season 2 starts touching on it.

I'm sure you've watched enough anime to know they like to build up to any reveals and put twists in any stories that they are telling.

14. SilverSmith

SilverSmith Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

New Justice League photo.

15. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Who was calling out the Black Panther writer for being married to a WW?

16. ColiBreh1

Teaser trailer for Ava Duvernay's "A Wrinkle in Time" just dropped today:

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

White guys with black wives are all the rage in Hollywood it would seem. ;)

18. darkcurry

At the 3:50 mark He begins to talk about those pointing it out.

19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Hoteps, both men & women, were bitching and complaining about any and everything that they could find or think of when the Black Panther teaser dropped to say the movie is anti-black or just the white man throwing black folks a bone. Mofos were complaining about them having spears and African garb, to the Dora Milaje being all women, to the fact one of the script writers being married to a white woman even going as far as black people being into sci-fi and nerd culture was anti-black/supporting white supremacy.

20. ColiBreh1

Something is supposed to be revealed at DisneyExpo today:

[​IMG]

Folks are speculating that the Fantastic Four is coming to the MCU.