The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

The last 20 minutes of Avengers was fantastic, but the first half was kind of ho-hum. There were also script issues, but that really isn't entirely the director's fault.

2. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Ok I'm up late "working" and decided to take a break to watch Supergirl

SPOILER ALERT:

OK give me a break in what universe does Supergirl beat Superman in a fist fight without help? They are really pushing hard to lose their male fan base, who lets face it support all this superhero shit, by creating these incredibly dumb scenarios where no matter the situation a woman can beat a man even in an all out fist fight? Well they've officially lost me

3. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

The whole "no chemistry" argument is a bullshit phrase always used by people when a black guy and a white gal onscreen are in a relationship or can potentially be paired. It is one of those phrases people hide behind to cover their racism, prejudice or discomfort. They can't be called out for it because in theory it is subjective. But in such scenarios when you come across those words you better believe other factors are in play. People rely on this bullshit often when trying to make a case why Finn and Rey shouldn't get together. Apparently they believe John Boyega and Daisy Ridley have no chemistry or, even worse, the chemistry of a brother and sister. Whatever.

4. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

I don't know who they think they are fooling with this picture showing Tom Cruise being the same height as Russell Crowe. Tom is 5' 7" and Russell is 6'.

5. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

You reminded me lol. Fruity Teddy was hooking up left and right and didn't want a commitment until late in S3. These writer were so shameless shitting on DW show after show. Even his mom gets to hook up in season 3 . . . doing it in the Ladies' Room with Professor Matthews while ditching her blind date. I will always love 90210 for the potential it had but never realized (sigh) Dixon could have done something of substance while on that show which would have spawned great storylines for him like have him run for Senior Class President late season 2. Then he can do the Obama thing and go after the Harvard (fantasy), (Forham) (reality), or Villanova (safety) matriculation that he so wanted in season 1 but noooo RRK had him doing stupid shit that an 11yr old would be intelligent enough to avoid like that school vandalism episode on the eve of the SATs. Even Steve Sanders wasn't that dumb SMDH

Furthermore who dates a beautiful blonde like Ivy for six or seven weeks without learning if she's sucking/fucking by late junior year or just sucking . . . maybe you hit the jackpot and she's a genuine virgin but dammit you confirm what's what and whether you two are sexually compatible by week seven maybe five? Dixon had been having Grand Slam sex with a 26 year old woman in Sasha which resulted in pregnancy scare so there was no way he was going to regress back to just hugs & handjobs especially with a cool as chick like Ivy with whom he had a foundation of friendship for a few months prior to their fake dating charade. They would be doing something sexual by week six of dating and it wouldn't be rushed because it would be reasonably expected since she was friends with benefits with Liam who for some inexplicable reason fell into every piece of pussy by accident almost but hers and Adriannas.

Dixon learns what's what with Ivy some time by week six maybe seven at the most but on this show he was five months into the relationship and had no idea she was still a virgin WTF!!! So she couldn't visit him and fly back to her boyfriend in Beverly Hills at some point that senior summer?? Shit come thru for Independence Day week since we know Ivy had plenty of $$ and a big, beautiful house in Topanga Canyon that they could chill at all alone for a week or two why not . . . she is old enough to get the keys and stay a home alone since she's a rising senior at West Bev and far from a juvenile delinquent. I just hate the missed opportunities that RRK and the other 90210 writers had with this potentially flagship couple . . . DIVY saved season 2 but got the shaft for season 3 and it was just deplorable . . . especially after their emotional evolution of the season 2 finale. Rant over :)

6. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

And the thing about it is. Supergirl, Star Wars and others that have these prejudices against interracial between black men and white women are liberal shows and movies. LOL!
    Supergirl is VERY liberal. This is how liberal hollywood is racist. Gay relationships are okay, black women dating outside their race is okay, but black men and white women are no good for each other, they have no chemistry.

7. The Dark King

Lmao damn you have this ALOT of thought fam

8. The Dark King

Yup nailed it. Hell they don't even want poc with other poc. Like I said look at Legends of Tomorrow Jacks gets passed over by not one but two black women in favor of white men. Hell look at Cisco from Flash dude gets almost no play and he finally does the same woman Jacks wanted leaves him for a white guy as well and don't get me started on the star crossed Egyptian lovers bullshit where the guy is always white.
    Look at Arrow Curtis may be gay but his husband is white. There is a very thick there can be only one vibe going on

9. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I know right, LOL. Did dude just get done binge-watching "90210"? Because dude is ranting about it in multiple threads as if it's a current show still on the air instead of a show that ended 4 years ago.

10. ColiBreh1

[​IMG] Hopefully y'all eventually realize that just because a person, company, or industry is Liberal, doesn't mean they're not racist. Liberals can be just as racist as Conservatives, racist Liberals are just more covert & deceptive about their racism than racist conservatives.

I've kinda come to the conclusion, being a "Liberal" just means you care about LGBT & Feminism. Doesn't mean anything about not being racist.

11. Young Herschel

I re-write this shit in my head . . . like season story arcs they could have plausibly done while I work nights lol. I already had Teddy and Raj doing a big, beautiful Indian themed wedding that the gay community would love and slap the face of the prop 8 conservatives of California for the season 3 finale. Big ratings if only in backlash on Rush Limbaugh. Then Dixon and Ivy get married at the beginning of November sweeps in season 4 . . . which gives that sorry season a ratings boost it sorely needed. Ivy was a Virgo and September baby so she only turned 17 in early season 3 and ONLY that was when Dixon pulled her panties down for the first time after abstaining all summer in AUS while Laurel's such a liberal mom she let them share a luxury suite at the Sheraton in Sydney . . . Ivy ultimately tried to rape him a few times while he slept because she wanted breakfast in bed but he persevered as he wanted what was best for her lol.

Season 3 is mainly about Dixon's struggles as West Bev's first black senior class president and the conflicts he feels as his gambling addiction makes him a prime prospect for blackmail and threatens his early admission matriculation to Fordham University if it ever got out that he was co-mingling treasury funds of the student government to cover his gambling losses online lol. Also he and Ivy deal head on with the institutional racism that often befalls black on blonde relationships via LAPD . . . Ivy wonders why she gets pulled over all the time when she is driving with Dixon but never when she's with Annie, Adrianna or Teddy :)

12. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

13. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

The Universal monsters (Frankenstein, Werewolf, Mummy)
    Three Musketeers
    Sherlock Holmes
    Robin Hood
    King Arthur
    All early 20th century colonizing white man characters (Tarzan, John Carter, Flash Gordon, Buck Rogers, etc)

Characters they shouldn't make movies of EVER AGAIN

14. Young Herschel

I have not seen anyone posting about this big summer movie trailer so :

15. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Injustice 2: Static Came THIS Close To Joining the Battle
    CBR.com

[​IMG]

Though the recently released Injustice 2 has been racking up positive reviews from critics and generating virtually nothing but satisfied praise from players, some fans are likely more than a little disappointed that at least one DC Comics hero didn’t make the final roster.

Though he was at the top of many fans’ wish list, Dakota’s resident teen superhero Static was ultimately left out of NetherRealm and Warner Bros. Interactive’s follow-up to Injustice: Gods Among Us. A fact that’s particularly disappointing considering the hero is already in canon for the Injustice universe, having appeared as a playable character in the Injustice 1 mobile game.

RELATED: Injustice 2 Harley Quinn Scene Explains Joker’s Return

Fans can take some solace in knowing they aren’t alone in lamenting Virgil Hawkins’ exclusion from the sequel’s line-up. Injustice 2 character designer Marco Nelor shared a piece of concept art for the young hero on Instagram, expressing his personal disappointment at Static not making the final cut. “So sad about this one,” Nelor lamented. “He was all cleaned up and ready to go, but unfortunately Static didn’t make the cut for #injustice2 … damn. I had him all worked out too. Oh well. Enjoy !”

Though Static was never actually hinted at as a possible roster addition for the sequel, when asked whether the character was considered as for Injustice 2NetherRealm Studio head Ed Boon replied on Twitter, “He is actually in our Injustice1 mobile app :)”, a vague response, perhaps, but one that gave fans some hope that he was at least a possibility for the game. Of course, while he’s not part of the Injustice 2 launch, perhaps there’s a Dakota-themed DLC in the future…

RELATED: Injustice 2 Reveals First Red Hood Gameplay Image

Developed by NetherRealm for Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, the sequel to the hit 2013 video game Injustice: Gods Among Us continues the storyline, with Batman and his allies work toward putting the pieces of society back together while struggling against those who want to restore Superman’s regime. However, in the midst of that chaos, a new threat appears that will put Earth’s existence at risk.

Now available in stores or via digital download, Injustice 2 features such playable characters as Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Supergirl, Harley Quinn, Gorilla Grodd and Blue Beetle, with arenas in DC Universe locations like Gotham City, Metropolis and Atlantis.

Power up and build the ultimate version of your favorite DC legends in INJUSTICE 2. With a massive selection of DC Super Heroes and Super-Villains, INJUSTICE 2 allows you to equip every iconic character with unique and powerful gear earned throughout the game. Experience an unprecedented level of control over how your favorite characters look, how they fight, and how they develop across a huge variety of game modes. This is your super Hero. Your Journey. Your Injustice.

16. JamalSpunky

JamalSpunky Well-Known Member

What I can't stand about the folks who are now very vocal on twitter about how the Supergirl showrunners did a disservice to James in general and the James/Kara relationship in particular is that not enough of them were loud enough or cared enough during the first season when the plan was to still have them romantically paired and haters out there were more vocal in their criticism of the pairing. It makes me cynical that many of these people who are currently asking for James/Kara now, especially black women, are a bunch of phonies who are now only speaking up because they are certain the possibility of that pairing is dead and buried anyway. They pretty much watch the house get consumed completely in flames and then picked up the phone to call the fire department.

Truthfully this is a pattern that happens consistently when a TV show or a film pairs or looks to be in the process of pairing a white female with a black guy. The positive feedback or push for the pairings move too slowly and start off at lower numbers. White guys aren't going to go out of their way to support such pairings. Same for black women generally. White women don't rush out shipping/tumblr sites in tribute to such pairings either. And even more disturbing black guys don't do shit about it either. Black dudes either remain silent on the such hookups or like brainwashed, mama-boy toadies they go around twitter and message boards talking about how it is disrespectful to their "black queens" when a brotha hooks up with some "flat ass white girl". Pathetic. Those black dudes carry the water for the black chicks who are threatened by the notion of seeing black men with white women in any way. Interesting enough these same black women never seem to object when black female characters are paired again and again and again with white male characters. And every 1000th time it happens they make it out to be some overdue, necessary media correction that never happened before...even if it just happened ten times a week earlier. I'm tired of their bullshit narrative about how black female beauty and sexuality needs to be celebrated and put forth in TV and film. We have already given that. When will the media celebrate black men in a similar fashion?

I'm also weary of this argument that "black love" needs to be presented more. The idea of this isn't wrong, but what annoys me is the scenario in which such a topic is ever brought up. It only tends to happen when there are pairings of black men and white women. Only then do we get cries about showing more of black love. But when it comes to all the examples of the black women/white men pairings I don't seem to ever come across any bemoaning that there aren't enough black men-black women relationship portrayals in Hollywood.

Prime example is The Flash. As soon as they cast a black actress t play Iris West it was assumed that Barry Allen would be romantically involved with her. But when the writers threw some curveballs their way in terms of romantic obstacles, black females, who make up only a minority of the show's viewers made it their life goal to ensure that Barry and Iris would be an item. They dominated twitter on the subject and made sure TPTB heard heir feelings on the matter. And it didn't stop there. When there was announcement of a Flash movie they started a twitter campaign which was #KeepIrisBlack even though Iris west has been and remained white in the comic books for about 60 years. They did their typical crying about diversity and representation which translates always to let the black gal be the love interest of the white man (because that is what typically happens when TPTB does racebend casting by picking a black actress). These folks, and a number of black men and non-black people who supported the cause, pretty much made an argument that the people making The Flash film would be harming progress by casting a white woman to play Iris.

As much as I disagree with these fools I will at least give them credit for making their voices heard and not being afraid to promote and push for black women and white men pairings. Tell me though where were the black men when the showrunners of Supergirl wobbled on the James-Kara pairing and later pushed James far into the background?

17. The Dark King

Here's the issue men in general crave and desire peace. If you aren't in a relationship with a ww any support of that pairing starts an argument where a black man's non white significant other will present the argument that you secretly want a white woman. Non white women don't have this obstacle because truthfully most men don't give a shit. At most you'll hear a snide comment but mostly you'll get silence. Most men aren't going to do the back and forth over that. So we have more to risk and white women don't need to do anything because they are represented everywhere so who cares if they aren't paired with black guys they have all the options.

18. ColiBreh1

[​IMG] So much to unpack from this rant that I mostly agree with.

1. As much as I'm on Twitter, I don't keep-up with what the fanbase of a TV show is saying about the show like you & @darkcurry do. What's a good way to see what the fanbase of a TV show is saying about the show on Twitter? Look up the Hashtag?

2.[​IMG] It's interesting to see the fanbase now wants James-Kara pairing back including BW. I guess the fanbase universally hates Kara & Mon-el like I did.

3. I've said this before, it's usually females that root for a pairing. That's 1 reason you don't see BM saying anything. I also agree another reason is because BM are afraid to offend BW & are carrying water for BW. Most BM rooting for BM IR on a TV show are gonna be subtle about it, be macho or sexist about it, or just not comment on it.

3. I'm definitely 100% agree with being over with the rhetoric of #BlackGirlsRock & #RepresentationMatters segment of Black Twitter.

4. [​IMG] You ain't lying about your comments about "Black Love" needing to be represented more on TV & film. I hear people complain about that most often when a big name black male Actor has a white female love interest in a film. They really be complaining about that shit as if Black movies & TV shows don't exist.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Rosario Dawson in Talks for X-Men Spinoff ‘New Mutants’

[​IMG]

Rosario Dawson is in talks to join the X-Men spinoff “New Mutants” for Fox and Marvel as Dr. Cecilia Reyes.

“New Mutants” is in pre-production and has been set for an April 13, 2018, opening. “The Fault in Our Stars” director Josh Boone is helming “New Mutants” from a script he co-wrote with Knate Lee about teenage superheroes-mutants.

Dr. Cecilia Reyes serves as a mentor for the superheroes. Her character has the ability to generate an invisible bio-field around herself.

“Split” star Anya Taylor-Joy and Maisie Williams of “Game of Thrones” are already signed up for the project with Taylor-Joy playing Illyana Rasputin, also known as Magik, who uses teleportation. Williams is on board as Rahne Sinclair, a.k.a. Wolfsbane, who can to turn into a wolf. Simon Kinberg and Karen Rosenfelt are producing.

Fox announced last month that it was dating three Marvel movies for 2018 — “New Mutants” for April 13, “Deadpool 2” for June 1, and “Dark Phoenix” for Nov. 2.

Dawson plays nurse Claire Temple in Netflix’s Marvel shows, including “Daredevil,” “Luke Cage,” “Iron Fist” and the upcoming “The Defenders.” She starred opposite Katherine Heigl in the Warner Bros. thriller “Unforgettable” and was the voice of Batgirl in “The Lego Batman Movie.”

20. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

When you see someone speaking so much truth on a matter, only to realize that it's the kind of truth that gets swept under the rug...
    [​IMG]