The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. RicardoCooper

RicardoCooper Well-Known Member

LOL don't be so sure. Seth's been in longtime business with FOX. He probably got a full-season commitment at least. On the Star Trek boards I'm on, peeps are feeling Orville more than Star Trek: Discovery

2. nobledruali

nobledruali Well-Known Member

Actually I thought it was a great episode dealing with aspects of diversity and/or alien racism. To be honest it was somewhat realistic in their tv world so well done I say.
    As far as Kara & Mon El are concerned the public is much more comfortable with the 2 of them being together & people used to say on IMDB that James & Kara had no chemistry! Also can you imagine a black male superhero character being all over a white female character like they love to do with Barry & Iris?! Hell no!

3. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

Which tells me we need to create more of our storylines

4. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

Well Luke Cage and Jessica Jones were all over each other. I'm not sure if they are continuing their relationship though as he is seen in bed with Claire Temple and fans are already
    asking for Jessica and Daredevil to be together.

But you have to understand they wrote James and Kara to have bad chemistry, if you ever noticed how they do interracial involving a black man and a white woman especially on tv there is a trend of the black guy being standoffish and unromantic and the girl be more interested in him than he is in her, but will also push him away and will easily hookup with other people and then the white guy comes in and they make him completely opposite of the black guy.

Three shows I have noticed that have done that so far:
    Supergirl
    Wynonna Earp
    The Messenger

And possibly Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.

5. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

That kind of observation and analysis is something black men in Hollywood don't have or too scared to voice. Hopefully more and more fans catch on.

6. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

7. andreboba

8. andreboba

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  9. The Dark King

Also on Glee where the same girl from Supergirl left her black boyfriend for a white guy because he couldn't help cheating on her
    Good observation

10. Young Herschel

Young Herschel Well-Known Member

^^ Not to beat a dead horse but this was how Rebbeca Rand Kirshner's staff at 90210 wrote Dixon and Ivy in season 3 as if to say Dixon is dumber than dogfood and also happens to be so dickless that he cannot be bothered to have sex. Make-up Sex with his beautiful blonde ex while away on Senior Class trip in Mexico while everyone else is hooking up . . . but nooooo not Dixon and Ivy that would be untenable to RRK and her staff . . . then along come the new guy (Raj) at the end of the episode and Ivy moves on with him. Dixon has not had sex in over 17 months and has balls bigger than boulders by now mind you . . . but he would rather surf than fuck his ex girlfriend who had been holding on to their love like Sade for months until she met Raj recently.

Who would write this garbage and make Dixon dumber than dogfood?? Why was Dixon dickless for two full years and who thought that was a ratings assest??

11. The Dark King

Exactly yet everyone even the gay guy afraid to come out was hooking up. Silver was crazy only when they were together but a great girlfriend for everyone else. Adriana barely touched him before cheating on him.
    The CW in general never has good romantic parts for black men let alone letting them have any power

12. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

Uhhhh...... What about Cress Williams in "Hart of Dixie"?

I still haven't finished watching Season 1 of that show, so avoid the Spoilers.

13. The Dark King

You'll see

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Zack Snyder Steps Down From JUSTICE LEAGUE; Passes Film To Joss Whedon

[​IMG]

In an interview with The Hollywood Reporter, director Zack Snyder has announced his departure from Justice League. His decision comes after the tragic death of his daughter Autumn Snyder, who committed suicide this past March at the age of 20.

In his statement, Snyder said: “In my mind, I thought it was a cathartic thing to go back to work, to just bury myself and see if that was way through it, The demands of this job are pretty intense. It is all consuming. And in the last two months, I’ve come to the realization …I’ve decided to take a step back from the movie to be with my family, be with my kids, who really need me. They are all having a hard time. I’m having a hard time.”

Autumn's death had been kept private within Snyder's inner circle until now as he felt hesitant to share the heartbreaking news to the hyper-reactive internet and the often fervent DC fanbase. “Here’s the thing, I never planned to make this public, I thought it would just be in the family, a private matter, our private sorrow that we would deal with. When it became obvious that I need to take a break, I knew there would be narratives created on the internet. They’ll do what they do. The truth it…I’m past caring about that kind of thing now.” He continues on to share his new perspective. “I want the movie to be amazing and I’m a fan, but that all pales pretty quickly in comparison. I know the fans are going to be worried about the movie but there are seven other kids that need me. In the end, it’s just a movie. It’s a great movie. But it’s just a movie."

Joss Whedon (The Avengers) has written and will direct additional scenes for the film, which will shoot in London this summer. Snyder recently screened a rough cut for fellow filmmakers and friends and decided on adding a few new scenes, bringing Whedon on board to pen them, but ultimately decided it wasn't the right time for him to leave his mourning family. In lieu of a release delay, which was discussed, Snyder brought on Whedon to complete the project.

Warner Bros. president Toby Emmerich elaborates a bit further on the new schedule. “The directing is minimal and it has to adhere to the style and tone and the template that Zack set. We’re not introducing any new characters. It’s the same characters in some new scenes. He’s handing a baton to Joss but the course has really been set by Zack. I still believe that despite this tragedy, we’ll still end up with a great movie.”

15. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

What an awful thing to happen to anyone. Prayers for him and his family.

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Universal's "DARK UNIVERSE" Revealed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Universal has officially announced that their series of classic monster movie reboots will collectively be known as Dark Universe and will kick-off with next month’s The Mummy.

Universal's Dark Universe films will be connected by a mysterious organization known as Prodigium that tracks monsters. The organization is led by Dr. Henry Jekyll, played by Russell Crowe.

The studio has also officially confirmed that The Invisible Man and Frankenstein’s Monster will be played by, respectively, Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem, who will join Tom Cruise as Nick Morton and Russell Crowe as Dr. Henry Jekyll. The entire team is pictured above with Sofia Boutella, who will play the The Mummy of the title.

In addition, it's been announced that Bill Condon will direct Bride of Frankenstein, which will be the next film in the series and is set for release on February 14, 2019.

17. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Damn, I feel sorry for him. I experienced a loss around the same time he did, and I can say for sure going back to work or school is super hard. Returning to a "normal" life doesn't always make sense after someone you care about is taken from your life.

As for the Joss Whedon thing, I thought he did an OK job with Avengers, but it's gonna be interesting to see if he tries to mimic Snyder's style or if he will bring his on signature directing flavor.

18. The Dark King

If the Avengers was just ok what do you consider good?

19. The Dark King

I know mental health is something hard to understand but how do you have that much wealth that much influence and not see certain things coming. Suicide under those conditions are so hard for me to wrap my head around, literally billions of people of on this planet don't have a clue where their next meal is coming from yet they press on but you have this person who has literally all the world can offer and its not enough just wow

20. Beasty

Beasty Well-Known Member

A guy with lightening powers is in the hood beating up drug dealers? DC lame af.