The Nerdz Lounge.

Discussion in 'In the Media' started by Ra, Dec 12, 2010.

1. darkcurry

darkcurry Well-Known Member

She is a GREAT actress, by the way. I loved her performances in the last few films she was in.

2. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

I could've sworn it was originally announced over a year ago that Arya Stark was gonna star in this film.

3. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

The rumors that she was going to be in the movie started a year ago. Now that the movie is officially greenlit, they can actually say she's in the movie.

4. andreboba

andreboba Well-Known Member

For you, Sampson.lol You know it will be the biggest hit of the summer...from John Singleton and FX.

I can't lie, the promos for Snowfall are DOPE.lol

Last edited: May 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. The Dark King

The Dark King Well-Known Member

I was expecting something nerdy. Silly me lol

6. samson1701

samson1701 Well-Known Member

Oh, we turnin' up for this one. Got's to keep it real. ...lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. samson1701

Kingpin.jpg Had no idea the guy who did the voice of Kingpin in 90's Spiderman cartoon was black.

Guy's name was Roscoe Lee Brown. He died back in '07. He was a highly regarded actor in his own right.

[​IMG]

8. andreboba

If the network stuck with this show a little bit longer I think it would have caught on.
    Seinfeld wasn't a hit out the box either and in the beginning it had bad ratings.

Seinfeid produced today would have been cancelled after its first season. It took a solid 4 years before Seinfeld became a Neilsen ratings monster. For 4 years straight Seinfeld had a show ranking of #25 or worse, usually ranked in the 40s. In their 5th season, they were the 3rd ranked Neilsen show on TV and were never low than that.

Back to Timeless. Time travel, if done correctly, is always a great precedent for a movie or TV show because of the endless possibilities in plot and thematic arc.

I hope someone like Amazon or Netflix takes over the show, similar to what happened to Arrested Development.
    I feel the exact same way about Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles.
    2 seasons and done. That show was so......!

9. ColiBreh1

ColiBreh1 Well-Known Member

10. samson1701

11. Thump

Thump Well-Known Member

Good news. If they followed the Netflix and HBO model and had 10-13 episode seasons I bet the quality of the storytelling would improve, and it would have a much better chance of having a season 3 and beyond.

The achelies heel of Sci-Fi shows is of having to stretch stories out over 23 episodes. Most shows end up with a handful of great episodes but also quite a bit of filler *cough*The Flash*cough*

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  12. andreboba

13. samson1701

Got all caught up with the show tonight. I'm liking it s lot, so far. The first few minutes of episode one had me trippng. *****SPOILLER*****

I've never seen an instant, human porcupine before.

This show is Bryan Fuller doing what Bryan Fuller does and if you have the patience to stick around, his work always pays off.

Dude is so creatively advanced. Hope he can keep this level of quality story telling up.

I feel the same about the guy who does "Mr Robot", too. Good shit.

14. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

*SEMI SPOILER IF YOU HAVE NOT WATCHED YET*

That's why I put the disclaimer about some things would be WTF if you went in not knowing what the premise of the series was ahead of time. Those beginning minutes, the stuff with Bilquis and all the stuff with the coin tricks in Episode 1 will have you like what is going on.

15. The Dark King

Seemed pretty easy to figure out. Especially her saying worship me. Maybe I've been into fantasy so long I can pick up on things fast

16. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

Seeing how there are black people that totally missed the horror elements of Get Out, I don't have faith in people as a whole picking up on things that should be easy to catch.

17. The Dark King

Lol fair enough

18. samson1701

My take on it? Get Singer's dated ideas as far away from the franchise as humanly possible. Or this will happen ...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  19. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

It's on Fox so it will be cancelled just before or right after it's full first season like the majority of sci-fi/fantasy series they have put out over the last few years.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  20. Ra

Ra Well-Known Member

[​IMG]